Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 17th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Kids break up next Wednesday so that will be the last nice day with six weeks of wind and rain to follow!

Posted

I have to say I feel extremely priveledged to have witnessed a thunderstorm kicking off very close by earlier this evening. The temperature reached 32c, and the clouds were building quite rapidly by late afternoon. It seems the cap was finally broken around 5pm in this region.

I had my trusty old mw radio on to hear the sferics, then booooom....a loud crack of thunder. I rushed outside with my cameras but didn't manage to catch one single bolt of lightening, but the radio was picking up lots of sferics, and the thunder was rumbling on for almost an hour. I'm happy with that Posted Image 

Posted

hi lottie

think we still will have decent weather but lose this oppressive heat

long way yet and my personal opinion is watch the jet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Slam surrey night jesus christ  I said one thing, an opinion..

I wouldn't worry too much about the naysayers opinions. We are not a big industrial economy anymore and this Summer, if it carries on, will be a major and much needed fillip to our economy (especially for tourism) imho. Posted Image

And I'm not a Tory, or any sort of right winger - I've never voted that way - but I just try to call it as I see now. Posted Image

Edited by Steve C

Posted

Posted Image

heat

Posted Image

wind

Posted Image

rain

seems a tad more agreement re 25th rain

temps hot to the 24th then a big difference on the 25th

so fi will be the 25th at present

Posted
CET: (Jul 1-16): 17.3°C (+1.0 degC) E&W Rain: (Jul 1-16): 4.9mm ( 14 per cent) E&W Sun: (Jul 1-16): 167.8hr (160 per cent)   © Philip Eden

first plus for quite a while

look at the rainfall only 14 per cent

certainly seen a bit of sun now Posted Image

Posted

A sure fire certainty of a changing weather pattern will be the attendance at the (so far) small Netweather gathering in Winterton (east Norfolk) next weekend

(10 days) - actually a sunny 21/22C would be a great change in the short term, before the lazy 27C+ evening, pub garden opportunities come back? 

I'm happy to arrange a walk / pub crawl of sorts, if people want to turn up for this? All invited. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

A sure fire certainty of a changing weather pattern will be the attendance at the (so far) small Netweather gathering in Winterton (east Norfolk) next weekend

(10 days) - actually a sunny 21/22C would be a great change in the short term, before the lazy 27C+ evening, pub garden opportunities come back? 

I'm happy to arrange a walk / pub crawl of sorts, if people want to turn up for this? All invited. Posted Image

I'm happy to walk down from Hermanus into the village for a drink at the Fisherman's Return and crawl back up the hill again a few hours later Posted Image

Posted

For those of you moaning about how hot it is.....

post-10773-0-04443200-1374104614_thumb.j

.....remember that day in January when it was freezing outside and you had to shovel snow and you mumbled to yourself, "I will not complain this summer when it's freaking hot". Yeah, well today was that day Posted Image 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, the low cloud is back. Not really even forecast to come in today. In fact the forecast suggests it will be clear until tomorrow night. Well that's wrong Posted Image

Posted

For those of you moaning about how hot it is.....

Or else look at the stats for somewhere that really is hot..Posted Image

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuwait_City

Posted

Morning all. :)

We have another blue sky day here (at the moment)

I've just had a quick look at the models and it looks like there will be plenty of opportunities for thunderstorms next week. In fact it all looks a bit messy after a few days. Hopefully the settled weather can reload. It'd be a pity if the holiday period ended up being another damp squib.

Posted

Morning all,

I'm either getting acclimatized or there seems to be a breath of fresh air in here this morning !

According to the Met O  we have now had 11 days with temperatures over 28 °C somewhere in the UK, making it the longest hot spell since 2006.

Heat-health warnings are in place in some regions of England:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/heat-health/

Posted

Morning all. Posted Image

We have another blue sky day here (at the moment)

I've just had a quick look at the models and it looks like there will be plenty of opportunities for thunderstorms next week. In fact it all looks a bit messy after a few days. Hopefully the settled weather can reload. It'd be a pity if the holiday period ended up being another damp squib.

nothing better then going out with a bang.. and anyway hoping it is a damp august,, keeps the noisy buggers indoors during holiday...humbug!!

Guest bjaykent

Morning all, this summer heat certainly gets people hot under the collar. I personally love a nice settled spell of summer weather and I’m sure it does the economy no harm at all (after all, it certainly needs some help at the moment).

With school holidays upon us I’m looking forward to some good usable days out and about as well as some valuable time in the garden, might even squeeze some work in too.Posted Image

At this time of year experiencing the weather is more important to me than analysing it, so I hope you all enjoy the summer months and I will see you all again in the Autumn, ready for another roller-coaster ride into winter.lPosted Image   

Posted

Morning all,

Feeling hot still in my office, however, there does seem to be more of a breeze out there today which is very welcome!

Here's hoping for a proper thundery breakdown next week 1980's style!

Posted

Morning all! Already 24.7c here and sky is clear.  I am loving this weather, but then I am not working at the moment so I can relax and enjoy it.  I do feel for those that have to work in it.

Also looking forward to the breakdown next week, if it's thundery. I hope it goes out with a bang.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Good morning from a grey and overcast Beccles...

Posted

Sorry if its already been said, but a met office weather warning for a bit of long awaited good summer temperatures?????

What the hell has this stupid nanny state little country become?

28-30 celcius is run of mill stuff for almost the entire world in summer away from Antarctica and Greenland. In lots of places thats a normal night time minimum. Get a grip please Meto/BBC.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Dreadful day, this is another forecasting fail. 

Posted

Dreadful day, this is another forecasting fail. 

Still clear skies here, further down the coast. I'm hoping my weather type will win this coastal battle. :)

Posted

Its the sea mist they forecast, only its lifted into low cloud.no fail there really.

Posted

Its the sea mist they forecast, only its lifted into low cloud.

no fail there really.

There is a difference between patchy mist burning off quickly and thick low cloud penetrating 20-30 miles inland at least.

Posted Image

Screencap for todays forecast in Great Yarmouth, note the hours preceding this were also forecast to be sunny

Posted

There is a difference between patchy mist burning off quickly and thick low cloud penetrating 20-30 miles inland at least.

Posted Image

Screencap for todays forecast in Great Yarmouth, note the hours preceding this were also forecast to be sunny

Has it started clearing yet? 

Was pretty murky here earlier (6 miles from North coast or 12 miles from East Coast), cleared massively in the last 45 mins