Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 09/03/13 21z---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Lastest BBC forecast on BBC 1 now shows the main band of snow on Friday won't reach us until later in the day and into Saturday now thats assuming its gets this far north of course still a lot of uncertainties at the moment

Posted

Well I bloody hope we see further shifts North in the charts later today like the GFS this morning, we are due a pasting as we've missed the big events this winter. IT IS SO UNFAIR. I've got my fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed for a North Eastwards correction :)

Edited by Snowmaggedon

Posted

Local forecast is now showing light snow for all the region and temperature of 4c for Durham on Friday and Saturday the main band won't arrive until later in the day on Friday still uncertainty how far north east it gets but patchy snow is likely before it clears during Saturday

Edited by Gavin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

For once it looks like there could be a big dumping in the Lakes this weekend :)

Posted

Fingers crossed for another March 2006, that was epic over there!

Posted

Should be at least a foot here come saturday if it goes with NAE. Probably around 6 inches here now although havnt measured and possibly the coldest night this winter tonight if bbc are to be believed.

Posted

The GFS looks amazing for most of Northern England, even the NE could get quite a bit from this event.

Posted

It was around this time in January's event when the models started favouring Wales to be hardest hit, but this time after shifting South, things have shifted North again? This could go down to the wire

Posted

I'm never keen on snow from the SW but the models suggest I will have to change my ideas come sunday

Posted

It was around this time in January's event when the models started favouring Wales to be hardest hit, but this time after shifting South, things have shifted North again? This could go down to the wire

Radar watching springs to my mind for Friday its not set in stone yet but It looks good at this stage If It does snow I hope to god this is the last event I'm at my whits end now

Edited by Gavin.

Posted

Radar watching springs to my mind for Friday its not set in stone yet but It looks good at this stage If It does snow I hope to god this is the last event I'm at my whits end now

Lmao, well it probably won't be the last event as Ian Fergusson earlier suggested a significant snow event later next week

Posted

January's event wasn't looking this good at this short range. If this was a repeat performance I doubt many people in Newcastle would complain though, that streamer which moved in instead gave 4-6 inches of fresh snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

frozen drizzle is all i can call this snow shower

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

i cant wait to get my weather station up and running because those 2 we follow in darlo are crap, at the mo these a 2.5c difference between them for the dp, they both clearly affected by the sun aswell when its out that is

Posted

i cant wait to get my weather station up and running because those 2 we follow in darlo are crap, at the mo these a 2.5c difference between them for the dp, they both clearly affected by the sun aswell when its out that is

Yeah there useless the two we have atm they rubbish when its cloudy and (blank) when its sunny, has it arrived yet or are you still awaiting delivery?

GFS remains keen to warm things up from the 29th in the SW at first before spreading UK wide just in time for Easter

gfs-1-216.png?12prectypeuktopo.pngukmaxtemp.png

gfs-1-240.png?12prectypeuktopo.pngukmaxtemp.png

The mild, cloudy and at times wet theme continues through the Easter weekend and into April with temperatures around where they should be double figures those temperature charts only go to 12 noon so add around 2 or 3c on to those to get a rough estimate for the afternoon peak

Edited by Gavin.

Posted

Yeah there useless the two we have atm they rubbish when its cloudy and (blank) when its sunny, has it arrived yet or are you still awaiting delivery?

GFS remains keen to warm things up from the 29th in the SW at first before spreading UK wide just in time for Easter

The mild, cloudy and at times wet theme continues through the Easter weekend and into April with temperatures around where they should be double figures those temperature charts only go to 12 noon so add around 2 or 3c on to those to get a rough estimate for the afternoon peak

not yet i wasnt gunna pay a fortune for del so just got it on a standard del which can take 30 days it rarely takes that long tho,,,,,, lol you clutching at straws again there

Posted

That's way out in the low resolution part of the run though, it still looks mighty cold for the foreseeable future.

Posted

Interestingly, the MO haven't updated their regional forecast which they usually do so around this time

Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

Snow for many during Friday, especially over the Pennines then wintry showers over the weekend with frost and icy conditions. Very cold in strong easterly winds.

Issued at: 1600 on Wed 20 Mar 2013

not yet i wasnt gunna pay a fortune for del so just got it on a standard del which can take 30 days it rarely takes that long tho,,,,,, lol you clutching at straws again there

Ah, yeah I've had many orders on free p&p from Amazon and they've been here with in a week

lol theirs gonna be lots of this over the coming days

fat-straws.jpg

Edited by Gavin.