Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland (Alba) Regional Discussion 21st May 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

The sun has made an appearance for the first time this weekend - skies cleared around Midday! 20c in a westerly breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Sunshine through a hazy cirrus veil giving the skies that white hue rather than the brilliant azure.

Gentle breeze nice to sit out in, not as stifling as Tuesday.

Bbq getting fired up again today, would be rude not to!

23.1ºC with a nice wee breeze. That's the BoyCatches packed off home after their summer holiday (Part 1) in the Borders. All gently tanned thanks to many days in the sun under a layer of factor 50.

We're heading off to London later where it won't be quite as nicely warm, more warm and 'oribble, although it doesn't look too hot thankfully.

The outlook is very good considering the dross we can get served up in summer. I appreciate it's not the best of weather for everyone but is it ever?

Posted

Turned into a nice sunny afternoon here. About 20C.

Posted

It's a lovely refreshing 18 here with a breeze. So much better! (Although the cool down is only brief which is a b****r)

Posted

Temperature rollercoaster continues here in NE Fife: 28.5c on Friday afternoon, just 15c yesterday pm, and 23c in good sunny spells right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Temperature rollercoaster continues here in NE Fife: 28.5c on Friday afternoon, just 15c yesterday pm, and 23c in good sunny spells right now.

That's Scotland for you, Hawsey...I was in Glenurquhart in 1995, and that was the only time I experienced 30C+ day after day after day (1976 excluded)...And, I tell you what, it was the best weather spell I have ever lived through!Posted Image

Edited by A Boy Named Sue

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Can't remember the last time we had it so good for so long. This is to extend into the week after next? Stunning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Can't remember the last time we had it so good for so long. This is to extend into the week after next? Stunning.

Just you enjoy it GB...A hot spell up there, with crystal blue skies, is a wonder to behold. It sure beats the hazy, white skies that the south of England often experiences!Posted Image 1989 was the same...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Was digging in the garden earlier. Ground is nearly bone dry down to the subsoil (~50-60 cm depth here) at least.

Put the sprinkler on again, mainly for the veg and berries. Lawn will like catching some as some areas are browning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, storm force winds

Another poor day today, mainly overcast with mist and occasional rain or drizzle. Max temp = 12.8C. Currently 10.8C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Perfect Summers day for me here. Clear skies, a max of 23.6C and a pleasant light breeze. More of the same will do me. The SE is welcome to the 30+C with high humidity.

Posted

Morning all.  temp roller coaster in Aberdeen too.  We were cooler on Saturday after lovely day Friday and on Sunday sun was out again and lovely and warm.  

Today looks great.  Rest of the week not bad either, depending on what forecast you read.  We will be susceptible to cloud here at times.  Off to France next week.  Been very warm there (Dordogne - mid to high 30's, well beyond my meting point).      

Enjoy!

Posted

Today is supposed to be nice but although it's already 17.6C it's quite windy here and there is thickish cloud...??

Posted

Breezy with sunny intervals this morning accentuating the dryness. Currently 17.2c. Won"t have to cut the lawns until we get rain again as they are all turning brown with only the deeper rooted clover in them still green. This applies to the grass fields on the farm too. This is not too much of a problem for the cattle as they lie most of the day and do not eat much. In spite of this they are thriving with great glossy summer coats. Spring barley still green too and grain rapidly filling as it races towards harvest. 

Edited by Northernlights

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Cracking day yesterday in Lochgelly, nice and warm with a strong breeze. best part of the day was the evening with mares tails againts a blue sky and just warm enough to sit out and enjoy a cup of tea whilst watching the potato's grow :)

Off to Donegal in ireland at the end of the month, would be too much to hope it will last past then :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Thick low cloud here and temp sitting at 15 - feels really cold after the last week's heat :(

Posted

must admit these next few days of cooler air are so refreshing! I know the heat's coming back but going to enjoy the temporary relief

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Remaining cool, misty and drizzly, current temp 10.8C

Ouch Hugh!Feeling yer pain.Big Innes

Posted

Bright and sunny in Aberdeen although there's plenty of cliud around. Car says 22.0C.

Posted

WSWlies deliver again: 23c with good sunny spells. Sorry to see some are missing out (especially in Shetland). I suspect

we may have haar problems again here later in the week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Cooler and cloudy here in Glasgow today. After the last week or so, and the 7 or 8 days that are predicted to come, I think I'll take it.