Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 16/3/13 16z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Right, bring on summer!!! This is rubbish!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

I've been on to the highways agency to get their workman out to work and to rename the A303 the M4...that way if the snow hits just north of the M4 corridor then plenty of us should see some snow! crazy.gif

I might just scrape it being about 5 miles north of the A303, probably slightly less as the crow flies biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Just got a text from hubby, he's just driven to work in Shepton Mallet, the drive takes him up and over the top of the Mendips and apparently it's snowing up on the top of the hills. The hill tops are roughly 250m ish so a little higher than here (200m) but I'm still surprised it's snow.

Mullender - anything in your garden before you went to work?

I might be in trouble later unless it turns back to rain soon. I have a friend in Shepton who calls me the weather witch biggrin.png and she asked me yesterday what the weather would do today and I said rain. She will now doubt my powers laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Gets my vote.

Building a large allotment/kitchen garden for a customer and it's now march21 and not 1 single seed sown.

Looks like april at the earliest now before we get any warmth.

Just as the ground was becoming plantable,here comes another dollup of rain to turn it to mud again.diablo.gif

Posted

Yes please but not a summer like last year! Absolutely miserable and depressing out there, now up to 3.7c with sodding cold rain. The radar shows us being under sleet but that is pure rain out there. It is enough to flatten anyone’s mood seeing how much is still to come on the radar

Just got a text from hubby, he's just driven to work in Shepton Mallet, the drive takes him up and over the top of the Mendips and apparently it's snowing up on the top of the hills. The hill tops are roughly 250m ish so a little higher than here (200m) but I'm still surprised it's snow.

The precip has just reached here and it's sleeting a bit. Will probably turn all to rain soon though.

Some wet flakes mixed in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Sadly I left too early but I had a text to say there was some light wet snow falling. I'll never see it though being in bristol which is currently rain with a touch of sleet mixed in and bitter cold.

Do we have any light at the end of tunnel snow or warm either way or are we doomed to cold rain later into the week also?

Posted

According to 00Z ECM South Oxfordshire can expect between 8 - 17 cms of snow Friday night into Saturday. I shall believe it when i see it.

Edited by No balls like Snow Balls

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

I can confirm snow on the hills Jethro. First rain, then sleet, then heavy snow, back to sleet now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

So even the south east is now forecast to get in on the snow action during the weekend, just the south west /west County missing out again, anyone would think the weather gods don't like us lol

As others have said, roll on summer and hopefully plenty of storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I can confirm snow on the hills Jethro. First rain, then sleet, then heavy snow, back to sleet now.

yep T850's are around 0C over Dartmoor now and rising, that'll explain the snow to sleet and soon to rain transition......Up here in North Wilts, ppn is around 30 miles to my south west....T850's around -5C and rising...dewpoints hovering around 0C but will rise soon as ppn passes through the area.....might start as wet snow here but will quickly turn to rain for the rest of the day and into tomorrow....the big question being can north Wilts/Gloucs & Berks tap into the colder air as it slides southwards tomorrow night and grab some snow?....touch and go!

Posted

Oh no! I went into the model thread I knew I shouldnt but....they are talking about putting amber alerts out for them up there and even talk of 75cm of snow for themsorry.gif Oh but hey we get our own amber alert too.....for rain....I want to crycray.gif

Posted

So even the south east is now forecast to get in on the snow action during the weekend, just the south west /west County missing out again, anyone would think the weather gods don't like us lol

As others have said, roll on summer and hopefully plenty of storms.

Your having a laugh! Storms are more rare than snow in west country! Have a look at met office maps and you can see! I have not seen a real storm here in 10 years! One or two rumbles and flashes but no crash bang wallop seconds apart with near daylight conditions at night from the constant lightning!

Last real big storm I saw in uk for about 17 years ago when I lived in high wycombe in south east.

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

yep T850's are around 0C over Dartmoor now and rising, that'll explain the snow to sleet and soon to rain transition......Up here in North Wilts, ppn is around 30 miles to my south west....T850's around -5C and rising...dewpoints hovering around 0C but will rise soon as ppn passes through the area.....might start as wet snow here but will quickly turn to rain for the rest of the day and into tomorrow....the big question being can north Wilts/Gloucs & Berks tap into the colder air as it slides southwards tomorrow night and grab some snow?....touch and go!

I see, thanks for the info AJ.

Posted

Ian Fergusson â€@fergieweather4m

W COUNTRY Wet & windy conditions continue overnight and effectively through Friday; possibility of change to snow in N/NE areas later Fri...

We live in hope... clapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

Alarming rain totals progged for S/W

If it had all come down as snow...

A train ticket up north is very tempting, but may get stranded help.gifrofl.gif

Posted

Can anyone help me. I live in north glos. Does anyone know if there is a chance of snow late fri and sat.thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I'm going up to Tamworth tomorrow after work for a long weekend now. Going to take the little one to Thomas Land at Drayton Manor.

Little does the missus know the real reason why I've decided on the trip. lol.

If the snow isn't coming to us, then I'm going to the snow.

Posted

I'm going up to Tamworth tomorrow after work for a long weekend now. Going to take the little one to Thomas Land at Drayton Manor.

Little does the missus know the real reason why I've decided on the trip. lol.

If the snow isn't coming to us, then I'm going to the snow.

I'd probably drive up north if I didn't have work. Just seen this from mod thread and I nearly choked!

Whole country except for us please tell me that snowline is tracking west also...

post-8911-0-98560000-1363862778_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I'd probably drive up north if I didn't have work. Just seen this from mod thread and I nearly choked!

Whole country except for us please tell me that snowline is tracking west.....

And South Wales too! :p :p

It's forecast to stall then head SE but weakening as it does so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Well, its a thoroughly wet January like day here. Windy with rain blowing in the face and occasionally heavy bursts. Looks like home may see a fair bit of snow tomorrow and Saturday. Might see a little bit of remnant snow on my train journey home to Stourbridge for Easter next Tuesday if it remains cold enough which it looks like it just might.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 4 seasons please

Anyone tempted to not look at any model output and just wait and see what falls from the sky?! Gut feeling is that we really are in for a battering of rain, prepare for the worst and if by some miracle it does turn to snow then it'll be twice as exciting!!! pleasantry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

According to 00Z ECM South Oxfordshire can expect between 8 - 17 cms of snow Friday night into Saturday. I shall believe it when i see it.

I have to admit that amount does sound abit OTT. It will have been rain beforehand, though ISP expect it to turn to snow through early hours of Saturday morning. Just done a post in mod thread discussing this. I'm expecting 5cm :-)