Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 17th March 2013 18:00>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

I am flying into heathrow at 4.30 Saturday afternoon. What do you think, will I get an extended holiday? :-)

Yes, in Terminal 4 as you fail to get any transport out!! :lol:

Is it me or am I right in thinking every snow event this year has always been on a weekend?, seems as becoming a trend:-)

The government are controlling the weather so we don't get days off in the week.... aggressive.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!

Hope all you lot in the region, who could be in for snow, have your cameras at the ready. I shall look forward to seeing them all :)

Edit:Your pics, not your cameras....

Edited by Nikkib74

Posted

Ha! It's T5...

Oh that's OK, more facilities to explore while you wait for the disruption to clear on the infrastructure to and from the airport!! :lol:

Edited by Coast

Posted

Edit:Your pics, not your cameras....

Show me yours and I'll show you mine... :winky:

Posted

Coast no I'm flying IN to heathrow not out. I don't really want to go home so I really don't mind if there's going to be disruption to flights/cancellations. I'd just rather know in advance :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Hi anyone know how to copy and paste charts on an I pad? Cheers

Edited by Floatylight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Well this is my 666th postdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gif

Trying to think of something weather related to say so based on the number of the beast I will predict someone up north will receive 66.6cm of snow this weekend, 6.66cm here in Gravesend (wishful thinking), 0.666cm for Coast and Tamara (after all you stole all the last lot), oh and as for Tom in Anerley 0.000666cm but to make up for it continuous thunder and lightning for the next 3days. That seems wicked enough for post 666.

Will leave you with Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast - this band produced the loudest concert I have ever been to at Hammersmith in 1986, my ears were ringing for days after! diablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gif

Have a nice afternoongood.gif

Yes, I saw them play in a pub, called the Oval, in Norwich in the early 90's, under an assumed name, 'The Nodding Donkeys!'biggrin.png I mostly remember the venue being horrendously hot.

Posted

Coast no I'm flying IN to heathrow not out. I don't really want to go home so I really don't mind if there's going to be disruption to flights/cancellations. I'd just rather know in advance :-)

I think the airport will cope, not the roads or rail (if it comes down this far) hence why you might make it back to Heathrow - but no further!

Does that make you a serial camera flasher thenrofl.gif

I have been known to give long exposures......

If it's like a Samsung Tab2, it's a nightmare!! laugh.png

Edited by Coast

Posted

Well, looking at every chart that has been posted this morning, I think, probably, it is likely, although not certain, but I would predict, however not with too high a level of confidence, that my drive from SW London to Bournemouth on Saturday and then back on Sunday, will be mostly, for the most part, albeit with some margin for error, snow-free....

Edited by Reefseeker

Posted

FL

Hold your finger down on the image for a few second and then release, a few options will pop up, select 'Copy', and then hold your finger on the screen again in the place you are trying to paste the image to, release, a few options appear again, select paste

SK

Guest bjaykent

I will be down the beach this weekend then on the roller skates?,Is it me or am I right in thinking every snow event this year has always been on a weekend?, seems as becoming a trend:-)

I thought I read somewhere that traditionally there was more snow at weekends due to heavy industry pumping less into the atmosphere, could be an urban myth though. Anyway wouldn't make a difference today as we barely have any industrial output, in fact we barely have any economic output. LOL.

Big thanks to LeighD for rapidly liking my 666th post, once I posted it I realised not only was my post count 666 but my like count was 911! not that I am the suspicious typetease.giftease.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifshok.gifshok.gif .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

103410Z_21OWS_AFWA-MEPS-PRODUCTS_MODEL-DATA_20KM-MEPS_PROB-SNOW-AT-VT_ENSEMBLE_51_06Z.png

Oooooh Upgrade again Its moved further south.

103411Z_21OWS_AFWA-MEPS-PRODUCTS_MODEL-DATA_20KM-MEPS_PROB-SNOW-AT-VT_ENSEMBLE_66_06Z.png

103417Z_21OWS_AFWA-MEPS-PRODUCTS_MODEL-DATA_20KM-MEPS_PROB-SNOW-AT-VT_ENSEMBLE_72_06Z.png

Edited by Jason T

Guest bjaykent

Yes, I saw them play in a pub, called the Oval, in Norwich in the early 90's, under an assumed name, 'The Nodding Donkeys!'biggrin.png I mostly remember the venue being horrendously hot.

Hi, yes they did a similar thing here back in the 1980s (when the weather was quite like what is coming this weekend - now a weather related post). They appeared in the Red Lion in Northfleet as the Sherman Tanks, unfortunately didn't hear about until after they playedsad.png

Posted

103410Z_21OWS_AFWA-MEPS-PRODUCTS_MODEL-DATA_20KM-MEPS_PROB-SNOW-AT-VT_ENSEMBLE_51_06Z.png

103411Z_21OWS_AFWA-MEPS-PRODUCTS_MODEL-DATA_20KM-MEPS_PROB-SNOW-AT-VT_ENSEMBLE_66_06Z.png

103417Z_21OWS_AFWA-MEPS-PRODUCTS_MODEL-DATA_20KM-MEPS_PROB-SNOW-AT-VT_ENSEMBLE_72_06Z.png

On that chart yes, but ive seen charts where the shift is further north - truth it - its a wait n see situation...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Jason We over in AL10 like this upgrade very much.....I hope it comes off. It will be nice to see out winter see in spring with a bang

Edited by lloydyd

Posted

13032218_2112.gif

And these charts its further north... :-(

NAE has snowfall north of the Midlands, so a definite north shift in the NAE and at 36hrs the front has moved further west:

13032218_2112.gif13032300_2112.gif

Posted

Posted

Those are a bit obscure though aren't they Jason? I see that the 21st OWS is closing down next week sad.png

http://ows.public.se...f.mil/index.cfm

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

loving the nae at t48 - pls be right!!

post-15445-0-59059800-1363879583_thumb.g