Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 11th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

BBC local graphics seem to increase chances of significant snow over London tonight. Far from convinced!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Off for a walk down the seafront. Should be fun. Look at the dry zone stretching between north east Norfolk and the South West now. Gutted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

If anything Bitter wind has got stronger.Snow has stopped here in Petts Wood/Locksbottom borders and temp risen to Minus 0.1 in last 15mins.Sky is lighter,almost bright.Hope this is just a lull before main action starts later this afternoon(Biggest potential is from 6pm tonight tll about 10am tomorrow)BBC London forecast 2-4cms for rural parts of Kent,Sussex-Think that maybe underestimating it a bit as think totals will be between 4-7cms.We shall see!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

On rain today over last few frames, looks like main band starting to move north a bit more now ? or is it just me....

I think you are right. An hour ago heavy precipitation was definately mid channel but is now scraping beachy head and dungeness. Painfully slow but as the low heads east we should be in the firing line. How far north it will go is still up for debate but the line between convective showers and frontal precipitation is definately beginning to blur on radar here in Ashford.

Posted

I whimped out at lunchtime and walked around the industrial estate instead. :winky: The most noticeable weather out there currently is the very gusty wind and freezing windchill. A few flakes on and off but it's really taking it's time to get going, that front in The Channel is about as timely as Justin Bieber at the O2........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

coming down heavy again here in East Grinstead.

It will be interesting is METO are right and the heavy stuff comes in here over night, with the sun away and less cars moving around I could see some decent depth.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Drips off shed roof now icicles instead.coming down again as I type,just settle for goodness sake!

Hope it snows when kids come out they will love it!

Edited by Floatylight

Posted

Cant wait till later, more chance of laying, few showers, amounting to 0. What time onwards will it be better for laying? Will I even see any?

Posted

Last 45 mins or so has been very quiet in Basildon - barely a 2/10.

Has been heavy on and off all morning till now.... though nothing has settled on cars/pavements - just a dusting on the grass

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

coming down heavy again here in East Grinstead.

It will be interesting is METO are right and the heavy stuff comes in here over night, with the sun away and less cars moving around I could see some decent depth.

They have me as heavy snow from 9 pm all night?I can't see it ATM.

Posted

heavy snow here!

snow is not settling on the roads or pavement.

Same here,no lying snow on roads or pavements but gardens and trees have a cover,and snow is building up on window sills,yet temp has never been above freezing!

Posted

Drips off shed roof now icicles instead.

Yep, noticed that on many surfaces lunchtime, bitterly cold:

post-6667-0-80280100-1363009893_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-06333500-1363009888_thumb.jp

Posted

Cant wait till later, more chance of laying, few showers, amounting to 0. What time onwards will it be better for laying? Will I even see any?

Is it not laying at all over your way?

Edited by lottiekent

Posted

Heaviest shower of the day passing through now. 20p/50p flakes blowing horizontally!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

You couldn't make this stuff up..... and it's bright again. Look away for five mins and it turns so quickly. Albeit very short lived, this has been more interesting then the previous snow events this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

had non stop moderate snow with bursts of heavy since before i woke at 6am... but owing to wind it doesnt look as deep as you would think

Posted

had non stop moderate snow with bursts of heavy since before i woke at 6am... but owing to wind it doesnt look as deep as you would think

Snap! Radar looks good though, just need the heavier stuff to get a little further north :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

I've heard reports that the Sussex snow barrer is smoking and about to brake down, it's all thats stopping us get snow :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

And here we go again wow that wind is evil!

Total whiteout in Bromley........everything covered in 5 minutes...heaviest of the day