Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 23rd March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Ooooooh just been told we can leave at 10.30. . .. Lovely. Roads going to be fun.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Hmm, I think it's tomorrow or not at all Jules

Who knows. Met O have us down for light snow this evening and tomorrow. Think it's a case of look out the window and see.

Posted

Big non-event here! 5-10cm?? I know its hard forecasting events like this but we're not even close, no lying snow apart from a dusting on some roofs and fences.

Its a winter that has promised much but delivered very little in the end.

Posted

Morning all. Just back from dog walk. It was snowing earlier when I got up but has stopped now. Varying degrees of depth, patio is more or less dry, roads are slush and yet some places we have a good 2-3cms of crisp snow to footprint through.

Not sure if more is to come, and not worried. Can't control the weather, just have to make the best of what you've got, whatever the weather. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Stopped everything gone and melted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just the 2cm here then. My neighbour clearing snow off his car,.... with a hoze!

Posted

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. If you are fed up with snow come to Beccles, Great Yarmouth or Lowestoft.

Happy Birthday from the Yamkin's snowy higher elevated part of Croydon = Shirley drinks.gif

Posted

Right, enough of this sitting in front of a screen posting about snow. Time to head for the hills. Off to the Reigate/Colley Hill area to see what's what at 230m asl. Aim to set up base camp at 200m asl and then struggle up the giant rock step (poetic licence - it's actually what I believe is known as a "path", but don't tell anyone) towards the summit. Maybe even grab a coffee from the cafe at base camp (they think of everything) on the way back! Report will follow later.

AS

Posted

Yes, I think those south of the river might want to take their lead from Jan and take a measurement soon, if they're in the Snow Cup!

Regards,

Tom.

When was the last time all the turf racing was lost in the UK and Ireland in late March Tom ??

Posted

Had moderate snow here all morning but now its becoming much heavier.

Looking at the radar and forecast models its seems much more to come for my location and should last well into the night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Up to about a 4 of the Murr Scale...Even a few big ones!good.gif

Posted

Very wet snow here not really settling anywhere except for on grass, ground very wet now think it is a tad too warm at the moment . .

Posted

Here in Bingley West yorks we have 5" level snow. Hope you guys down here get some later this week.

Big non-event here! 5-10cm?? I know its hard forecasting events like this but we're not even close, no lying snow apart from a dusting on some roofs and fences.

Its a winter that has promised much but delivered very little in the end.

Well looking out of my window I have at least 3cm on the fence (slow thaw taking place so levels will decrease) and at 6am this morning the roads were covered until 7am when the first gritting lorry went along the road. I seem to remember the Sunday back in February when it snow all day and there was enough snow to pull my daughters sledge around Kempston.

To me it has been a very good winter and compared to the days of the late 80's 90's this winter has been great.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Yep spot on

Whether this proved correct or not we shall have to see, but expect a bit of a lull for the next few hours before it starts to pour back out of the Thames Estuary

SK

Why do people use the NAE it's already wrong, house roofs covered here as well as most grass and pathways out the back of my place. Between 1 and 2cm for most areas around Herne Bay

Posted

Also a good bit of banter in our regional thread with S Murr so thought id pop in. Regards

Posted

my other house in Leeds has 20cms of level snow apparently. THIS IS WHY we should all pack up and move! lol joking we often do well down here, and today my squeeze another few cms for some as it briefly reinvigorates over EA from the SE. don't forget, its March!!

Posted

Anyone wondering where JP is...........He opened the curtains this morning and fainted............Snow smelling salts will get him recovered soon blum.giflaugh.png

Posted

looks like the next band of decent precip is headed nw across the northern half of the region. sort of southend/chelmsford/milton keynes/northampton is the rough line. sw of this, not much in the offing looking at current radar analysis.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Just come back from a taxi run to Farnborough airport,man it was snowing hard up there with huge flakes £2 size,much bigger than 50p ones.