Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 11th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

snowing again in central london after an hour's lull. i'm just enjoying watching the late winter's snowfall as I'm sure it won't amount to anything and even those areas that are getting a pasting the cover will soon melt unless the snow keeps going as the sun is too strong now when it makes an appearance even though it is bitterly cold out there. Shame all this didn't happen way back in January. A lot of good it is once we are in Spring.

Posted

I don't think the sun coming out for a while would actually be a bad thing and should be a positive for convection later as we know that low will move ever so slightly further north.

I'm all over the place atm working and now heading towards feltham and it looks as if over that way it is very dark so it will be intresting to see what happens when i arrive shortly.

Do agree with you re the sun & convection.

Posted

Had some very heavy bursts of snow here in Bexleyheath - almost blizzard like conditions in the wind. Not actually making much of an impact of settling - are dew points too high?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Cloudy, Warm (Not Hot) Winter: Thundersnow

Wow, true blizzard atm

Yep, blizzard here too!

Posted

this is all very dissapointing so far, started off looking promising this morning and then since about 9am its gone very quiet and the sun almost came out! hoping for something a bit better later that is for sure, what did fall and initially settle seems to have melted somehow, even though the temp is -0.3oc , not sure how that happens?

-0.3?? What are you measuring that with? Seems a bit on the cold side. 1/2 a mile from you it's not been sub zero for hours, even got to 1.7 but falling again now.

http://www.halling-weather.co.uk/wxtrends.php

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Hi all, What time if the day will the sun weaken sufficiently for snow to start settling?

Posted

Had some very heavy bursts of snow here in Bexleyheath - almost blizzard like conditions in the wind. Not actually making much of an impact of settling - are dew points too high?

Ground temperature probably, it's not had long enough in this cold air and is still relatively warm.

Rdtlmett.gif

Rdtlmetd.gif

Posted

Yipeeeee it's snowing again!!!! Only light but still snow :) :)

Actually it's probably flakes blowing off the roof!

Edited by Stevieray1

Posted

There's a heavy shower going over Gorleston by the looks of it now. Just very light here and the sun has gone in.

Very sunny and bright here. Off work today so I will be driving to Gorleston after lunch with the missus for a walk along the beach. Should be quite bracing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Not snowed for a while here.so much has fell but you wouldn't think so looking at the ground.normally with showers that intense it covers the road.so is this channel stuff just going east or is it going north or south aswell I just can't tell?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Pretty heavy snow here in Croydon too, not settling though, dont you just hate the UHI effect!

Prefer semi-skimmed myself.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Heavy snow here in Petts Wood/Locksbottom borders and temp dropped to Minus 0.9(from minus0.6 in about 5mins).Icicles forming on undercarriage of cars which is pretty amazing in March(would show you but not too hot on PC stuff!!).Really think later this afternoon things could get very interesting.Last night i felt it would be just coastal strip of Hampshire,Sussex and Kent would feel effects of LPS currently hitting CIs and Northern France.Now it seems Thames Streamer is ramping up(Well done SM on that one!!-Never hear Beeb ever mentioning that possibility),now it seems that LPS has moved further North and along with Thames Streamer quite a section of Sussex,Kent and South Essex could get a few surprises this evening and tonight-More lampost watching for some!!As is often the case with snowfall it is a case of Nowcasting as things crop up at very short notice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Very sunny and bright here. Off work today so I will be driving to Gorleston after lunch with the missus for a walk along the beach. Should be quite bracing.

Good luck with that. Going to be bitter out there.

Posted

Dover down to Brighton must have a good covering now surely?!

It has been snowing there all morning?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Tempurature definately dropping in orpington , snow laying on wet roads for longer snd longer before it melts , 11/2 inches on grass , but we need temp to keep dropping so it settles on roads . Exicting stuff though !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Pretty heavy snow here in Croydon too, not settling though, dont you just hate the UHI effect!

Prefer semi-skimmed myself.

Regards,

Tom.

Btw Jan, its been noted that your opponent is moving around the region to find greatest snow depths, wouldnt do that in Bromley, would we!nonono.gif

He might forget to measure anyway, as he's doing a spot of clay-pigeon shooting later. Pfft, the life these country folk lead!

Sorry Tom, only joking.

Regards,

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Streamer has moved slightly south towards the the A2 M2 Junction-

DA's look to be a lull

S

No action of note here yet steve,tho the fingers remain crossed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Dover down to Brighton must have a good covering now surely?!

It has been snowing there all morning?

it hasn't stopped snowing here in Brighton but it really isn't sticking ,pavements and roads are clear but on my garden table there is an inch of snow :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Wow, jersey realy getting the cream(pub intended) must be constant whiteout blizzard conditions..*looks on in envy*.