Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 17th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

P.S. Mid level cirrus if there is such a thing to my my south and east but otherwise spotless blue skies!

Posted

Okay someone is having a laugh.  My radiator has just come on in the hallway.  I can't understand it.  My heating is turned off at the timer, my thermastat is at zero and yet my flippin' radiator clearly thinks it isn't quite warm enough.  Can't wait for for hubby to get home from work. 

have you got a tank for hot water?, when mine gets topped up one of my rads come on, ive been told apparently this is normal on the system I got?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I know it's off TROPIC but is this an upstairs rad? It will warm on older systems same as in my house if the hot water is on. You have to shut off the rad valves on all upstairs rads otherwise a demand for hot water will heat them.

Posted

To follow on from Coast, have you been running the hot water for a while, eg bath or shower as that can feed to the radiators if the diverter valve is stuck

There should be a manual override lever on the front of it (usually in the airing cupboard) if it is gas central heating - push it back fully one way and see what happens.

Posted

There should be a manual override lever on the front of it (usually in the airing cupboard) if it is gas central heating - push it back fully one way and see what happens.

post-10554-0-91534300-1374077107_thumb.j

Just joking :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

We have thunder!

Posted

People.....we have LIFT OFF here in north west London. A huge crack of thunder and frequent sferics being picked up on the radio.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

We have thunder!

People.....we have LIFT OFF here in north west London. A huge crack of thunder and frequent sferics being picked up on the radio.Posted Image

Sure it is not Chilly Milly's boiler?

Posted

:ph34r:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

holy smokes, do my eyes decieve me, or can I actually spot a couple of weather related posts in this thread recently?......Posted Image

thunderstorm near High Wycombe and looks like a second storm fireing to the far west of the region south of Reading near Fleet...

looks to be a nice seabreeze convergence zone developing over this region, stretching for Norfolk southwestwrds to Hants

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

still think it is the old boiler...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just got ack from Stratford to Warren Street on the underground, an extremely unpleasant, swelering experience. I now have the commute home to look forward to in a few minutes. The Greater Anglia train from Liverpool Street that I usually catch is left in the blazing sun with all the windows shut in sidings all day. Some nights it is difficult to breath properly when first entering the carriage and only a little relief after openng all the windows until the train picks up speed after about Benthnal Green. Oh the joys of commuting!

I am looking forward to arriving home this evening and sitting in the garden for a few minutes, then up to the allotment to do some watering.

Kind regards

Dave

Been there and bought the T-Shirt. You have my profound sympathies. At least this weather has persuaded my husband that when I come into a small legacy next year, we shall spend some of it on converting our garden pond into a modest DIY swimming pond. Like one of these...

http://www.inspirationgreen.com/natural-pools-swimming-ponds.html

We have to do something anyway as it's impossible to weed — and quite dangerous, as I get stuck in the mud at the bottom with the water at chest height.

Posted

Pretty sure it was thunder and I also spotted a CG, the rain core is small but the storm goes up sharp as anything.Not heard thunder for about 5 minutes now though.

Posted

holy smokes, do my eyes deceive me, or can I actually spot a couple of weather related posts in this thread recently?......Posted Image

Posted Image We are trying our best here, difficult with all the hot weather granted, but we are trying (some say I'm very trying... Posted Image )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Which way is it coming? Please please be north east.

Posted

Posted

Posted Image We are trying our best here, difficult with all the hot weather granted, but we are trying (some say I'm very trying... Posted Image )

not I (want my posts to stay where they are)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Old Fashioned Traditional Seasons

Storm clouds gathering to the north/northwest of Alton.

Rumbles of thunder.  Looking at radar this cell has formed in the last hour.

Posted

Lightning activity has picked up again.Just seen two simaltanious CG bolts (a long way away) and before that I heard one particualry violent clap of thunder.

Posted

Sorry about the off topic posts.  Hubby has wiggled a valve in the airing cupboard and it's gone off.  So you were all right, thank you for trying to help, I just didn't know what to wiggle.

So as you were. I hope the I get a huge crack or even a little rumble.  I'm too hot at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Some stormy skies all of a sudden here, definite convection going on, after 32C was reached earlier! Could do with a decent storm :)

Posted

Got a couple of towers ( hope that's the right terminology!) going up pretty quickly north of me, though a long way off.

CD