Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 21st June 2013 onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

This link is for Tamara. Francis Rossi and Rick Parfitt were the guests on Danny Bakers Radio5Live show this morning and it was a great listen. I really had no idea that Francis Rossi was actually one of the famous Rossi family of ice cream fame !!

Anyone else interested, here is the link, available for the next 7 days.Posted Image

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00mjjxr

Thanks for that - very kind of youPosted Image I'll have a listen a bit later this evening . I've just come in from several hours very enjoyable gardening and it has been a beautiful afternoonPosted Image  I'm sure it has been sunnier than they said it was going to be - and the great thing is that especially tomorrow, but also Monday look great as well. Time for a fragrant soapy bath and then think about dinner and some cold winePosted Image

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Just returned from the school fete and was rather pleasant and the ground had dried out from yesterdays rain, a rest now before tomorrows trip to Milton Keynes for the race for life as the wife and two daughters are running.  i must admit that it looks a little warm tomorrow for running.

It could be worse....I don't imagine anyone is running in death valley ......

post-10773-0-67750900-1372525090_thumb.j

I was just having a nice rest in the garden a bit earlier when the Red Arrows flew over Posted Image

Posted

This link is for Tamara. Francis Rossi and Rick Parfitt were the guests on Danny Bakers Radio5Live show this morning and it was a great listen. I really had no idea that Francis Rossi was actually one of the famous Rossi family of ice cream fame !!

Anyone else interested, here is the link, available for the next 7 days.Posted Image

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00mjjxr

didnt you know that?? suppose you havent seen the dvd then, think you be quite shocked at loads of other things as well, not only that francis rossi used to live around the corner from me!!  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Status-Quo-Hello-Access-Edition/dp/B008XIXX0A/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1372525622&sr=8-11&keywords=status+quo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Lovely day for a beer and sausage weekend at our local pub .

Was a nice relax afetr all the excitment latley.

Hope you all enjoying the weekend.x

I hear it's running late due to leaves on the rail and should be here on TuesdayPosted Image

Looks great, someone had fun making that bath and showerPosted Image

well its definatly a 'Lea' idea insnt it! lol

Posted

Thanks for that - very kind of youPosted Image I'll have a listen a bit later this evening . I've just come in from several hours very enjoyable gardening and it has been a beautiful afternoonPosted Image  I'm sure it has been sunnier than they said it was going to be - and the great thing is that especially tomorrow, but also Monday look great as well. Time for a fragrant soapy bath and then think about dinner and some cold winePosted Image

Your'e more than welcome Tamara. The Quo section is an hour into the programme.

It has certainly been a lot sunnier than I was expecting today, and all the better for it. Enjoy the evening. ( Rolling Stones live at Glastonbury on BBC later, just enjoyed watching Elvis Costello and its good to see the weather is being kind ).

Posted

didnt you know that?? suppose you havent seen the dvd then, think you be quite shocked at loads of other things as well, not only that francis rossi used to live around the corner from me!!  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Status-Quo-Hello-Access-Edition/dp/B008XIXX0A/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1372525622&sr=8-11&keywords=status+quo

No I really didn't know that, or the fact that Francis Rossi used to make lollies in the families small South London factory either !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Francis Rossi's Dad used to serve me ice cream outside my secondary school! Posted Image

A couple of the Quo lived next door to a very good friend of mine in East Dulwich.

Apparently Francis played Cornet, before taking up guitar.

Ok, I'll get my coat!

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

It could be worse....I don't imagine anyone is running in death valley ......

Posted Image17502_10151780262140466_1973226109_n.jpg

I was just having a nice rest in the garden a bit earlier when the Red Arrows flew over Posted Image

54ºC's High but not abnormal for Death Valley. We went right through it in an SUV 25 years ago. I was dreading it, but actually it wasn't too bad. The air con helped a lot and it's such a dry heat, but we were drinking GALLONS of water the whole time.

The best bit was when we pulled into this camp site beside the Colorado River. The water looked so inviting, we stripped off and waded in... but only got to knee depth - it was FREEZING! It had come straight off the Rockies and was unbearable. I think if we'd dived in we'd be dead from shock.

The Red Arrows flew over my garden too! Just after I'd finished digging a bed over to plant my French beans at the Bank Holiday — it was like a reward for getting them done. Thanks Guys.

Edited by Iceni

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

A couple of the Quo lived next door to a very good friend of mine in East Dulwich.Apparently Francis played Cornet, before taking up guitar.Ok, I'll get my coat!Tom.

My college friend Linda went out with the drummer in SQ, think he was called John or something.

Eyes down for "Ladies and Gentlemen... The Rolling Stones..."

OMG! Going to crack open a bottle of champagne for their set and pray someone films the second half for YouTube when Mick Taylor's on.

Edited by Iceni

Posted

A couple of the Quo lived next door to a very good friend of mine in East Dulwich.

Apparently Francis played Cornet, before taking up guitar.

Ok, I'll get my coat!

Tom.

Such a funny boy you are!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Some interesting snippets from members this evening Posted Image . I should have been raised in SE London it seems *she sighs*Posted Image

The one thing, apart from him, that is on my mind now and I am craving for is ice-cream for surePosted Image But I haven't got anyPosted Image

With another sunny day tomorrow, that has to be on the list to buyPosted Image

Posted

My college friend Linda went out with the drummer in SQ, think he was called John or something.

Eyes down for "Ladies and Gentlemen... The Rolling Stones..."

OMG! Going to crack open a bottle of champagne for their set and pray someone films the second half for YouTube when Mick Taylor's on.

Hi Iceni

Just finished watching the Stones on BBC 2 HD, wildly good!  Managed to find the headphone socket on the TV and was delighted to find that the volume setting went up to 100.  Had it gone to 110 I would have been happier but I stayed at 100 throughout.  They played at least 2 tracks from my favourite album Let it Bleed,  the hour that we got on BBC doesn't allow me to know what else they played, but it's been recorded with a view to converting the children.  Keith on form, looking slightly older than in your profile photo, but then again don't we all....... 

Warm day ahead tomorrow, music, cricket, the odd beer, and heat, my sort of day.

AS

Posted

Hi Iceni

Just finished watching the Stones on BBC 2 HD, wildly good! 

Those old boys still rock don't they ??  It was a superb performance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Morning all :)

It was gorgeously sunny at 5.30am it really was! Now the dreaded bank of cloud has rolled in from the north so I guess that's that until it all mysteriously melts away at 6pm tonight. Pffft!!

Posted

What a lovely morning, warm already, sun out and the birds tweeting away. Finally feels like a proper summers day :)

Hope it's lovely too where ever you are today.

Posted

Brilliant morning today, just how all summer mornings should be, sun blazing, no wind. Feel sorry for my on call engineer, bet he won't be enjoying the heat. Took him 3 hours to get to a call out in Wimbledon yesterday.

Being the talk last night was about the quo and the stones, here's a snippet from our family history. My eldest brother Garry slept with Keith Richards, sounds more interesting than actually was, and it happened on many occasions, our family lived near to the Richards family and my mum worked with his mum at the local co-op in Dartford, one night during the blitz Dartford was taking a pounding and a bomb fell and lodged down the chimney of Keith's bedroom, in didn't explode but did a lot of damage. So he was taken a few houses along to where Garry was sleeping and put to bed with him, they where both very young less than a year old. Also when outside the co-op on day like today they would share a pram and sleep whilst there mums worked on the cheese counter.

Much later also meet Mick Jagger and Marie Ann Faithful during the infamous frozen mars bar trail, my cousin was great mates with him, and the press wouldn't leave them alone, so my uncle used to go up to the court and pick them up and bring them home for tea round my aunties house.

Small world.

Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted

Goooooooddddd Morningggggg! Posted Image

A stunning sunny Saturday looks like turning into a superb sunny Sunday  Posted Image and I thought yesterday already had all the elements that bring a huge grin to the face.

The coast - why be anywhere else?

Unless of course you're going to party!!!!!

post-6667-0-87138700-1372579138_thumb.jp  post-6667-0-96783300-1372579192_thumb.jp
post-6667-0-14124100-1372579278_thumb.jp

It's tough, but it looks like I've got to do more of it again today - happy days folks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin me little oven ready chickens. :) Pleasantly warm here in Ippy but cloudy. Dunno what the temp' is cos I haven't looked yet.

Hope you all have a lovely day with a little of what you fancy. :D

Posted

Hope you all have a lovely day with a little of what you fancy. Posted Image

Morning Grace!

I want to have a lot of what I fancy, in fact I might make a bit of a pig of myself!! Posted Image

Posted Image

Temps already creeping above 21°C and it looks set for a corker:

Posted Image

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Goooooooddddd Morningggggg! Posted Image

Coast, I admire your dedication and selflessness to commit your weekend, to such a strenuous task!

Looks great there on the beach too.

A stunning sunny Saturday looks like turning into a superb sunny Sunday Posted Image and I thought yesterday already had all the elements that bring a huge grin to the face.

29th June 2013 005.jpg 29th June 2013 009.jpg

29th June 2013 006.jpg

It's tough, but it looks like I've got to do more of it again today - happy days folks!

Posted

Goooooooddddd Morningggggg! Posted Image

A stunning sunny Saturday looks like turning into a superb sunny Sunday  Posted Image and I thought yesterday already had all the elements that bring a huge grin to the face.

I've never tried drinking the sparkly that way in the kitchenPosted Image Looks like a fun day was had Posted Image

It is another beautiful day and a rehearsal for what is to come later this week. More garden work and re-composting plants to do after tea and some late breakfastPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

So where has the 72% chance of a storm come from? Can't see anything on any chart that would suggest anything happening

Itth a Mythterwee...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very nice outside after a cloudy start, mainly sunny, moderate breeze and a temp of 19C already. Should be a hot one today :) Enjoy