Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 09/03/13 21z---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

MO now showing snow for Teesside on Friday night and Saturday day and night, is this from the front?

Yep :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

YIPEEE

Friday evening into Saturday looks to be our time for the snow it could be earlier all depends on how quick the front moves over

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

One thing is certain - the models will change before the event. It normally a downgrade - lets hope not this time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Friday evening into Saturday looks to be our time for the snow it could be earlier all depends on how quick the front moves over

saying that tho they still isnt a warning in place for teesside

Posted

I will be seriously gutted if I don't even make it to Keswick on Friday evening!

Posted

saying that tho they still isnt a warning in place for teesside

Yes just saw that seems like Darlo roughly the most eastern point it goes I wish they had the old style warning map where you could zoom In unlike this new updated version

I've also notice that Stockton is on the warnings page for Local Authorities affected and associated warning levels but when you go to Stockton's weather they haven't got a warning - http://www.metoffice...Time=1363910400

Correct me if I'm wrong but there isn't any high ground near Stockton is there?

Edited by Gavin.

Posted

I will be seriously gutted if I don't even make it to Keswick on Friday evening!

I could be travelling to the lakes through the front on Friday Daytime uhoh!

Yep the Lakes should do well providing it doesn't shift further south so far so good from GFS

I don't quite believe my luck lmao!

Posted

Where in the Lakes are you going? I always find Grasmere and Ambleside to be far snowier than Keswick in marginal situations, although this weekend doesn't look that marginal.

Posted

Where in the Lakes are you going? I always find Grasmere and Ambleside to be far snowier than Keswick in marginal situations, although this weekend doesn't look that marginal.

Bowness, like literally next to Lake Windermere

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

im still learning to read charts but looking at the ecm am i right in thinking the snow line is further south and wont reach our region

ECM1-48.GIF?20-0ECM1-72.GIF?20-0

Edited by Boro Snow

Posted

Bowness, like literally next to Lake Windermere

Ah, I haven't been there for quite a while. Nice town, but watch out for the swans, they are quite forceful when they get their eye on whatever food you're holding!

Posted

Very light snow here after heavier hail. Temp 1c. Shower activity could go either way atm

Posted

im still learning to read charts but looking at the ecm am i right in thinking the snow line is further south and wont reach our region

ECM1-48.GIF?20-0ECM1-72.GIF?20-0

I agree with you Lee looks slightly further south to me

Posted

The ECM looks good to me, similar to the GFS. I can't see the North East staying dry as the wind will be a Ely or SEly ahead of the front, and this will pep up the precipitation to the east of the Pennines if it decays as it crosses them.

It has actually snowing here this evening, the grass is slightly white now.

Posted

Constant light snow/hail here at the moment.Grass has stayed covered all day,roads and pavements are steadily becoming

white again.

Must say the roads were very poor around here first thing this morning considering the small amount

of snow that fell overnight.

Posted

Bases on this evening forecasts, south lakes looks primed to receive heavy snow, alignment of the front and the fact the heaviest precip will be on the nw flank of the run is perfect for this area. Could rival the 25 jan as best snowfall of the season, and unlike then we wont see such a rapid thaw, thanks to cloudier and colder conditions digging in behind. Recent years have delivered similiar late season heavy snow to scotland and n ireland, think 2010 or 2011 delivered over à foot to many parts, not too unusual for late march, but the extent of the cold pool to the ne really is quite exeptional for time of year.

Posted

some significant shower activity is now showing on the 20.15 radar, which would hit our region in about 3 hours (unless its another radar error). in a slack flow off the n.sea such as this its impossible to predict in detail shower activity.......bbc says no showers.....

Edited by Freezing-Point

Posted

just from ian ferguson on the mod thread......................UKMO actively considering amber upgrades tomorrow am: firstly for snow (GM has 30+mm rain equivalent much of Central Midlands into NE: severe drifting & power line accretion a real hazard) and also for heavy rain in areas under the higher Theta-W air. Snowfall accumulations to t+84 look untroubling effectively south of Brum (a lIttle on UKV about as far south as Cotswolds etc) but potentially awful further north if this verifies

Edited by Boro Snow