Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 17th March 2013 18:00>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Am I going to see any of the white stuff down here on the coast or am I wishful thinking. :-)

If it gets below the M4-Thames dissection line, I'd be surprised if it got to us. However saying that, I'll totally contradict myself and say that the two fronts over us on Saturday might give a better chance of something front/back edged coming our way.

So it's simple really:

confused-face1.jpg

Guest bjaykent

Friendlies and tupperware, Avon and any of those type of parties, etcwink.png Down to the lady in Sussex! Only joking, if you want P.M me

and I'll find you a partner. Anyone up for a line-dance, ye-ha!

Snow for you, so Maybe Tamara (He does sing that, doesnt he) Cyril Connolly whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Dont you dare diss (Whoops, still bit Saarf-East London, there) this, otherwise my princess Hayley will be after you.

Has huge crush on Mr.Kelly Jones, of John Hammondesque proportions!

Tom

Hi Tom, think you should set up a friendly between someone on the South West Coast and an opponent in the North Midlands, could be close! say 50-0! blum.gif

Like to see some snow here at some point but good luck to all those further up country, hope what you get is enjoyable without being too dangerous! smile.png

Posted

I doubt we will get any maybe a little.. but just wish this winter would just bugger off, never known it to hang around so bloody long.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Am I going to see any of the white stuff down here on the coast or am I wishful thinking. :-)

Sara, I am rather thinking the best chance for our region comes early next week rather than the weekend. But I am trying that reverse psychology tool once more. Whatever happens its going to be fun watchingsmile.png

Posted

Good morning all,

I really should put this on Autotype......

Overcast, grey with broken cloud and cold unsure.png

Lots of precipitation to come for sure.

Mad March indeed. Whatever arrives, stay safe peeps

John Hammond give_rose.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

If it gets below the M4-Thames dissection line, I'd be surprised if it got to us. However saying that, I'll totally contradict myself and say that the two fronts over us on Saturday might give a better chance of something front/back edged coming our way.

So it's simple really:

confused-face1.jpg

Is that you?smile.png Or is it a new face to professional/amateur weather forecasting? Or is it both?blush.png

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning (nearly afternoon...) all :)

I see the Met Office have issued a level 2 or 3 cold weather alert for our area.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/cold-weather-alert/

Considering that this system finishes operating on 31st March each year, just goes to show the exceptional nature of the upcoming weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Morning (nearly afternoon...) all smile.png

I see the Met Office have issued a level 2 or 3 cold weather alert for our area.

http://www.metoffice...-weather-alert/

Considering that this system finishes operating on 31st March each year, just goes to show the exceptional nature of the upcoming weather.

They better keep it operating this year, a supprise april cold spell would not supprise me at all, the way things have been this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Nice upgrade. Yesterday was i believe just yellow/orange, Now its red-n-black.

103437Z_21OWS_AFWA-MEPS-PRODUCTS_MODEL-DATA_20KM-MEPS_PROB-SNOW-2INCH-12HRS_ENSEMBLE_39_06Z.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Any friendlies allowed?

I'd be up for a friendly too, if thats possible Tom?

Posted

Is SnowKing around? Just a question for the people on here, i am due to head into North Oxfordshire on Saturday and across into Cotswolds to visit friends, do you think Oxford would see any of the white stuff by Saturday afternoon? Thanks in advance :-)

Posted

Is SnowKing around? Just a question for the people on here, i am due to head into North Oxfordshire on Saturday and across into Cotswolds to visit friends, do you think Oxford would see any of the white stuff by Saturday afternoon? Thanks in advance :-)

Hi Mark

At present, the M40/A40 area is amongst the snowfall projection of around 5-10cm with strong winds, so blizzard conditions are expected over higher ground Saturday AM

I'll update you this evening once the new data is in but at present I would recommend reconsidering the journey if at all possible

SK

Posted

Is that you?smile.png Or is it a new face to professional/amateur weather forecasting? Or is it both?blush.png

Not me Tamara (stock photo) but there are similarities (male, short hair, confused....)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

I'd be up for a friendly too, if thats possible Tom?

Can I play to please ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Nice upgrade. Yesterday was i believe just yellow/orange, Now its red-n-black.

103437Z_21OWS_AFWA-MEPS-PRODUCTS_MODEL-DATA_20KM-MEPS_PROB-SNOW-2INCH-12HRS_ENSEMBLE_39_06Z.png

Very nice, if only it would remember us in the south, would be much better, why does the low have to push our cold up on the way through.

Edit, just noticed this is friday and kent and london are in the snow zone for the lighter stuff, is this right?

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Very nice, if only it would remember us in the south, would be much better, why does the low have to push our cold up on the way through.

Edit, just noticed this is friday and kent and london are in the snow zone for the lighter stuff, is this right?

alexis I think with any snow prediction charts, It will always go down to the event at T-0 Basically when its started, But as for Kent and London don't think i would rule anything out at this range,It will probably change a few more times yet. That's the fun part really. Still the charts do fill me with joy as in potential.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any weather

Brrr brrr, brrr brrr, <click> " ....<ergh>, <hack>, <cough> , <wheeze>, Hello? <hack>

''Hello, Spring?''

''what??"

''Where the hell are you? We've been waiting here ages!''

''Oh balls, sorry guys <cough>, have been out on a bender and forgot the time, give me a couple of weeks okay?''

''Okay, sure but you know what happened last year, you got here to damned early and forgot to pick up Summer on the way! Dont let it happen again! Put a reminder on your phone or something.''

<click> Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Could this possibly be an historic event? BBC go for snow all night for my location (being further North) and more heavy snow during friday night.

Posted

Hi Mark

At present, the M40/A40 area is amongst the snowfall projection of around 5-10cm with strong winds, so blizzard conditions are expected over higher ground Saturday AM

I'll update you this evening once the new data is in but at present I would recommend reconsidering the journey if at all possible

SK

Thanks for your help, will look out for further updates!

Posted

Rainfall showing Rain West of London, No Sleet or Snow on it at all, been out doesnt really feel that cold cant see anything coming out of it apart from rain where we are

Posted

Met Office have issued a Yellow Warning for Snow on Saturday for Bucks,Milton Keynes and Oxfordshire- 5-10cm likely.