South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 17th March 2013 18:00>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

BBC Weather on twitter has been hacked

Yep it's mentioning The Syrian Army!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Doesn't sound very good, sounds like something not so nice might be brewing, wish I was talking weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

I've been so busy with work I haven't had the time to come on here!

Now another possible snow event has popped up I thought I should come see what the crack is lol

I can see the met have issued a yellow warning for where I am, but how will luton do in this event?

Thanks in advance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Hi Tom, think you should set up a friendly between someone on the South West Coast and an opponent in the North Midlands, could be close! say 50-0! blum.gif

Like to see some snow here at some point but good luck to all those further up country, hope what you get is enjoyable without being too dangerous! smile.png

Hi Tom, think you should set up a friendly between someone on the South West Coast and an opponent in the North Midlands, could be close! say 50-0! blum.gif

Like to see some snow here at some point but good luck to all those further up country, hope what you get is enjoyable without being too dangerous! smile.png

Hi,

bjay, that S.W. lot got seen off in the Prelim. rounds before my competition started, rather like Bromley and Gravesend trying to qualify for the F.A.Cup proper!

Only the elite, in my competition, none of that Conference, S.W.Counties League nonsense here! Ssh, hope our neighbours, dont read this! wink.png

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Well I ain't got a clue tbh?

BBC shows snow for me sat.

Met office yellow not getting over me.

Nmm model clearly shows me in dark pink .

So I guess just see what happens.

Haha easy said than done though.it's too tense!!

People expect me to know??

Well done mk ,ps,have to admit you had nothing the other day when I was, so fair play booooo hisss lmao ;)

But then you did when I didn't before that???

So if we all get some this time we be even,fingers crossed.

If you do and I don't may it melt really quick coz it's just not fair :)))))

Posted

I'd be up for a friendly too, if thats possible Tom?

How about a threesome then (Stop it, its too early for that).

Kempston (Beds) CHRIS MANTLE v. Sawbridgeworth (H) HAMMER v. Headington (Ox) MARK NEAL.

Could be a very close encounter that! I'll add that to the list tonight, after work.

Cheers,

Tom.

Edited by TomSE20

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Yes there are reports that the Bbc have very close ties with labour and hacktivists arent happy with corporatioms meddling with politics

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Hi plz could anyone be as kind to tell me if south london are expecting anything snow wise from what's coming up many thanks

Maybe a bit on Saturday, enough for a snowball but not a snowman.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Just thought I'd look at the maximum temperatures expected, at what is generally the warmest part of the day, for the next few days (GFS 06Z)

The next few days have some impressively low maximums. I can't remember such a run in late March!

For those who don't relish the prospect, which is 95% of people away from this forum, then the ensembles suggest a return to normal temperatures with the change of the month. I'm also showing the GFS prediction for Bank Holiday Monday too. Obviously this is well into FI, but the trend appears to be there. smile.png

post-11059-0-61904800-1363873761_thumb.p

post-11059-0-47107600-1363873761_thumb.p

post-11059-0-18155800-1363873786_thumb.p

post-11059-0-48350200-1363873794_thumb.p

post-11059-0-01412600-1363873805_thumb.p

post-11059-0-53316400-1363873855_thumb.p

post-11059-0-92684700-1363873846_thumb.p

Posted

London to miss out again it seems?

London will see snow in the coming days biggrin.png

Posted

Just realised, I was the only guy to tick like to John Hammonds photo!blush.png

Look, I'm very in touch with my feminine side, ok. He's a very good forecaster, seems a nice guy and obv. has a very nice chart-side manner with you ladies.

Very quickly, tip for you storm freaks, Spanish Plume would you believe (4.10 Wolves)

Its not information, just coincidence. I dont want to hear anybodys backed it please, just have a virtual £1, ok.

I'm not the tipping messiah, I'm a very naughty boy!

Yours, very concerned,

Tom.

Posted

London will see snow in the coming days biggrin.png

Oh yes, I can just see it now....

london_landmarks.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Alert of Snow for London & South East England :

Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes & Oxfordshire

Yellow Alert of Snow for East of England :

Norfolk, Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Peterborough, Suffolk & Luton

A slow-moving band of rain, sleet and snow will continue to affect many central parts of the UK during Saturday. Further significant snow accumulations are likely on hills, with continued drifting and blizzard conditions in the strong southeasterly winds. At lower levels, some areas could see 5-10 cm of snow, though details on locations most at risk remains very uncertain at this stage.

The public should be aware of the continued risk of significant disruption.

Issued at:

1238 on Thu 21 Mar 2013

Valid from:

0005 on Sat 23 Mar 2013

Valid to:

2359 on Sat 23 Mar 2013

A frontal system remains slow-moving across central and northwestern parts of the UK during Saturday, again giving some significant snowfall, particularly across high ground. The risk of disruptive snowfall looks to spread further south and east across England than on Friday, though in these areas conditions will be more marginal for snow, with perhaps rain and sleet becoming more prevalent at times.

http://www.metoffice...Time=1363996800

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

And a slushy mess for NW Kent and South London?

Posted

Although My other Back Yard in Leeds is on track to easily get upwards of 20cms, I think we could still get a 'normal' significant snow event in central, northern and western parts of EA. My bet is for sporadic rain sleet and snow on Friday morning, drying through the day, then pepping up again in late-afternoon/evening, starting as rain but quickly turning to snow after nightfall. From 00z Saturday and right through to late saturday afternoon I expect snow to be falling, sometimes very heavily as well, giving accumulations in the above areas of 5-15cms depending on your altitude and Northern/Westward location. Blizzard conditions are likely, regardless of how much accumulates. The further North you are in the country, and indeed the closer you are to the North Midlands, you could be looking at the worst conditions and heaviest snowfalls of the winter, with 15-20cms even to lower levels at times, and 30-40cms over the hills.

To reiterate my widespread depth forecasts:

CAMBS, NORTHAMPTONSHIRE = 5-10CM (Predominantly Saturday, possibly 15cms)

EAST MIDLANDS = 10-15CMS (Early Friday and predominantly Saturday, possibly 20cms)

NORTH MIDLANDS = 15-20CMS (throughout Friday and Saturday, possibly 30-40cms over the hills)

- conditions will be blizzards at the worst moments across these areas, regardless of accumulation totals

Edited by ITSY

Posted

Drat. That yellow warning doesn't quite cover High Wycombe. Always the way- we get left out while a few miles away in the hills they can't move for the stuff!!

We will get a smattering though,right.....right??? sad.png

Edited by Team Squirrel

Posted

Do you know how this model watching is making me feel today?

madmen1.gif

Posted

I will be down the beach this weekend then on the roller skates?,Is it me or am I right in thinking every snow event this year has always been on a weekend?, seems as becoming a trend:-)

Guest bjaykent

Well this is my 666th postdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gif

Trying to think of something weather related to say so based on the number of the beast I will predict someone up north will receive 66.6cm of snow this weekend, 6.66cm here in Gravesend (wishful thinking), 0.666cm for Coast and Tamara (after all you stole all the last lot), oh and as for Tom in Anerley 0.000666cm but to make up for it continuous thunder and lightning for the next 3days. That seems wicked enough for post 666.

Will leave you with Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast - this band produced the loudest concert I have ever been to at Hammersmith in 1986, my ears were ringing for days after! diablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gif

Have a nice afternoongood.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_2LEGsL8q0

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Hows that work then the SE is closest to the lower dewpoints being advected from the near continent.

Good point lets hope they help.