Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 4th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Morning all!Just interested to see how many people want to see snow and wintery conditions now that we're in meteorological Spring?

I'm a realist and have to take whatever nature gives us, as we have no choice! I'm sanguine about the current very small potential for a bit more snow as I am preparing for that eventuality even if it's small in probability, short in duration and light in intensity. I'm sure this current sunny spell will crop up again in the next few weeks and that we will probably get the usual mix of British weather through the next season. I'm certainly hoping for a warm and sunny Summer, but that's what's so interesting about the meteorology in the UK - we are never 100% sure of what we are going to get until it happens!

Guest bjaykent

Morning all!Just interested to see how many people want to see snow and wintery conditions now that we're in meteorological Spring?I'm a huge snow fan but am now ready for some warm Spring sunshine, not really interested in seeing any more white stuff or freezing temps until the winter. Are there any other snow lovers out there that feel the same way?smile.png

Hi Jezzer, I just can't say no to snow even in spring, wouldn't mind a nice warm and settled summer though, like it or loathe it still looks like some cold weather to come.smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all! :)

I'm sure I'm having the same sunny day as everyone here.

So it's looking like possible / probable snow next week then here. I hope those that like it enjoy it. I'll be in warmer climes and very happy to avoid it personally.cool.png While I really like the early Spring warm weather, I don't like the tendency for very cold that can happen too, within a very short space of time.

I'm now looking for some big convective Spring showers rather than a half hearted return to the freezer. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Hi Jezzer, I just can't say no to snow even in spring, wouldn't mind a nice warm and settled summer though, like it or loathe it still looks like some cold weather to come.smile.png

Perhaps I'm being swayed by the fact that my wife is a month away from having our first baby, could do with some Spring warmth to ease us into parenthood. And I certainly hope that this Summer is better than last year, although that shouldn't be hard! nea.gif

It's 10 years since the stunning summer of 2003, now a repeat of that would go down well! good.gif

Guest bjaykent

Perhaps I'm being swayed by the fact that my wife is a month away from having our first baby, could do with some Spring warmth to ease us into parenthood. And I certainly hope that this Summer is better than last year, although that shouldn't be hard! nea.gif

It's 10 years since the stunning summer of 2003, now a repeat of that would go down well! good.gif

Very best wishes to you and your wife, your first born is always a very special time, our first child came in Feb 1992 and tbh, I have no clue what the weather was was like for weeks after that! Look forward to hearing your good news next moth.smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Very best wishes to you and your wife, your first born is always a very special time, our first child came in Feb 1992 and tbh, I have no clue what the weather was was like for weeks after that! Look forward to hearing your good news next moth.smile.png

Thanks, I'll certainly be back to reveal all, if I have time!! help.giflazy.gif

Posted

Thanks, I'll certainly be back to reveal all, if I have time!! help.giflazy.gif

Let's hope it a boy or a child then! :lol:

Posted

River Thames at Kingston Bridge looked beautiful this morning all shimmery in the early sun with a light mist hovering and some brave canoeists taking on the 1 degree temperature that meant a second morning of frost scraping off the car. Completely clear blue sky now here in Uxbridge and the chimney smoke at Stockley Close was going straight up as we drove past. It does get one thinking of spring that's for sure, but, well, I never can resist a bit of snow....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Morning everyone, already feeling warmer then yesterday here by miles, it's going to be a beautiful day.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

Morning everyone, already feeling warmer then yesterday here by miles, it's going to be a beautiful day.

Morning Alexis, I think it might! :clap:

Posted

Morning all, beautiful day out there again today. Given a choice I would take sunny days like this or snowfests over dull grey rainy days. Garden is drying out nicely and I think I have eventually managed to get rid of all the muddy paw prints from around the house.

Not looking forward to the return of Mr Rain tomorrow. I see the GFS is teasing us again with next week whatever happens it's been very interesting watching it all play out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Lovely sunny and mild in The Swich. Beautiful spring day and I can't bare the thought of a return to wintry conditions. :(

Looking forward to some spring showers with some T&L mixed in. :)

Have a lovely day, everyone.

post-17085-0-29443100-1362479135_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I might try and get to the seafront this afternoon for some fresh air and take the camera with me for some pics. This time of year so many contrasts are available - going from snowshoes to sunshades and sometimes back againbiggrin.png Then again, with our climate this variety is always possiblesmile.png

Posted

Question: given the possible cold set-up in the offing.... where is Steve Murr??!!

Posted

Question: given the possible cold set-up in the offing.... where is Steve Murr??!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

It's a bit misty on the seafront still so i would wait till this afternoon and it should've burnt back a bit

Lovely in the sun

Well its still quite chilly so I sure haven't broken out my summer wardrobe just yetunsure.png , but one of my woolly jumpers should be fine, and I will keep my eyes out for meeting any gorillas in the mistph34r.png

Posted

I see a bit of hysteria is breaking out there.

One poster is saying that the upcoming cold spell might make 63 blush.

If he means March 1963, then it's likely to be true, as it wasn't a cold month - a bit chilly for the first 3 or 4 days and then average to above average in terms of temperatures. If he means the winter of '63, then oh deary me!doh.gif

Edited by Steve C

Guest bjaykent

Well its still quite chilly so I sure haven't broken out my summer wardrobe just yetunsure.png , but one of my woolly jumpers should be fine, and I will keep my eyes out for meeting any gorillas in the mistph34r.png

Perhaps hunting packs of OAP's might be more of a threat!help.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hi all,

I've been laid low for many a day and haven't kept up to date with much of the expected weather action, can somebody kindly answer a question I posted on the sleepy SW forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all.

I guess I need to read back a few posts or attempt to enter the MOD thread for an update but can somebody inform me where the breakdown is coming in from? Is the attack coming up from the South, the South-west, West or North-west even? According to Satellite imagery it almost looks like a plume of cloud from Spain and France but I guess I'm dreaming. sorry.gif

Posted

I see a bit of hysteria is breaking out there.

Yep, yet again a bit of perspective is required and a lot of patience, as we wait until the weekend to see with a bit more accuracy what the hi-res, 48 hour models are indicating. There are some good hints out there currently but at such a long way away, all we can do is a bit of harmless ramping and hoping. No use getting your knickers in a knot 5 days away - wait and see what's on the cards then.....

SymbolCardSnow.jpg

In general, the 5 of Pentacles points to a feeling of being left out in the cold

Some symbol meanings emerging from the five of Pentacles:

Stained glass is symbolic of perception and how our vision (mental, physical and spiritual) can change according to our perception and beliefs.

whistling.gif

Edited by Coast

Guest bjaykent

Yep, yet again a bit of perspective is required and a lot of patience, as we wait until the weekend to see with a bit more accuracy what the hi-res, 48 hour models are indicating. There are some good hints out there currently but at such a long way away, all we can do is a bit of harmless ramping and hoping. No use getting your knickers in a knot 5 days away - wait and see what's on the cards then.....

SymbolCardSnow.jpg

whistling.gif

Here's a vision LOL aint never gonna happen though

post-16390-0-27612600-1362483468_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional
Posted

whistling.gif

Totally agree. It could give a notable snow event for March. There have certainly been historical major snow events in mid March, but it's all too far off, imho, at the moment, to get properly excited.

Anyway, I won't be seeing it.tongue.pngcool.png

Edited by Steve C