Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 28th March 2013 22:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Go to 'more reply options', click 'browse', select the pic you want to upload from your computer, then click 'attach this file' and then click 'add to post' to wherever you want to place it in your post smile.png

It wasn't too long ago I asked the same question myself on here - hope that helpssmile.png

Yes 6th April 2008 was the day that my tupperware suddenly took on an extra use for collecting some late snow

Thanks Tamara......You and your tupperware - Makes me smile LOL

Posted

It looke so promising this morning with all the precip around in the channel. Who was it that killed the blob

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It looke so promising this morning with all the precip around in the channel. Who was it that killed the blob

Steve McQueen...rofl.gif

Posted

Sorry Peeps and Mods just having a practise at uploading a photo to the thread....Please feel free to delete if not in keeping with topic x Bedfont Country park nr Heathrow unexpected snowfall Sunday 6th April 2008 post-2065-0-93494700-1364650278_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I wonder when the last snowfall of this year will be? It could be notably late.

I remember flakes of snow in primary school in early May 1979 and can remember a heavy snow shower in late April sometime in the late 80's - no accumulations. I know it snowed in places in early June 1975, but I'm pretty sure it didn't where I lived (although I was very young and it's possible I just didn't notice it)

Edited by Steve C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Just had a snow shower.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Not about weather, just putting this in here for anyone with an interest in space.

It's an article about the Messier 77 Galaxy.

At almost double the size of the Milky Way, we now know it is a barred spiral galaxy. According to spectral analysis, Messier 77 has very broad emission lines, indicating that giant gas clouds are rapidly moving out of this galaxy’s core, at several hundreds of kilometers per second. This makes M77 a Seyfert Type II galaxy – one with an expanding core of starbirth. In itself, that’s quite unique considering the amount of energy needed to expand at that rate and further investigations found a 12 light-year diameter, point-like radio source at its core enveloped in a 100 light year swath of interstellar matter. A miniature quasar? Perhaps… But whatever it is has a measurement of 15 million solar masses!

Read more: http://www.universetoday.com/101054/hubble-highlights-messier-77/#ixzz2P1ufJQ9C

Posted

Not about weather, just putting this in here for anyone with an interest in space.

It's an article about the Messier 77 Galaxy.

At almost double the size of the Milky Way, we now know it is a barred spiral galaxy. According to spectral analysis, Messier 77 has very broad emission lines, indicating that giant gas clouds are rapidly moving out of this galaxy’s core, at several hundreds of kilometers per second. This makes M77 a Seyfert Type II galaxy – one with an expanding core of starbirth. In itself, that’s quite unique considering the amount of energy needed to expand at that rate and further investigations found a 12 light-year diameter, point-like radio source at its core enveloped in a 100 light year swath of interstellar matter. A miniature quasar? Perhaps… But whatever it is has a measurement of 15 million solar masses!

Read more: http://www.universet.../#ixzz2P1ufJQ9C

Hey Alexis I have liked this even though it will take me a light year to understand it acute.gif

Posted

One to watch out for next week

If we see snow falling in the region, that will be 7 consecutive months with snow falling (the first snowfalls reported back in October). That is bound to have happened in the past, but I most certainly wasn't around to experience it

Extraordinary. Welcome to the postmodern winter...

SK

EDIT: Heavy snow shower here in the last half an hour too!

Edited by snowking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Had a 5 minute powershower with some snow settling on the grass, temperature dropped from 4.2c down to 1.3C, a whole 3 degree drop in 5 minutes, stunning stuff!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just had a very heavy sleet shower, but shown as rain on the radar. And an hour or so ago had one of graupel. But it was snowing lightly but properly at 8 am when I got up this morning.

Dewpoint's —3ºC and T850s are —8ºC so plenty cold enough if we get some more precip this evening for a White Easter Day.

Posted

Snowing lightly here biggrin.png

Edited by yamkin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Just had a short blast of heavy graupel. Too warm to lie, but who knows what this evening will bring?

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

I wonder when the last snowfall of this year will be? It could be notably late.

I remember flakes of snow in primary school in early May 1979 and can remember a heavy snow shower in late April sometime in the late 80's - no accumulations. I know it snowed in places in early June 1975, but I'm pretty sure it didn't where I lived (although I was very young and it's possible I just didn't notice it)

Has to be May!

Posted

Moderate snow shower here. Temp once again dropped 3 degrees!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

Had some rain in my showers, some small pellets of Hail as well. Some pointless little flakes here and there. Zzzzz Anyway, the Arsenal are winning!

Posted

A shallow trough may develop precipitation across Eastern & Southern England leading to a long period of snowfall. Courtesy of the GFS

132-574.GIF?30-12

138-574.GIF?30-12

144-574.GIF?30-12

150-574.GIF?30-12

156-574.GIF?30-12

162-574.GIF?30-12

ECM also liking the idea of this, will be keeping an eye the next few days!!

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted

Think I am just going to give up and hibernate for the next month - snowfall and blizzards apparently on the horizon again on the MODS thread - planning anything at the moment seems just pointless when the weather is likely to jepordise any plans that need any kind of decent weather :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Think I am just going to give up and hibernate for the next month - snowfall and blizzards apparently on the horizon again on the MODS thread - planning anything at the moment seems just pointless when the weather is likely to jepordise any plans that need any kind of decent weather sad.png

Only we had this back in December!