Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 16/3/13 16z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A Weather Watch issued for Cornwall on behalf of Cornwall & Channel Islands Weather for up to 50mm of Rain. A warning may be issued later.

http://cornwallweather.moonfruit.com/#/warnings/4573724904

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

After seemingly missing out on all the decent snow events - My fingers are firmly crossed the Midlands North end up with a cloudy summer and we end up with the real deal! diablo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

And South Wales too! blum.gifblum.gif

It's forecast to stall then head SE but weakening as it does so.

So we need it to stall another 50 miles southwest to bring alot of our region into action... Is that too much to ask?

If we don't see anything I suppose there is next week but we are really on borrowed time regarding decent snow and need to get lucky soon! good.gif

I am sure the mod thread will have just as much of a buzz if the west country was forecast a blizzard.. acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

After seemingly missing out on all the decent snow events - My fingers are firmly crossed the Midlands North end up with a cloudy summer and we end up with the real deal! diablo.gif

Charming! :lol: We all know how pants Bristol is for Thunderstorms whilst we had El Brumo the multicell/supercell last year. Haha. :D

Posted

GFS latest run saying snow in our region and lots of rain for you guys. Either way, a very interesting and potentially extreme weekend coming up for many, rain being a particular worry in the SW but who knows what we will get next door!!

543ca19952be50e46ee7a0c127761fef.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 4 seasons please

So we need it to stall another 50 miles southwest to bring alot of our region into action... Is that too much to ask?

If we don't see anything I suppose there is next week but we are really on borrowed time regarding decent snow and need to get lucky soon! good.gif

I am sure the mod thread will have just as much of a buzz if the west country was forecast a blizzard.. acute.gif

Hang on, it was last week, and then the French and the South East nicked it!!!!! We wuz robbed!!! diablo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Now, I know weather will be weather. But does anyone else get a little depressed when you see the snowfall accumulations map that the GFS has forecast??!! It literally cuts a snow line right at the start of the southwest!! Now this wouldn't be so bad if we were forecast to be dry and I wasn't having to cut up all the wood in my house to build a boat, however we are just going to get very, very wet!!

So to cheer me up, did I hear something about the possibility of a channel low next week or is that just wishful thinking??

Posted

Charming! laugh.png We all know how pants Bristol is for Thunderstorms whilst we had El Brumo the multicell/supercell last year. Haha. biggrin.png

Ha ha rub it in why dont you cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Charming! laugh.png We all know how pants Bristol is for Thunderstorms whilst we had El Brumo the multicell/supercell last year. Haha. biggrin.png

Yep, El Brumo â„¢ was quite spectacular, for me and you an elevated monster.....however, I've been reading the tea leaves and after much communion with the 'other side' as such like, I can now announce that the summer of 2013 will be the summer of El Bristolio!!!

Posted

GFS latest run saying snow in our region and lots of rain for you guys. Either way, a very interesting and potentially extreme weekend coming up for many, rain being a particular worry in the SW but who knows what we will get next door!!

543ca19952be50e46ee7a0c127761fef.gif

Then go back next door and take your snow with you!! Haha!! Just kidding.... hope you get lucky mate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Alarming rain totals progged for S/W

If it had all come down as snow...

A train ticket up north is very tempting, but may get stranded help.gifrofl.gif

Nah I wouldn't go up North, there be funny people up there tease.gif

Posted

Yep, El Brumo â„¢ was quite spectacular, for me and you an elevated monster.....however, I've been reading the tea leaves and after much communion with the 'other side' as such like, I can now announce that the summer of 2013 will be the summer of El Bristolio!!!

I like that! One day we will have the best weather. One day........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

In light of our "no snow" problem, you lot do keep me laughing! Keep it up, humour is the only way forward :) x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Met Office Amber warning in force. 40mm to 60mm of rain expected widely with 100mm+ over exposed southern/southeastern upslopes.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1363824000&regionName=sw

Posted

Is anyone else going to find it extremely difficult to look at the NW radar when the snow comes? I should see a doctor. lol.

Posted

In light of our "no snow" problem, you lot do keep me laughing! Keep it up, humour is the only way forward smile.png x

Ok, here goes then. A joke for you.

post-18883-0-61767900-1363865686_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Now, I know weather will be weather. But does anyone else get a little depressed when you see the snowfall accumulations map that the GFS has forecast??!! It literally cuts a snow line right at the start of the southwest!! Now this wouldn't be so bad if we were forecast to be dry and I wasn't having to cut up all the wood in my house to build a boat, however we are just going to get very, very wet!!

So to cheer me up, did I hear something about the possibility of a channel low next week or is that just wishful thinking??

You get used to it here.For once the snow line is a bit further north,most times it,s just me and my mate chris that see rain while the rest of you have snow.

EDIT Porthallow,mildest place in u.kfool.gif

Edited by cornish snow

Posted

You get used to it here.For once the snow line is a bit further north,most times it,s just me and my mate chris that see rain while the rest of you have snow.

Good point.... I feel for you lot down there. You have full permission to rub your beautiful summer in my face!! In Princetown get 6 months of wind and rain, then winter comes. I often come down to Cornwall in the summer for days out, Flambards this year me thinks!!

Edited by Beast of Dartmoor

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Good point.... I feel for you lot down there. You have full permission to rub your beautiful summer in my face!! In Princetown get 6 months of wind and rain, then winter comes. I often come down to Cornwall in the summer for days out, Flambards this year me thinks!!

If we get a beautiful summer that is.

You drive from princetown for a day out at flambards?shok.gifshok.gif

Edited by cornish snow

Posted

I like your way of thinking! girl_devil.gif

laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

#

Used to love flambards as a kid although not been there for around 18/20 years good.gif

Have we still got our channel low for mid week on track??

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Heavy snow here.

HAhahaha, only kidding.

Got my brollie and wellies ready for the rain and floods. El Glostererero

Posted

Yeah, takes a couple of hours but it is worth the journey!!

Posted

#

Used to love flambards as a kid although not been there for around 18/20 years good.gif

Have we still got our channel low for mid week on track??

Good question Mulls, anyone else know about the channel low??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Heavy snow here.

HAhahaha, only kidding.

Got my brollie and wellies ready for the rain and floods. El Glostererero

I was waiting for a picture to load of snow, before i scrolled down and saw was a joke, you had me there!

Edited by Mark Neal.