Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 16/3/13 16z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A dire day here with some really heavy rain at times. Looks like clearing a little for now then further downpours tomorrow morning.

Cornwall & Channel Islands Weather has Issued a WEATHER WARNING FOR WEST & SOUTH EAST CORNWALL for Heavy Rain and Flooding Amongst the WATCH FOR ELSEWHERE IN CORNWALL. VIEW IT HERE:

http://cornwallweather.moonfruit.com/#/warnings/4573724904

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I've found the cold, you go find the snow. Don't leave it all to me. blum.gifblum.gif

I am still praying for a last min southwest correction and then for the front to stall, failing that I am clutching the straw from yesterday that we might see something before milder weather easter?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

In all honesty, The only way for us to get good decent fun weather is for Mullender to go on holiday or something. This normally ensures snow/storms

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The rain is really beginning to pep up as it crosses the areas with strong PVA, very colourful!

9.4mm here so far, 34mm in Culdrose.

post-15177-0-81388900-1363891920_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

I've found the cold, you go find the snow. Don't leave it all to me. blum.gifblum.gif

Found it!!

post-18883-0-42513200-1363891980_thumb.p

Mulls, just down to you now to bring it here!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

The rain is really beginning to pep up as it crosses the areas with strong PVA, very colourful!

9.4mm here so far, 34mm in Culdrose.

post-15177-0-81388900-1363891920_thumb.p

Ive told you to leave that glue alone... rofl.gifblum.gif

Sorry people I am not going skiing this time of year mega_shok.gifhelp.gif

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

FRIDAY: Further Heavy Rain for Cornwall then later, the Channel Islands

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

This is;

post-12721-0-23029100-1363892331.jpg

at the very best, but remember Ian's comment yesterday about the Met Office seeing potential in just over a weeks time for another snow event possibly affecting areas further south, well, it just so happens that the ECM produces this for next weekend:

post-12721-0-87206900-1363892418_thumb.j

Coincidence?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

This is;

post-12721-0-23029100-1363892331.jpg

at the very best, but remember Ian's comment yesterday about the Met Office seeing potential in just over a weeks time for another snow event possibly affecting areas further south, well, it just so happens that the ECM produces this for next weekend:

post-12721-0-87206900-1363892418_thumb.j

Coincidence?

And I bet come the time that lp will be further south and it will be a channel Islands blizzard again, I bet ya lol.

Posted

Just found this.

http://www.telegraph...ni-ice-age.html

Now I am well aware that this may spark debate. But lets face it, the government makes a lot of money from "global warming" and it also validates the grants that scientists get from governments.

I listened to a radio show once with a scientist that truly believes that we are very close to a mini ice age and he made a very profound statement, which was "why human kind are so arrogant that we believe that we have any control over mother nature is beyond me, if she wants to destroy us, she will do it perfectly well on her own". Thought it was an interesting remark!!

I do not rate Peirs Corbyn, but sometimes he makes a valid point!! Just thought I would post this as it is interesting that a conservative, the most famous of all, is the author of the article!!

Edited by Beast of Dartmoor

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

And I bet come the time that lp will be further south and it will be a channel Islands blizzard again, I bet ya lol.

Two Blizzards in a month? They don't even get two blizzards in a decade!! :p :p :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Two Blizzards in a month? They don't even get two blizzards in a decade!! :p :p :p

If they do I WILL be throwing my toys out of my pram, heavy snow to the south of us, now to the north, the next event better be slap bang over our heads otherwise those toys are getting airborne lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

I am still hoping the models have overplayed it and the cold will dig south quicker tomorrow, now where did I put those straws?

Posted

Just found this.

Now I am well aware that this may spark debate. But lets face it, the government makes a lot of money from "global warming" and it also validates the grants that scientists get from governments.

I listened to a radio show once with a scientist that truly believes that we are very close to a mini ice age and he made a very profound statement, which was "why human kind are so arrogant that we believe that we have any control over mother nature is beyond me, if she wants to destroy us, she will do it perfectly well on her own". Thought it was an interesting remark!!

I do not rate Peirs Corbyn, but sometimes he makes a valid point!! Just thought I would post this as it is interesting the a conservative, the most famous of all, is the author of the article!!

All I can say to that is Boris must have a very short memory, i seem to remember one or two far snowier and colder than any recent winters only December 2010 stands out as exceptional in recent years, it might also be an idea for him to understand the difference between weather and climate. As for no control, true indeed thus meddling with it seems to be to be a fairly bad plan and there is no denying that we have been doing that, it’s the extent that’s being debated not the fact we have.

Edited by weather eater

Posted

Did anyone see the news? They were talking to Paul Hudson who was showing the Met Office accumulations maps, there was a massive empty hole in the snow area, around where i put the circle. It showed hardly any precip at all, i'd feel for those living there if it happened.

post-15177-0-90969100-1363891018_thumb.p

I think that's due to the Pennines, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong if anyone knows otherwise!

Edit: seen UK snow's post, you beat me to it!

Edited by dec10snow

Posted

Just found this.

I do not rate Peirs Corbyn, but sometimes he makes a valid point!! Just thought I would post this as it is interesting that a conservative, the most famous of all, is the author of the article!!

I saw this a while ago, and I have to say, it's very interesting. As we all know, there is a lot of debate whether the world is in a warming period or not etc, and I personally have no clue either way, as there are valid points both ways.

What I do have more confidence is though, is that we are in a period of colder winters, and this is backed up by the past couple of winters. I think it's not 4/5 of the last winters have been below average, what this is down to, I don't know, but interesting nonetheless!

Back on topic, and it's still raining here... Feeling chilly in the gusty wind as well!

And I must add, catching up on the posts from earlier has been a brilliant read!! Unfortunately I wasn't around early enough to see the post in the mod thread, and the reaction, but it seems very upbeat on here, especially with our grand total of no snow (predicted anyway, as I know we are all going to get pasted by a last minute 100 mile south west shift :D)

Edited by dec10snow

Posted

All I can say to that is Boris must have a very short memory, i seem to remember one or two far snowier and colder than any recent winters only December 2010 stands out as exceptional in recent years, it might also be an idea for him to understand the difference between weather and climate. As for no control, true indeed thus meddling with it seems to be to be a fairly bad plan and there is no denying that we have been doing that, it’s the extent that’s being debated not the fact we have.

Agreed. I have no doubt that we have been meddling with mother nature, but it is to what degree I disagree with. I do believe we burn more fossil fuel than is necessary, however I do not believe it warrants the tax that is levied. That Met Office have already published figures that show global warming has slowed. Now the planet will warm and it will cool, I am fairly confident when I say Fred Flintsone didn't have a V8, he used his legs and didn't give off an carbon dioxide when he did so. So how did the planet possiblt warm up if there were no cars?? With this in mind how can the govenment justify charging fuel tax, and then VAT on that fuel tax, then a congestion charge in London if you actually need to get somewhere and higher CO2 emissions tax on larger engined company cars??

I see it as just an excuse to charge the great British Public for what the can. The planet will warm up at some point, and yes if we keep buring fuels at the rate we are then we could be a victim of our own greed, but I don't believe it warrants what we have to pay for this.

Rant over!! Global may or indeed may not be upon us, it remains to be seen!!

Posted

I saw this a while ago, and I have to say, it's very interesting. As we all know, there is a lot of debate whether the world is in a warming period or not etc, and I personally have no clue either way, as there are valid points both ways.

What I do have more confidence is though, is that we are in a period of colder winters, and this is backed up by the past couple of winters. I think it's not 4/5 of the last winters have been below average, what this is down to, I don't know, but interesting nonetheless!

Back on topic, and it's still raining here... Feeling chilly in the gusty wind as well!

And I must add, catching up on the posts from earlier has been a brilliant read!! Unfortunately I wasn't around early enough to see the post in the mod thread, and the reaction, but it seems very upbeat on here, especially with our grand total of no snow (predicted anyway, as I know we are all going to get pasted by a last minute 100 mile south west shift biggrin.png)

Agreed, read my previous post to see my thoughts. Joe laminate floori (yes thats his real name!!) believes we may have a little ice age by 2014.... we will have to see!!

Did someone edit this post??!! Laminate Floori??!!

Edited by Beast of Dartmoor

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

Agreed, read my previous post to see my thoughts. Joe laminate floori (yes thats his real name!!) believes we may have a little ice age by 2014.... we will have to see!!

Its the swear filter - doesnt like his name.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

swear filter, not editing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, the very hot and the very cold.

Hmmm. 4.1c outside. Getting close to snow territory :)

Posted

swear filter, not editing

Well, its pretty amazing that it came up with laminate floori after what I had written!! Anyway, just thought it may be an article worth posting to give a different perspective on climate change.

Back on topic, 4.7c here and very wet. 76mm of rain forecast over today and tomorrow.

Posted

HAHA that swear filter really made me laugh!

Me too!! I wrote B*******i.... and it came up somehow with a kind of floor you lay??!! Very good....

Posted

Joe B also predicted that Arctic summer ice extent would recover two years ago; instead 2012 broke the 2007s record melt by a large margin. There is a debate whether global temps continue to rise or have stalled, however even the sceptics are not claiming that global temps have fallen. As for our winters, my guess would be that low solar activity has been a major factor in regards colder and snowier northern hemisphere winters, nor should we rule out a change of weather patterns influenced by the rise in global temps just the sort of thing that can happen when you meddle with things you don’t understand. Natural variations and mans impact combined.