South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 08/03/13 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Precipitation charts come out first

Oops my bad :-/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Haha!! Cats, so inconvenient, always know when you want to sleep!! Anyway, back on topic, a channel low is always a good set up for southern counties. I have heard a few experts say Dartmoor is probably going to be hit hard, but I have just bought a VW Touareg and am gagging to try it out in the snow!!

Yes channel lows are the holy grail for southern counties but at the moment it is looking more like a northern France low which aint much use for a dumping!!

Haha!! Cats, so inconvenient, always know when you want to sleep!! Anyway, back on topic, a channel low is always a good set up for southern counties. I have heard a few experts say Dartmoor is probably going to be hit hard, but I have just bought a VW Touareg and am gagging to try it out in the snow!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Right, back on topic proper this time.... When is the next NAE out??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

AJ has now dealt with the reference in the original posting, so as he rightly suggests, let us now move on.

Posted

Well all I can say, is that it really won't take a massive shift north and we are back in it, N France looks to take a big hit right now as the models show it, so here's to hoping we wake up tomorrow and the northern shift has commenced. I have a 9 o'clock meeting that I cannot be bothered to go to on Monday so snow would be good! We can't afford any further movement south, that's for sure.

Posted

AJ has now dealt with the reference in the original posting, so as he rightly suggests, let us now move on.

Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

On just the odd occasion, these threads can go astray, although thankfully these are rare events, however tonight is reminiscent of the following event, captured on video. Take note, this situation may well develop near you over the coming 24 to 36 hours should the fun NOT materialise. rofl.gif*fun* being used as a broadly loose term for those wanting a final wintry fling before the season is over.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

I was thinking of driving down to near the south coast to see some snow but if these southward corrections continue then I may need to swap my car for a boat to see the snow falling in the channel lol

Posted

On just the odd occasion, these threads can go astray, although thankfully these are rare events, however tonight is reminiscent of the following event, captured on video. Take note, this situation may well develop near you over the coming 24 to 36 hours should the fun NOT materialise. rofl.gif*fun* being used as a loose term for those wanting a final wintry fling before the season is over.

Haha!! My cat went a bit funny then!!

Posted

Well the 10 o'clock news weather was fairly uninspiring

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

So with all the talk of the snow being in the channel, does that mean the isle of wight is still looking good.. ?

Posted

This from Ian Fergusson: So, little to add currently from UKMO chief. The most rainfall equivalent generated in latest NAE for Monday is 4mm in S Devon; 2mm or less elsewhere in S England; much higher totals N France. Latest EC has v similar amounts. So on face value a non-event BUT chief cautions how "all ingredients remain to be mindful... of a severe event with blizzards (etc)..."; this more serious outcome currently given a 10-20% PROB based on all available output as of now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just got back from a quick walk up to the village shop and can report light drizzle & feeling chilly rather than cold in a light south easterly breeze

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

The weather forecast i have just seen is showing a trend and that is the low is getting further away!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Ah well I'm off to get some sleep. Will probably not sleep well tomorrow night with lamppost watching and excitement! And of course then the let down when nothing happens.

Posted

This from Ian Fergusson: So, little to add currently from UKMO chief. The most rainfall equivalent generated in latest NAE for Monday is 4mm in S Devon; 2mm or less elsewhere in S England; much higher totals N France. Latest EC has v similar amounts. So on face value a non-event BUT chief cautions how "all ingredients remain to be mindful... of a severe event with blizzards (etc)..."; this more serious outcome currently given a 10-20% PROB based on all available output as of now.

Better than no chance, on that note its time for me to fall asleep in front of the TV on the sofa watching MOTD,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

I was thinking of driving down to near the south coast to see some snow but if these southward corrections continue then I may need to swap my car for a boat to see the snow falling in the channel lol

Dont forget to take a pasty with you.blum.gifblum.gif

Posted

Blimey it looks tight. Close but no cigar?!

Off to bed and dreaming of waking to find the track of the low 100 miles further north, it could happen...

BO

Posted

Having spent the last few years riding the Netweather rollercoaster I feel qualified to say that this is a channel low, yes? Therefore no one knows what's going to happen and no amount of forecasting/chart watching and wringing of hands is going to change this. Exeter could get blasted and Taunton could see nothing, conversely Southampton could get a pasting and Somerset could end up with rain and murk.

Please correct me if I am wrong. :)

Posted

Having spent the last few years riding the Netweather rollercoaster I feel qualified to say that this is a channel low, yes? Therefore no one knows what's going to happen and no amount of forecasting/chart watching and wringing of hands is going to change this. Exeter could get blasted and Taunton could see nothing, conversely Southampton could get a pasting and Somerset could end up with rain and murk.

Please correct me if I am wrong. :)

Spot on