Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland (Alba) Regional Discussion 21st May 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

EDI Gogarbank from metegroup soared to 28.4, official Stevenson screen Meto Obs 28.7 for Strathallan. 

Stunning. 

Off to catch the sunset at queensferry hope they still sell ice cream doon there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

27 °C in the hoose, 23 °C ootside.

Whur's me tent. Am meltin.

Posted

Stunning drop in temperature as the wind swung to east with thick smoke like clouds rolling in.  Frankly I'm glad, it was too warm for me.

Posted

Clouded over in the afternoon here, with temps off a cliff as a consequence. However morning/lunchtime was glorious...pity I was in a bloody office!!! I don't know what Aberdeen's max was today, but I think it would have been lunchtime - when I stepped outside it did feel a bit like an oven! My guess would be 25/26 degrees before the cloud spoiled it somewhat.

Posted

You can see the cloud ready to stream in can see it to the east and north) Thankfully tomorrow may be a little cooler!

Posted

I have watered my grass for the first time in 3 odd years, feels strange walking on ma grass and no squelch!

Took daughter to day 2 of Taekwon-Do grading and it was 25c at 10am in Alloa, and another 30 plus in my garden this afternoon. Off to Holland tomorrow, so looking forward to even warmer.

Edited by Cheggers

Posted

A perfect summer's day and the warmest since May last year with a high of 27C. It felt incredibly hot earlier in the afternoon so badminton and table tennis was left till much later in the evening. Recently it was a beautiful summer night but the wind has picked up and some clouds are making enrodes ahead of the cold front. The good news is that the forecast is for more delightful summer weather - especially Thursday and Friday. Let's all hope that this isn't the last of our summer  :p!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Well much cooler this morning but still pleasant enough to sit outside and watch my hens with a nice cuppa :) Lovely.

Looking forward to some nice warmth again maybe later thurs and Friday. What is the prognosis for the weekend and beyond?

Posted

Damp with some drizzle and sea fog this morning currently 13c. All yesterdays hay bales inside undercover last night so first batch secure and it smells wonderful this morning.

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Well much cooler this morning but still pleasant enough to sit outside and watch my hens with a nice cuppa Posted Image Lovely.

Looking forward to some nice warmth again maybe later thurs and Friday. What is the prognosis for the weekend and beyond?

Tea drinking Hens SO!

Big Innes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Tea drinking Hens SO!Big Innes

I have seena man eating chicken before but not a tea drinking hen, must be something to behold lol Must be the heat!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Well cycled in to work yesterday along route 76 from Dunfermline to Alloa, very pleasant. I then cycled to Dollar for my work and it was roasting, 28 by the time I arrived there. After work I cycled back home via the Fife coastal route through Culross and had a man size cold drink which didnt touch the sides. In the sun there out side of the pub it must have been over 30 degrees because of the shelter. Cracking day. It was also great watching the cloud coming in from the east with a wind change in the evening. I opened all the windows in the house and let the cool air blow trough and what relief!

Edited by tempestwatch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Afternoon Peeps! Ain't been on for ages, life just soooo busy! Been lovely up here, but a bit too hot for me, thankfully cooled down overnight, low cloud this morning, cleared to Big Blue Skies! Since the weather is dry I'd best get on with some weeding!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms*Snow*Gales

Hello

Ceiling of cloud here in lochmaben. No blue peeking through at all. I am grateful that it is a little cooler as felt rotten last night. Dug not as knackered, poor old man. Hope for a little break in clouds later with any luck. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Is that summer finished then?

Posted

Morning all, max temp was only 15.3c here yesterday so well below average. Hopefully the warmth and sun return today. Tomorrow should be better still over here with more of a westerly breeze.

Posted

morning all.  Not posted in ages.  Probably posts tends to be at times of notable weather (to me anyway, so i.e. snow or warm and sun).  For the NE then its been great.  Subtle wind shift make such a huge difference suddenly to temp and low cloud cover but for a change weather has been so nice for so long that not too worried when it is cooler or cloudier. Today seems back to sun, yesterday was cooler and cloudier, but sun broke out in the afternoon again.

Spoke to my bro in glasgow and sounds really warm and pleasant there.  

I love summer weather in summer, I think with age then I am possibly ashamed to say I now love summer sum more than winter snow.  There, I have said it.I am so happy for the kids to get this to coincide with holidays.  Brings back great memories...

Enjoy the weather all - the outlook looks reasonable for the month it seems, wee wibbles but generally high dominated from what I understand.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Up to about 21'C here already, no wind out there and doesn't look like there's going to be much wind to suppress temperatures today so could be a hot one!

Is that summer finished then?

No, there's a good few days to go. Under normal circumstances yesterday would have been classed as a cracking day, but in comparison to the previous days it seemed rubbish!!!

Edit: Temp currently 27.3ºC but it's on a yo-yo depending upon sunshine amounts, it was up at 28.2ºC about ten minutes ago :lol:

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

Getting a little cloudier here thankfully! Feeling a little less hot

Posted

Disappointingly cloudy here today, feeling cool too at 17c in the noticeable SEly breeze. Hopefully tomorrow we'll fare better!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, storm force winds

Top temp here today was 13.5C @ 1221 UTC. Currently 11.4C with mist & low cloud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

So bad that Shetland isn't sharing this lovely summer. It must be a fabulous place in the sun.