Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 11th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow . . . . and lots of it

i am loving the way that the raintoday radar is predicting that the channel system is going to head north into the southern north sea to merge with the area of convection resulting in shower/snow heading SW - there could be some serious snow in Essex/Kent later this evening and overnight :) :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

well weve had a fair bit of snow today but hardy any has laid or if it has it has melted.... why has it melted when my ws has stayed below zero well (o.1c) all day so far....

Posted

i am loving the way that the raintoday radar is predicting that the channel system is going to head north into the southern north sea to merge with the area of convection resulting in shower/snow heading SW - there could be some serious snow in Essex/Kent later this evening and overnight :) :)

BRING IT ON!!!!

Posted

Well today has been the best day all winter (Spring?) for intensity of snow showers.

Some real beefy Blizzard/Grizzard like conditions at times.

Just a shame we have very little to show for it in terms of actual accumulations. If this were Jan we would have a lovely covering by now. Such a shame the best snow showers of the season had to come on 11th March!

Posted

Hastings update. Full on blizzard,drifting snow in gale gusts.A max temp of -1c. Two inches in town.Total white out conditions,road and rail mayhem!

reports from ESCC that drifting on The Ridge is causing big problems and they've decided to send out a gritter with a snow plough to deal with it. Know doubt it left Lewes not long ago but the drivers shift is about to come to an end and so will be returning to basesorry.gif

Posted

reports from ESCC that drifting on The Ridge is causing big problems and they've decided to send out a gritter with a snow plough to deal with it. Know doubt it left Lewes not long ago but the drivers shift is about to come to an end and so will be returning to basesorry.gif

They might come in from Polegate if they haven't got one ready in Hastings?

Edited by Coast

Posted

Is it:

a ) Going to stop me from getting home and

b ) Going to stop me getting back into work tomorrow?

I need one no and one yes please!!

the biggest problem i can see is the snow that is melting or has melted is freezing in places but apart from that roads are clear etc and have seen 2 gritters going past this morning. but it is still snowing! and is looking interesting for this evening aswell!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

i am loving the way that the raintoday radar is predicting that the channel system is going to head north into the southern north sea to merge with the area of convection resulting in shower/snow heading SW - there could be some serious snow in Essex/Kent later this evening and overnight smile.pngsmile.png

Sauce? I take it thats on the sub`d version? :)

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Thicker snow here now. Blowing off the roofs. May actually stick iff it continues.

Posted

Genuinely could not make it up

post-7073-0-76569500-1363012873_thumb.pn

your time will come ;)

Posted

Yes. We are all white very quickly. You getting this Coast?

Posted

Yes. We are all white very quickly. You getting this Coast?

Sorry, too busy looking out of the window at the blizzard!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny or Cold and snowy

Just back from Monday morning golf. Not too bad with the sunnier periods but b****y cold in the exposed parts of the course with that wind!

Not really expecting anything here at all this week bar the odd flurry like today.

Posted

Can anyone give a update on the bbc & meto forecast laster on this evening and tonight for west & sw of London as i am yet again working outside.

Thanks in advance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Had some heavy snow showers here today but nothing laying, surfaces are very dry actually. Wind very strong!

Posted

Hello everybody, first time post so forgive me if it's a daft question - supposed to be driving from Rochester to Stratford this afternoon for work - good idea or not? Many thanks!

Posted

Amazing how a little bit of heavy snow drags down the temp. Now -1.1ºC with the dew point rising - the atmosphere will hold more moisture - great.

The Estuary has really filled up today- as the squeeze from the north sinks south & the push North from the channel low exerts an influence- so its all funneling down into our area-

Lots more snow to come & pushing inland as the instability increases

S

Posted

Sauce? I take it thats on the sub`d version? smile.png

rain today premium - predictive PPN indicates that there could be some fun and games later on :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Can anyone give a update on the bbc & meto forecast laster on this evening and tonight for west & sw of London as i am yet again working outside.

Thanks in advance.

Latest says light snow showers at most, clear spells and cold (-3) with a strong wind. Not the best night to be outside!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Genuinely could not make it up

post-7073-0-76569500-1363012873_thumb.pn

Don't worry,i am in the other white space to the NW of you!!Think you will be ok later this evening as i think you will get a good covering from 6pm onwards.Patience is a virtue my old son!!Keep the faith and all good things come to those who wait!!good.gif