Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 16/3/13 16z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Haven't got a clue... I rely on you guys to tell me! Lol!

Edit: re. Channel low

Edited by khodds

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

After seemingly missing out on all the decent snow events - My fingers are firmly crossed the Midlands North end up with a cloudy summer and we end up with the real deal! diablo.gif

Yes and we shall build a barrier across the M4 to keep them away from our sun and beaches mwahhaahhaahaaahhaaahahahadiablo.gif

Posted

As with other reports it started as sleet in Warminster but quickly became plain old cold rain which with the strong SSE wind and temperature

of 4.2c is making for a lovely day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been on to the highways agency to get their workman out to work and to rename the A303 the M4...that way if the snow hits just north of the M4 corridor then plenty of us should see some snow! crazy.gif

Too close for marginal comfort for me, how about the M27?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Good question Mulls, anyone else know about the channel low??

I get the feeling from what I saw of Ian's comment earlier on the Mod Disc thread, that this is now not a big concern, especially south lazy.gif

That said, a nice easterly flow can always throw a surprise!! Typical really, last channel low we miss out be 100 miles south, this time we miss out by 200 miles north.

I hope we have a cracking summer and it rains from Oxford North and mid Channel south, including the French!!! diablo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

I see some very ambitious snow totals being said in a few other threads. laugh.png

Lucky beggards :(

There was mention of 75cm + in north wales!

Cant wait to go and play in the puddles here lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

I get the feeling from what I saw of Ian's comment earlier on the Mod Disc thread, that this is now not a big concern, especially south lazy.gif

That said, a nice easterly flow can always throw a surprise!! Typical really, last channel low we miss out be 100 miles south, this time we miss out by 200 miles north.

I hope we have a cracking summer and it rains from Oxford North and mid Channel south, including the French!!! diablo.gif

Good man!! I agree. I am ever the optomist and I am going to make an attempt to cheer people up!!

Living in the southwest has its great points. In the summer, we are generally the warmist in the country, people flock for our pasties and beaches. They get jealous and buy houses here so they can visit every year.

When it comes to snow, the eastern fringes 9 times out of 10 have to hope for an easterly and a front coming of from the north sea which may give them a few cm's of snow.

However, if I take you back to 1963 the southwest was widely acknowledged as the worst hit. And why was this?? Because when we get hit, we get hit hard!! Yes it is less often than the north, but we benefit from those monsterous low's coming off the atlantic, and when they mix with the cold air, boy do we get it. Telegraph hill 3 years ago rings a bell, a foot of snow in 1 hour!!

So fear not, our time will come and when it does, we shall shout about it and say IN YOUR FACE NORTH AND EAST!! tease.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Good man!! I agree. I am ever the optomist and I am going to make an attempt to cheer people up!!

Living in the southwest has its great points. In the summer, we are generally the warmist in the country, people flock for our pasties and beaches. They get jealous and buy houses here so they can visit every year.

When it comes to snow, the eastern fringes 9 times out of 10 have to hope for an easterly and a front coming of from the north sea which may give them a few cm's of snow.

However, if I take you back to 1963 the southwest was widely acknowledged as the worst hit. And why was this?? Because when we get hit, we get hit hard!! Yes it is less often than the north, but we benefit from those monsterous low's coming off the atlantic, and when they mix with the cold air, boy do we get it. Telegraph hill 3 years ago rings a bell, a foot of snow in 1 hour!!

So fear not, our time will come and when it does, we shall shout about it and say IN YOUR FACE NORTH AND EAST!! tease.gif

I read that last line as if it were a battle speech in the middle of a war, something akin to "we will fight them on the beaches..." etc. haha rofl.gif Well said! We will have our time, and when we do, all the other regions will be complaining and we will simply have to point them towards this winter as an example!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The thing that's annoying me today, is the new radar layout. It's full of bugs! It's not saving any settings, it doesn't load the radar automatically, so that means it doesn't update either.. a right pain on a day like today. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

I read that last line as if it were a battle speech in the middle of a war, something akin to "we will fight them on the beaches..." etc. haha rofl.gif Well said! We will have our time, and when we do, all the other regions will be complaining and we will simply have to point them towards this winter as an example!

Haha!! I did go a bit "Churchill" then!! And we will fight them on the beaches, because we have most of them here!!

And yes, we will point them to this moment when they start complaining. I always notice firstly, how quite the MOD thread is when it is a southwest event, and secondly, other than the great posters we have in this thread brave enough to post in the MOD thread, nobody in there seems to acknowledge that we even exist!! I think that if they ventured down the M4 and then M5 they would expect to see some sand and water on one side where the hard shoulder should be and be utterly shocked when there was actually land there!! wallbash.gif

Sorry, rant over. Im just glad we have Fergie and all the other knowledgable people that post in here!!

Edited by Beast of Dartmoor

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

The thing that's annoying me today, is the new radar layout. It's full of bugs! It's not saving any settings, it doesn't load the radar automatically, so that means it doesn't update either.. a right pain on a day like today. sad.png

I agree with that, the new radar is anoying and doesn't save postcode or load properly! I liked the old one aggressive.gif Not that I will need to use it now for the precipitaion types mega_shok.gif Outlook doesnt seem great on met office and no mention of anything wintry over next few days for us westys it might as well be a wet autumn day. cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 4 seasons please

Ooh, Gloucestershire has just snuck into the yellow warning for snow on Saturday!!! Won't hold my breath though!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

I agree with that, the new radar is anoying and doesn't save postcode or load properly! I liked the old one aggressive.gif Not that I will need to use it now for the precipitaion types mega_shok.gif Outlook doesnt seem great on met office and no mention of anything wintry over next few days for us westys it might as well be a wet autumn day. cray.gif

Spring - the new autumn... unsure.png

Posted

I use the Meteo Group Radar, brilliant tool for my iPhone (*other hand held devices are available), think it cost me a £5'er. worth every penny. Sorry Mods

Posted

Not having any radar issues here on a laptop so are you guys using phones? My postcode has transferred from the original and

I prefer the zoom showing the wider area.

This initial front has barely moved NE in the last few hours, precip seems to be sliding along it rather than advancing.

Posted

Not having any radar issues here on a laptop so are you guys using phones? My postcode has transferred from the original and

This initial front has barely moved NE in the last few hours, precip seems to be sliding along it rather than advancing.

Copy and paste that into the Mod Thread, go on i dare yuh!!! rofl.gif and then watch thehelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Oh well, we can all get a boat and float around how fun haha. Nevermind the weather gods are building up for a big snowstorm for Wales and the SW, hopefully like the americans get.

Yes I can see it now next week is going to hit home hard....

post-8911-0-11831700-1363872471_thumb.jp lazy.gifrofl.gif

Posted

oh I've go to drive to North Wales tomorrow, leaving at 5am, should be fun!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Desktop. It doesn't update at all on Chromium or chrome, or save any settings. It updates on firefox and opera but again, it saves no settings. On a phone, it doesn't show the radar scales for me, it's attached to the euro/coverage button and enables those instead. The old way was better for me, Paul says he can't replicate some of the bugs.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None - UK weather is always exciting at some point

Karlos,

20-50cms of snow for wales tommorow, thats from the BBC weahter forecast just now. Better take a spade and supplies if I was you.

Posted

Posted A minute ago

snapback.pngTom Jarvis, on 21 March 2013 - 13:32 , said:

Jus to inform the forum bbc weather has been hacked

Maybe the forecasts will improve now then? rofl.gif