Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern Regional Discussion 27/03/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted

Found some snow over the higher parts of Gloucestershire today on route to Stratford Upon Avon and a few graupel flurries while we were there. The most surprising aspect was the canal being frozen at midday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

The paris hotel in't bad either.drinks.gif

Should have come a few more miles to porthallow. Now that's where it's at blum.gif

Yep nipped in there for a pint yesterday in all that rain and wind and back down today after a decent walk. Plenty of emmits about mind. Its a road so why stand in it take a photo and then wonder why a car is honking the horn at you! Tis the season I guess. Back up over the bridge now hoping to get a decent day out on the bike tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Yep nipped in there for a pint yesterday in all that rain and wind and back down today after a decent walk. Plenty of emmits about mind. Its a road so why stand in it take a photo and then wonder why a car is honking the horn at you! Tis the season I guess. Back up over the bridge now hoping to get a decent day out on the bike tomorrow.

They stand in it because they cant drive on it.

Ever tried to get an emmit to reverse. Dont,it's not worth itspiteful.gif

Posted

Yuck. Quick look at the charts seemingly shows another 10 days of cold and below average conditions. Grim.

ECM out to 10 days shows the upper temps below freezing, not conducive to warm spring like weather

http://images.meteociel.fr/im/7517/ECM0-240_ecr7.GIF

Posted

They stand in it because they cant drive on it.

Ever tried to get an emmit to reverse. Dont,it's not worth itspiteful.gif

Ha Ha. Well today one was actually walking down the road backwards heading in my direction totally unaware that I was driving towards her. I'm sure they leave their common sense in Surrey.

Edited by festivalking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Yuck. Quick look at the charts seemingly shows another 10 days of cold and below average conditions. Grim.

ECM out to 10 days shows the upper temps below freezing, not conducive to warm spring like weather

http://images.meteoc...M0-240_ecr7.GIF

Does look like we might lose these east winds eventually which for down here,is a big dealsmile.png

Posted

Does look like we might lose these east winds eventually which for down here,is a big dealsmile.png

That would help getting out the wind today you really felt the warmth, so with the winds dropping it will make the place feel less cold, still not proper spring but an improvement. good.gif

Posted

I just left the pub with mates and one mate said, "It's quite mild out tonight." The car temp read 4.5c... ;) I think this just about sums up our weather atm.

When I get off that plane on Tuesday it's going to feel like a heatwave at a scorching 16c. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

EASTER SUNDAY: Happy Easter fellow South Westerners and Channel Islanders!

64 Followers @kernowweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Good morning and happy Easter everyone. A beautiful blue sky here this morning with a slight frost. Nice to see

Posted

Slightly too far west/south for a decent frost like most of the whole season (too cloudy/breezy in the night), but a lovely sunny start :)

EASTER SUNDAY: Happy Easter fellow South Westerners and Channel Islanders!

Channel Islands Forecast:

http://cornwallweath...ands/4573977985

64 Followers @kernowweather

Great site by the way if I haven't said already, though for some reason Google Chrome on my laptop thinks it's in Polish laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold!!

Abit cloudy this morning in SouthEast Cornwall. Still chilly and dry, so not all bad.

I just left the pub with mates and one mate said, "It's quite mild out tonight." The car temp read 4.5c... tease.gif I think this just about sums up our weather atm.

When I get off that plane on Tuesday it's going to feel like a heatwave at a scorching 16c. biggrin.png

Forecast for you next week

Posted

Forecast for you next week

Awww thanks. I hope it is, but anything in double figures is going to feel hot after the last 6 months of weather that we have had. biggrin.png

Happy Easter everyone. :)

It's a lovely sunny day here, hopefully today heralds the start of something warmer for us all. X

Edited by dancing daisy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

It looks stunning outside, blue skies and sunshine but its all wasted by the cold air. Looks like the wind will be even colder tomorrow. Might have to jump into Dancing daisy's suitcase.

Posted

Cloudy and colder here today. Shame got a taste of the sunshine yesterday. Try for a bikeride tomorrow me thinks. A sunday roast round the out-laws beckons!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning everyone, Happy Easter!

My white Easter prediction is bust but I can't say I'm sorry. It's a glorious day here, albeit a bit on the chilly side, I'll forgive the biting wind as today it's accompanied by wall to wall sunshine.

Absolutely froze yesterday though, up on Salisbury Plain there's an old village, or rather remnants of one which were taken over by the MOD back during WW11. A couple of times a year it's open for visitors so went to have a look, it's really quite eerie. The grey skies, no sign of life in the grass and trees coupled with dead tanks littering the skyline made for a surreal experience. My was it cold up on the Plain!

Posted

Well, just took my monthly gas and elec readings. Looked at Feb's usage and March has seen no difference. Normally i'd be looking at cheaper bill in March. Energy co.s must be rubbing their hands in glee!

Be good to see warmer temps now, for sure.

Posted

Gorgeous here today, lots of sunshine again drinks.gif 8C at the mo after a min of 1C.

Posted

Absolutely froze yesterday though, up on Salisbury Plain there's an old village, or rather remnants of one which were taken over by the MOD back during WW11. A couple of times a year it's open for visitors so went to have a look, it's really quite eerie. The grey skies, no sign of life in the grass and trees coupled with dead tanks littering the skyline made for a surreal experience. My was it cold up on the Plain!

Imber is an amazing place, totally lost in time. As you drove towards it did you feel like you were in a different world with the barren scenery? Could almost sit in the garden today were it not for the occasional nagging breeze and small cumulus clouds covering he sun that seem to occur at the same time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

Different story today, cold grey and drizzly. Current temp 4.7C. Yesterday was clear blue skies!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Well I shall be roasting the lamb and not venturing out in the cold wind today .... Where did that lovely morning sunshine go!.

Well going to have a Easter Monday trip out to Exeter with my partner , I do like to get out of Cornwall when ever I can.

Well have a lovely Easter one and all and stay warm my good friends . :-)