A.J

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Hi TM, amazing weather for these parts as you have expressed in the conditions thread...any thoughts on over-all snow depth's from this system?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Well here in frankley birmingham its snowing really heavy blizzard conditions and white everywhere. Spose the elevation helps

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

I can confirm very nasty conditions over the Peak District. I just nipped up to Alstonfield area and a true blizzard up there with conditions deteoriating quickly. This was about an hour and a half ago so dread to think what its like now.

As for here in Belper, it is snowing very heavily with huge flakes and started settling readily about half hour ago and has dropped about 2cm. If it carried on at this rate then we would have 48cm after 12 hours of it! Of course it will come and go, get lighter and heavier - but i don't think 15cm is out of the question.

Weather09, as exciting as this is - it does not beat the excitement for me of 28th June 2012. That was an epic day and I spent it chasing between Lincoln and Horncastle all the way to the east coast smile.png

I can confirm that conditions are getting worse by the min here never seen blizzards like it, the wind is so strong, cutting and biting not nice at all...

Posted

Just gone the garage to get a beer and the street is covered and still we have this gale force wind with this thrashing down light snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter long heavy snow! & warm summer days

like wise here bigsnow. and you guys always get an extra 20% more! just hoping as the front stalls it organises itself into a steady fall always feel guilty talking about good snow when others are struggling for a flake, as always elevations is the key me thinks at this moment in time.

Posted

Whilst nothing appears to be settling anymore, I'm going to come back in a couple of hours and see how it is.

Posted

got to admit we had a good start with about 3" this morning (summer of 95) just the howling wind driving it down to stick, think if it wasnt for the wind it wouldnt be settling so fast

Posted

got to admit we had a good start with about 3" this morning (summer of 95) just the howling wind driving it down to stick, think if it wasnt for the wind it wouldnt be settling so fast

how much would you say we have and did you think we will get much more

Posted

The slushy mess drying out now with a fresh dusting covering up everywhere where its melted today :D

Radar is nothing to exciting but if it can keep going like this all night we should do alright again!

Posted

OK, here comes a positive post.

People west of Wolverhampton, the heavy stuff over Wales is heading your way.

People in Birmingham and the Black Country, we have a long fetch all the way down to the south coast with some heavier stuff in it.

People in the East Midlands, look towards London and Kent and the heavier stuff developing there, could be heading your way.

People in the Peak District...well you're just lucky sods.

There...everyone is happy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Last Saturday evening was better than this!!!!!!

hmm, not even a flake here last saturday! today now is a bit like Jan 18th here, driving lightish snow, -0.1C so sticking better, must be around 5cms on grass

Oi gordon, what about Stafford!!!!!!

Edited by ihatetherain

Posted

hmm, not even a flake here last saturday! today now is a bit like Jan 18th here, driving lightish snow, -0.1C so sticking better, must be around 5cms on grass

We were forecast constant snow Jan 18/19th

Turned out Jan 20th was best!

This time we've been forecast snow March 22/23

Tonight/tomorrow needs to perform to save this from being the biggest flop and missed chance in years

Posted

Oi gordon, what about Stafford!!!!!!

You'll get ours when we're done with it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

The slushy mess drying out now with a fresh dusting covering up everywhere where its melted today biggrin.png

Radar is nothing to exciting but if it can keep going like this all night we should do alright again!

My snowman from last sunday still there, amazing given time of year. Just sleet here.

Posted

hey chess01.. think it will stay on and off all night the wind is stopping it from sitting on the peaks reckon it will pick up more around 9-midnight as regards depth its difficult to say, got drift at bottom of garden and an even 4" or so on the roads/paths but its so rough other patches are just wind blown and solid ice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Hey shaun if u wanted snow u shud of moved here not the cotswolds.il send u sum by air mail hopefully u will get it before it melts down there lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

We were forecast constant snow Jan 18/19th

Turned out Jan 20th was best!

This time we've been forecast snow March 22/23

Tonight/tomorrow needs to perform to save this from being the biggest flop and missed chance in years

20th was okay, not as good as today/tonight, or the 18th, struggled to stick that day, although 21st was good early on

Posted

Heavy snowfall has finally arrived here once more, beginning to readily stick to most surfaces, too.