Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 23/03/13 08z ------->

A.J

Posted

Light snow in Nottingham.. Bo ten centimetres and looks amazing. Temperature peaked at 0.7 degrees centigrade, and is now down to 0.3. More snow expected this evening and tonight; I am not sure that the east midlands will be getting pasted but expect a centimetre or two of snow in addition to what we already have. Areas north of here might do much better as is often the case, as well as the derbyshire peaks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Latest NMM Hi res.model -courtesy of NW Extra shows some further accumulations quite widely across the region tonight 2-5cm by 06z Sun-probably more higher up.

post-2026-0-65875400-1364060590_thumb.pn

The last of the frontal systems looks like dying in-situ across the midlands tomorrow as the cold easterly winds spread down across the UK after the weekend snowfall=fax at t24hrs and the UKMO uppers at T72hrs.

post-2026-0-20542400-1364060880_thumb.gipost-2026-0-21505000-1364060894_thumb.gi

continuing to look look very cold by mid week.

By the way some amazing pics and vids from you guys especially those from the Peaks-good stuff -i think we will all remember this March cold spell and it`s not over yet it seems

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Thousands of flakes falling now, settling as the ground has frozen in the below zero temperatures. Starting to create a dusting. Just wish I could swap these pinhead sized flakes for less, bigger flakes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Are we forecast anymore significant snow over night or is that our lot for now ?

The answer is my post above,lol

Posted

Thousands of flakes falling now, settling as the ground has frozen in the below zero temperatures. Starting to create a dusting. Just wish I could swap these pinhead sized flakes for less, bigger flakes.

Seems to take for ever moving from Leicester to here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Just been looking at the radar and that big lump of PPN is defo east to west and heading our way, as darkness sets in its time to get that chair infront of the window for my fav sport of lamp post watching, should be in the winter olympics next time round...

Posted

Lots of tiny flakes coming down still. Looking at the radar, we still have more to come. However, looking unlikely that we can access that heavier stuff over the East Midlands.

Posted

Just been looking at the radar and that big lump of PPN is defo east to west and heading our way, as darkness sets in its time to get that chair infront of the window for my fav sport of lamp post watching, should be in the winter olympics next time round...

Where are you?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

been snowing heavily again for the past few hours and it is settling in areas that had turned to slush earlier. we must have a good 5 inches cover now. i really didn't expect the snow to fall for this long (20 hours now) and still have such intensity when it was forecast to be lighter now. temp is also plummeted now and just below freezing. it looks amazing outside and everywhere is white. absolutely amazing 24 hours and still not the end by the looks of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

All the surfaces that had seen the snow melt away completely (paths) are now being recovered again. Happened over the last hour or so as the temps have dropped enough :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Where are you?

Brassington peak district

Posted

The stuff over in the east looks to be heading this way. I wonder if it will remain its intensity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Am I reading those charts correctly - minus 12 upper air temps?????

Bish

For when?

Right now they've dropped to ~-6C I think

Edited by weatherguy

Posted

Just wet pavements here in Newark unfortunately, perhaps a cm or two on grass and other favored surfaces.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Snow's sticking here for the time being as the temperature goes down, currently -0.8oC and falling.

Posted

What a day...counting last night 18-20 hours continues snowfall...most of it has been light/moderate but enough to give 7-10 cm bang in the middle of the city. Would have been carnage if it fell as moderate-heavy.

Posted

Settling everywhere again now. I'm not so bothered about it now so it's not a surprise it's now all settling lol. Really cold outside and I have to walk a mile soon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold cold cold!!

Looking at raintoday the ppn is definitely heading east to west..it's not going any further north than the Wash which means its going to pile in to the Midlands and give us all a nice surprise. If anything it has intensified over the last half hour!!!