Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 11th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Gritted roads here in Hastings getting covered rapidly in moderate 'blizzard' stgle snow,nearly two inchs on high ground,pushing an inch on the beach. Awesome stuff. :-)

Yes the last hour or so has been fun and about ten minutes ago it went a bit crazy!

It has suddenly seemed brighter and for the first time since I first saw snow falling in the early hours when I had a quick look through the blinds, it has nearly stopped snowing and the visibility has cleared.

Edit: service is resumedbiggrin.png

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Had some lovely big flakes in southwark for a while but not settling. Nice to see though.

Nothing at home in Hatfield...shame

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Oh how to be unlucky in a set up like this, persistent snow showers to the NE of here and some SE of here, coming from the north sea. We are in the dry zone and the sun is out.. While 100 miles to the SE some peristent snow from the channel snow-storm skirting the south coast..

Unlucky?!! Look at those snow depths on your post i think Oxfordshire has had more than enough other than one decent snowfall all we've had is slushy deposits all winter-its others turn Mr

Edited by Kentspur

Posted

it does seem to be a waste of time for these showers and us looking out of window etc.. cuz its just not settling enough to make it that more worth while, moment the shower stops theres nothing lying.. all gone, pity!! oh well back to the normal life. come on warmer weather blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Unlucky?!! Look at those snow depths on your post i think Oxfordshire has had more than enough other than one decent snowfall all we've had is slushy deposits all winter-its others turn Mr

If you look at what i actually put... i put in this set-up, i am the 1st to put my hand up and admit we have seen more than others this winter and i said good luck to all yesterday...

Posted

yes yes proper mental

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

snow still going strong and drifting up against my front door, which faces directly eastcold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

Very impressive out there at the moment, but as other people have been saying, once it stops there isn't much to show for it. Need it to be like ths for a good couple of hours. Still great to see though!

Posted

Finally snowing heavily in Stevenage. Radar is a tad inaccurate, shows nothing within 20 miles so take with a pinch of salt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Pepped up again here. Guessing a good couple of cms on the grass. Would be nice to see other surfaces covered but guessing might need to wait till later afternoon/evening for that. Is the front still progged to produce heavier stuff later?

Posted

'Best' is yet to come, but the Channel stuff looks like it's going to barely scrape land:

post-6667-0-30050300-1363002653_thumb.pn

Posted

I do think though it will need the heavier totals later to settle properly, unfortunatly for here thats overnight, mind you there is plenty of this streamer to come this afternoon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Really good to see some heavy snow showers going through Essex,London!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

load of crap here in Burgess Hill :(

Posted
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: Continental:Warm dry summers, cold snowy winters
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom

If the main front doesn't reach us, it looks like we could still see some pre-frontal covective snowfall with streamers to boot. will be interesting how things go later on as that front pushes north

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I do think though it will need the heavier totals later to settle properly, unfortunatly for here thats overnight, mind you there is plenty of this streamer to come this afternoon

Do you think it will wake up soon, this one is so light, or it might just be my location, the lowest part of croydon.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

'Best' is yet to come, but the Channel stuff looks like it's going to barely scrape land:

post-6667-0-30050300-1363002653_thumb.pn

Robin if you look over the last few frames of the radar, I think things are about to start here in BH. There is back building from Ashford to Crowbrough and further west along that line. As Boar says - it is the afternoon where non streamer snow activity really gets going and I have just seen the first signs. Best timeframe should be between 15Z and 00Z.

Pity the temp has just crept above zero!

Posted

load of crap here in Burgess Hill sad.png

and that's the same when it's not snowing too!! :lol: The wind has really got up now, windchill is -6.7°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy frosty weather Cool Sunny Summers

Heaviest of the day bigger flakes, settling on grass and trees not the roads though.

Edited by davidhampshir

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

and that's the same when it's not snowing too!! laugh.png The wind has really got up now, windchill is -6.7°C

OI, watch it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

Another really heavy snow shower! This is magic! Wind is bone chilling!

Posted

Robin if you look over the last few frames of the radar, I think things are about to start here in BH. There is back building from Ashford to Crowbrough and further west along that line. As Boar says - it is the afternoon where non streamer snow activity really gets going and I have just seen the first signs. Best timeframe should be between 15Z and 00Z.

Pity the temp has just crept above zero!

good.gif I'm just working out if I want to go cycling around the Industrial Estate at lunchtime!! laugh.png

OI, watch it!

rofl.gif I mean here at work!!

Edited by Coast

Posted

If the main front doesn't reach us, it looks like we could still see some pre-frontal covective snowfall with streamers to boot. will be interesting how things go later on as that front pushes north

Looking at 06z 0.5 GFS seems about 6pm onwards until early hours our locations might see some heavier PPN.