Snowangel-MK

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

No it won't.

It's supposed to pivot from NW/SE to more W/E slant but I think parts of North East EA could completely miss the snow, in fact snow could affect areas north/south/East and West of the area. Silly weather. Looks like a pulse running though the centre of East Anglia tonight, it's precise alignment and areas affected will still be up for grabs.

Current weather, freezing cold and cloudy with occasional hazy sunshine.

The freezing beast of an easterly wind is back with a vengeance cold.gif

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

It's supposed to pivot from NW/SE to more W/E slant but I think parts of North East EA could completely miss the snow, in fact snow could affect areas north/south/East and West of the area. Silly weather. Looks like a pulse running though the centre of East Anglia tonight, it's precise alignment and areas affected will still be up for grabs.

Current weather, freezing cold and cloudy with occasional hazy sunshine.

It's my birthday tomorrow (don't all feel guilty for not remembering and start rushing out to buy me a really expensive present because it's the thought that counts and you didn't think) and I can 100% guarantee that it will not snow here again until next winter. So there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Alert of Snow for London & South East England :

Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes & Oxfordshire

Yellow Alert of Snow for East of England :

Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton, Norfolk, Peterborough, Suffolk & Southend-on-Sea

A slow-moving band of rain, sleet and snow will continue to affect many central parts of the UK during Saturday. Further significant snow accumulations are likely on hills, with continued drifting and blizzard conditions in the strong southeasterly winds. At lower levels, some areas could see 5-10 cm of snow, though details on locations most at risk remains very uncertain at this stage.

The public should be aware of the continued risk of significant disruption.

Issued at:

1227 on Fri 22 Mar 2013

Valid from:

0005 on Sat 23 Mar 2013

Valid to:

2359 on Sat 23 Mar 2013

A frontal system remains slow-moving across central and northwestern parts of the UK during Saturday, again giving some significant snowfall, particularly across high ground. The risk of disruptive snowfall looks to spread further south and east across England than on Friday, though in these areas conditions will be more marginal for snow, with perhaps rain and sleet becoming more prevalent at times.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=F529C97F-8ACB-64AC-8969-8CDA9666B7F2_3_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&fcTime=1363910400

Posted

Well, I will believe it when I see it. We currently have a strong icy wind, but temp. says 5.3c and skies are quite bright at the min.

We did have light snow flurries earlier though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Met Office app has just updated and Brentwood showing heavy snow bewtween 6am to 3pm tomorrow ?????post-19147-0-50994500-1363957734_thumb.j

Posted

It's my birthday tomorrow (don't all feel guilty for not remembering and start rushing out to buy me a really expensive present because it's the thought that counts and you didn't think) and I can 100% guarantee that it will not snow here again until next winter. So there.

I remembered. I just couldn't be bothered. :p

Posted

Post Noted Gary

Just a quick question, have you seen the projected cold pool coming from Russia middle of next week, quite an extensive area looks to be aiming a bullseye at Norfolk, Suffolk and the SE, that is a very bold statement and one that I could well be dragging back up next week when the snow showers start in earnest good.gifair_kiss.gif

Posted

Overnight and tomorrow looks very interesting. All I will say is that this morning here we had a very good sign with rain turning to heavy snow, and the only reason it didn't settle was the previous rainfall. (However, it did make attempts to settle at one point) Seeing as we had snow this morning which wasn't forecast, I see no reason to be negative about tomorrow's chances.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Met now pulled the yellow from Kent, it is completely unpredictable as to where it will end up.

Personally I love the snow but am fairly sick of winter now, bring back the sun!

Posted

Almost tropical here at 4.9c but with a nippy easterly wind gusting to near 40mph in the last couple of hours. Im patiently awaiting the arrival of the squall line.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Pre-frontal convection sparking off showers in this region which should fill out and make the band of precips bigger

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Happy birthday for tomorrow Gary. Keep the posts coming. I for one love them!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Got some icy sleet falling, thought it was hail stones at first when I heard it.

Posted

A very biting wind out there for my lunchtime wander around campus; trying to rain with fairly vicious little rain drops. Feels a lot colder than this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Almost tropical here at 4.9c but with a nippy easterly wind gusting to near 40mph in the last couple of hours. Im patiently awaiting the arrival of the squall line.

Me too if a light shower can fall as sleet, whats heavier stuff going to do. Not goner get my hopes up though, incase it's just heavy sleet lol.

Posted

Yup *Cough* VERY tropical indeed....

wpid-Snow-Bikini.jpg

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted

Iv'e just paid my latest gas and electricity bill. Im not sure whether to laugh, cry, have a lie down or pour myself a stiff drink. At this rate I'll be setting fire to my duvet to keep warm mega_shok.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

I must be missing something....Just seen the latest BBC forecast, and listened to various comments....but I just cant see where the snow this evening and overnight is coming from here in Cambs and surrounding regions.

Ive just watched the radar slides and all the heavy ppn has moved NW up and into the Irish sea.

They keep saying 'if anything the band of snow will slip south into EA later and through tomorrow..?

Can someone enlighten me as to where from and how they think this is going to happen. ?

I thinks it's the second front that your missing.

If I was in cambs I would be quite hopeful.

this eve we have a second front coming up from the sw which will reinvigorate snow over Midlands and then slide a bit s / se where it stalls until it slowly dies during tomorrow. then Sat night into Sun morning we have more showers and cambs is in a decent location for both 'events'.

here in s herts it's more knife edge but I've got my fingers crossed

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

I am going to make my prediction for Kent now.

3ft of no snow, heavy rain but dry.

rofl.gif

Posted

Moisture levels of this system are very good.

At around 2pm or so, the showery activity which is currently radared (is that a word?) will start to expand, this convective activity should link up with the heavy rain in the West which in turn should cause the precipitation to build and expand further.

In other words, don't be worried about the lack of precip on the radar at the moment, by this evening it will look a lot better.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Wow that bbc forecast lightened my eyes up! Sunday Had widespread snow showers over the whole of the south east particularly Kent London and southern Essex- there's hope yet! Also it showed some white blobs over north Kent South Essex Saturday pm-there's hope yet! Louise lear was really ramping the cold spell up "Get your sledges out for easter holidays kids!" Lol

Edited by Kentspur

Posted
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: Continental:Warm dry summers, cold snowy winters
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom

It's snowing here, BBC said rain for my area. Not complaining but this could make tonight more hopeful, anyone else getting unexpected snow?