Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 28th March 2013 22:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

I'm so confused someone tell me are we getting snow tonight or not I have only seen more snow symbols over this part of London on BBC hourly forecast once all winter when we got around 10cm in January yet bbc says dry and frosty on national forecast?! So different

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I'm so confused someone tell me are we getting snow tonight or not I have only seen more snow symbols over this part of London on BBC hourly forecast once all winter when we got around 10cm in January yet bbc says dry and frosty on national forecast?! So different

Me too Met Office saying heavy snow, though something brewing out to the east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Me too Met Office saying heavy snow, though something brewing out to the east

I'm literally slap bang in the middle between Lewisham greenwich and Blackheath-last time I checked Lewisham had more than Greenwich tomorrow morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

I am so confused as well. The BBC online forecast is saying snow for Ealing tomorrow morning but I haven't heard anything mentioned and it hasn't really appeared on the computer models. I guess the radar is the best tool right now!

Posted

I'm literally slap bang in the middle between Lewisham greenwich and Blackheath-last time I checked Lewisham had more than Greenwich tomorrow morning

Best to keep watching the radar I guess

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Nothing showing on the radar? So I'd say it will be a dry night?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Hi all

Another day of staggeringly beautiful weather in North Pembs/Ceredigion. We sat on south west facing rocks on Penbryn, sheltered from the Easterly and it was (and I hesitate to use this word) warm. Car was reading 9c at one point and not just after sitting in the sun. Hard frost first thing but lots of solar-inspired warming up. Still justifiably lighting the fire of an evening.

Looks like being dry here the whole week, wind picking up next few days but we have, between us all, been here for decades so can pick the sheltered beaches and the pubs with west facing beer gardens!

Today's shot of busy Penbryn:

post-3098-0-12967900-1364760820_thumb.jp

AS

Beautiful place, me and my wife had our 1st holiday at Cenarth holiday park in 2006, great beaches too without the crowds.

Posted

Is strange - the met has Twivkenham down for light snow from 4-10am ? Puzzled by that - wilm probably change next hour

Posted

Sleet or snow falling here in Lewisham/Greenwich can't make out which its tiny grains

Posted

Convective ppn is picking up off the North Sea and intensifying along the Thames Estuary yahoo.gif

This looks very interesting as the ppn will produce snow showers further inland clap.gif

Posted

Convective ppn is picking up off the North Sea and intensifying along the Thames Estuary yahoo.gif

This looks very interesting as the ppn will produce snow showers further inland clap.gif

Yet nothing mentioned on Tv forecasts-hopeless pellets of snow settling on cars only slight dusting so far

Posted

Yet nothing mentioned on Tv forecasts-hopeless pellets of snow settling on cars only slight dusting so far

Looks like unexpected convective ppn has picked up off the North Sea and intensifying along the Thames Estuary.

This is an awkward forecast to make, but who cares as it snowing here with a dusting on cars biggrin.pngyahoo.gifcold.gifclap.gif

Edited by yamkin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Looks like unexpected convective ppn has picked up off the North Sea and intensifying along the Thames Estuary.

This is an awkward forecast to make, but who cares as it snowing here with a dusting on cars biggrin.pngyahoo.gifcold.gifclap.gif

Do you think anything heavier then this very light ppn will come along?

Posted

Do you think anything heavier then this very light ppn will come along?

Hard to say at this point as as the convection at this time of the year usually better during daylight hours.

Edited by yamkin

Posted

A dusting of snow on the cars in Dartford this morning. Bit unexpected.

Same here in Crystal Palace - a little snow on the cars and roofs. Not an April fool either!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Morning all,Can confirm very light snow flurry atm.

0°C Feels Like: -4° Wind Chill: -4° Ceiling: 4000 Heat Index: 0° Visibility: 6mi Dew Point: -2° Wind: 10mph Humidity: 87% Direction: 50° (NE) Pressure: 29.85" Gusts: NA

Posted

Don't know if we are doing the right thing today, but off to beautiful Broadstairs for what I would think will be a bracing walk, probably have chips in our hand as well.

Any thoughts for the weather in Brighton tomorrow around 7:30 to 10 in the evening, hoping for a good evening of entertainment and fun.