Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 17th March 2013 18:00>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Jay Wynne BBC 10:30 Finishing Quote 'I don't think that slightly milder air will last'.

i saw that

its odd when you see 5-6 degrees and that is classed as a warm up rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

We still have four foot (reduced from 8 foot) drifts on some busy but country roads meaning still single file traffic in some places :)

Oh and drifts still visible on surrounding fields round here

Posted

Hi all got some bad news remember the groundhog in America predicting an early spring it has been punished for its false forcast. :(http://www.theonion.com/articles/punxsutawney-phil-beheaded-for-inaccurate-predicti,31712/

America has to take thing too far

Guest bjaykent

Last March was really nice (my avatar pic was taken at that time *useless info.commega_shok.gif ) and hence it does get to a point when you want the best of both worlds, a winner once again. But while the polar bears are on a roll like this, then I am good to go with itsmile.png Happy birthday to Mrs BJ - I hope you spoiled herangel.gif (I'm sure you did)smile.png

I allowed her a day off workblum.gif , no we had a very nice day, been out looking round the garden centres today, my wife really wants to start planting seeds but just not worth the risk yet, might get some plants going in the conservatory which is south facing and currently full of last years Geraniums, most of which are full out in flower again now. We love the garden in summer and spend hours in it but another weeks delay won't hurt!smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I allowed her a day off workblum.gif , no we had a very nice day, been out looking round the garden centres today, my wife really wants to start planting seeds but just not worth the risk yet, might get some plants going in the conservatory which is south facing and currently full of last years Geraniums, most of which are full out in flower again now. We love the garden in summer and spend hours in it but another weeks delay won't hurt!smile.png

I maybe best talk to you in the gardening thread rather than go OTblush.pngwink.png (lol!) because that sounds interestingsmile.png . I spend hours out there too - and am looking forward to it after another couple of blizzards firstcold.gif

Posted

i saw that

its odd when you see 5-6 degrees and that is classed as a warm up rofl.gif

Especially for the end of March. I think average Jan temps are 7c so that really puts it into perspective. Also I always look at forecasted temps as the max expected. Can see these being progged down in the forecasts as we go though the week. By Sat we could be building snowmen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Hi all got some bad news remember the groundhog in America predicting an early spring it has been punished for its false forcast. sad.pnghttp://www.theonion....predicti,31712/

I don't know whether you're being serious or not lol, but just to clarify, that website hosts false stories for a laugh, none of it is real!

Posted

i was just looking at my april forecast

it includes

heavy rain

thunderstorms

some heat

strong winds

and snow

may have to post my april forecast soon as my post count to 5000 is still a way off

waiting 120 fax still

Posted

Hi all got some bad news remember the groundhog in America predicting an early spring it has been punished for its false forcast. :(http://www.theonion.com/articles/punxsutawney-phil-beheaded-for-inaccurate-predicti,31712/

Quite civil for the yanks. Surprised they didn't burn all its off spring out of their burrows and gun em down with semi automatics.

Posted

Quite civil for the yanks. Surprised they didn't burn all its off spring out of their burrows and gun em down with semi automatics.

ITS A FAKE WEBSITE!! THEY MAKE FAKE STORIES FOR HUMOUR PURPOSES ONLY!

Posted

ITS A FAKE WEBSITE!! THEY MAKE FAKE STORIES FOR HUMOUR PURPOSES ONLY!

I know. It was meant to be in jest. Should have added a smilie. Maybe they beheaded it for going against the fifth amendment..........;-)

Posted

it includes

heavy rain

thunderstorms

some heat

strong winds

and snow

may have to post my april forecast soon as my post count to 5000 is still a way off

waiting 120 fax still

It does not matter what you post I read it anyway...I like to have my own ideas on things and then wait for yours and some others on here to post theirs and make a jugement on likelyhood etc.I used to frequent the mods forum but it can be brain numbing and petty,with points scoring and egos at the fore.But I have settled back into this forum for the past few winters,having been on here previously I had lost all details and re-registered. I must say how this winter weather has kept people guessing,and still looks like it has a few more surprises,three cheers for the SE forum and all who use itacute.gif Roll on the snow except Sunday in the Deal Sandwich area until after 5pm lol

Guest bjaykent

fax120s.gif?19-12

UW120-21.GIF?19-18

nice match

i want tomorrows one

looking cold with plenty of precipitation around

brrrrrrrrr

Hi John, will be interesting indeed to see UKMO/fax tomorrow 144hrs looking similar on ECM/UKMO and we know where ECM goes from there! Can't wait for your thoughts tomorrow.

post-16390-0-69321800-1363735314_thumb.g

post-16390-0-24897900-1363735341_thumb.g

Edited by bjaykent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

The GFS likes the extended tupperware party toosmile.png

Tupperware ? now your showing your age.....

post-10773-0-02045400-1363735232_thumb.j

..but I guess they are useful for storing snow in the freezer !

Posted

It does not matter what you post I read it anyway...I like to have my own ideas on things and then wait for yours and some others on here to post theirs and make a jugement on likelyhood etc.I used to frequent the mods forum but it can be brain numbing and petty,with points scoring and egos at the fore.But I have settled back into this forum for the past few winters,having been on here previously I had lost all details and re-registered. I must say how this winter weather has kept people guessing,and still looks like it has a few more surprises,three cheers for the SE forum and all who use itacute.gif Roll on the snow except Sunday in the Deal Sandwich area until after 5pm lol

hi bp

model thread is very confusing now

i admit to being cold biased

however i will post what the models show rather than my preference

looking at sunday i got a feeling the snow will start according to the fax chart

around early pm

however the main snow risk starts on monday at present

gonna be a close one

reckon this may be different tomorrow but these look very cold at present

another thing to watch is the wind and windchill on sunday

it wont be pleasant

Edited by john pike

Posted

MT8_London_ens.png

cold

22nd to 23rd warm blip

getting cold again 24th to 28th

fi is 22nd wacko.png

very wet 22nd to 24th

think i am going to just watch ecm and ukmo and fax now

losing confidence with gfs at present

ensemble-tt6-london.gif

fairly good agreement to the 24th then take your pick

more again tomorrow

Posted

it includes

heavy rain

thunderstorms

some heat

strong winds

and snow

waiting 120 fax still

Pretty much covered all bases there then Jp ? good.gif

Posted

Pretty much covered all bases there then Jp ? good.gif

yep

still training for the met office

haha only kidding smile.png

Posted

Hope it snows, I have the Sunday off and it would be nice to have a stroll with the girlfriend for the first time in 18 months