Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 11th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Has anybody got more than an inch of lying snow?

ME ME ME I DO!!! I got TWO (At least) in fact. hard to tell coz of wind. In some places I have 4 inches or more but thats a drift

Posted

Looks to me that heavier precip on radar is starting to edge closer to brighton and south coast...

Posted

so whats the story for this pm. met office says it wont spread into the morning so today is our only shot of being snowed in. is the low still headed for my house?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

no laying snow here just evil evil wind!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

I feel quite lucky today I must admit, there is a snow shower train right out too the NE of me, out in the North sea on the current raintoday.co.uk radar, and it's heading my way! **NICE**

Posted

Do you think it will wake up soon, this one is so light, or it might just be my location, the lowest part of croydon.

I think most locations are supposed to see steadier spells late afternoon early evening, then overnight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

ME ME ME I DO!!! I got TWO (At least) in fact. hard to tell coz of wind. In some places I have 4 inches or more but thats a drift

Drifts don't count :) but sounds you are one of the lucky one's!!, not expecting much here very infrequent showers and mainly graupel!

Posted

If the main front doesn't reach us, it looks like we could still see some pre-frontal covective snowfall with streamers to boot. will be interesting how things go later on as that front pushes north

Indeed

Latest high resolution modelling very keen to bring that precipitation inland across Kent/Sussex this evening, with the streamer feature running to the north of this (which has been well modelled by the German and Belgian/Dutch WRF models for the last 24 hours). Things looks to be well established by around 9pm:

post-1038-0-28456300-1363003335_thumb.pnRR6h_eu.png

Interestingly, a strong signal for snow showers into East Anglia overnight tomorrow too:

post-1038-0-62034100-1363003445_thumb.pnRR6h_eu.png

So hopefully, everybody gets a turn

Could get quite tricky later for the SE corner, modelled totals by morning of around 5-10cms

SNOW_eu.png

Heaviest of the snowfall rates occurring around 7-8pm:

post-1038-0-37010200-1363003730_thumb.pn

Around 2-4cms per hour indicated by the darker blue, so anybody leaving the office late, beware!

SK

Edited by snowking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Ok, this is the heaviest snow yet atm. This is mental for nearly the middle of March and the snow is still powdery as well. Drifting and blowing off the rooftopsohmy.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme!

Bright day with the sun trying to come out, would be a nice day here if it wasn't for the cold and strong wind and absolutely no snow!

Posted

Are you saying Medway aren't due anymore today or tonight Steve? Or is the wind going to change direction again? Sorry, bit confused! My rain alarm keeps going off but nothing here for a while now. Still very breezy and dull out there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Just as we have finally had heavy snow for about 5mins it has stopped again!!Temp has dropped to Minus 0.6 but nothing really settled which is bizarre!!Probably wind blowing it about so much.Just saw Stav on BBC24 and it looks like best bet for snow is between 6pm this evening till about 10am tomorrow(this seems to be for Kent,Sussex and South Essex-maybe upto 8cms for some)On the Beeb graphics it looked like frontal snow has moved about 15-20miles Northwards compared to forecast about 7am but it might be my eyes playing up!!Jersey seems to be getting battered-airport shut etc and looks like they have another 12-18 hrs snowfall!!-Lucky Bu--ers!!

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Yes heavier snow now and temp back below zero. Wind really picked up - still biking it Robin!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Heaviest burst of the day so far here. Decent covering on the grass now and looks encouraging for later on.

Posted

Most impressive shower of the day, Whiteout Conditions and almost Blizzard like in the gusts

On its way stopping at Basildon, Benfleet, Dartford with Love!

Posted

Heaviest burst of the day so far here. Decent covering on the grass now and looks encouraging for later on.

It's blowing upwards outside my office window now!!!!

Posted

Still light to heavy snow/graupel showers moving through the Southend area. Not really settling at all, except for grassy areas and walls etc. Bit of a shame really, but guess that was to be expected in March!

Hoping for some fun and games after dark, when it maybe able to settle better.

Nice to watch snow falling though!

Edited by Shrimper