Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 17th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Cooler feel to tonight but still 20C here, still a nice breeze :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

On another note... I got home from work, and my wife didn't tell me the water has been cut off, due to a leak somewhere nearby. So I had my weekly hair cut, and got in the shower for a cold cool down and no water, then she decides to tell me. Water won't be back on until the morning. So I now have to go to bed in this hot weather covered in the hair I could not get rid off. It's ichy in the coldest weather, looks like I will be very irritable in the morning...... Anyone fancy letting me borrow their shower, or even a hose down in the garden

Must be difficult for you especially during a heatwave, should they really not provide homes that are cut off from the tap with bottled water? I think they should do, what if someone can't get out to buy bottled water.

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

Posted Image

25th-26th is very messy

ecm ensembles

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

messy around that time as well

do more or less agree on the increase in precipitation though

off to noddy land

goodnight all Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Meoooow... it's to hot now where's my water bowl..

Posted Image

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

Another beautiful morning today, no wind, no cloud, just the sun rising, and the thought of 2 more interviews, and the worry of traveling round the M25 and the bigger worry of trying to think of an excuse which will allow me to escape the office at a sensible time and have a nice POETS (hope its Friday, not certain, but it feels right) if I got my day wrong, I earnt it, I deserved it so it will be a POETS day anyway. Think this heat might be getting to me :-)

Have a great day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all and happy Friday !

Beautiful start to the day here - I'm off out on a jolly today so the whole day is a POETS one for me - hope you all have a good one !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Not such an uncomfortable night just passed, compared to the last few nights, hint of a breeze through the bedroom window.

Late 20s/30c today, especially just to west of London. Slightly cooler east of London, with a bit of a NE breeze, just knocking those temps back a bit.

Heat building once again, plus an increase in humidity, during the early part of next week. GFS hinting at storms moving up from SW, overnight Weds into Thurs and temps dropping back to low 20s, by day.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Regards,

Tom. Posted Image

Posted

The weather here in Reigate, has been nothing short of incredible...

Reigate Grammer's weather station has peaked at 31.9c on the 16th... :)

I'm off to Tanzania in August for my sister's wedding and it is currently warmer here by a couple of degrees!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well it started nice today, but then the sea fog has rolled in. Posted Image

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Definitely more comfortable sleeping last night and not so warm this morning on the back of the house which gets the sun, thanks to a cool easterly breeze blowing through the open windows.

Looks like we may not see any rain until mid-week next week at the earliest maybe not until Thursday when GFS and ECM agree on bringing rain/showers/storms north across much of southern Britain. 

So a cooler weekend, but heat and humidity on the rise early next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well it started nice today, but then the sea fog has rolled in. Posted Image

Oh no...Sunny here still.

Posted

Cool enough last night to take the dog for his first decent walk in a while with a very pleasant cooling breeze that has continued through until this morning; the trees across campus are waving aplenty as I look out at blue sky with a very slight haze in the distance towards the M40, and the little school windmill definitely going some.

Graduation week next week, I think it will be a hot one, and possibly wet and stormy for those graduating Thursday/Friday. It is SO hot in the gowns and hats for the two-hour ceremony, hopefully the students get a bit of a cool-down before posing for their graduation photos after queuing for an hour in the sunshine.

Edited by Reefseeker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Writing this on phone again. IPad is now dead. :( I am going to be

lost without it and writing on this is a nightmare.

Very warm in Ippy with blue sky and a light breeze. :)

Hope you all have a good day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Lovely warm cooling breeze here tonight, a trip to Jaywick may be the best option for divorce celebrations as the sea-breeze picks up, before cool showery wet conditions make a welcome return later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Lovely warm cooling breeze here tonight, a trip to Jaywick may be the best option for divorce celebrations as the sea-breeze picks up, before cool showery wet conditions make a welcome return later.

lol I celebrated mine with a wonderful Ruby Murray...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

The weather here in Reigate, has been nothing short of incredible...

Reigate Grammer's weather station has peaked at 31.9c on the 16th... Posted Image

I'm off to Tanzania in August for my sister's wedding and it is currently warmer here by a couple of degrees!

Although Tanzania probably has higher humidity then we do here making it feel warmer.

im back down to 26c in my bedroom down from 29.3c so it was a good nights sleep for me.

Lets just hope some of the GFS charts actually come off for once and we get a good storm or two.

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Absolutely boiling in Ippy. We've now got the paddling pool out and fun is being had by all.

Ipad still wont charge so im now on a laptop and that's weird.Punctuation is NOT automatic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

lol I celebrated mine with a wonderful Ruby Murray...

its too hot for a Ruby murray, I will have to make do with an ertha kit Posted Image  Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Afternoon all. Posted Image

Lovely day here. 24/25C with very scattered fair weather cumulus and a refreshing breeze. Posted Image

I'm wondering now about how much cloud cover we'll see tomorrow? The high res model here has the north of our region having significant cloud, but further south the amount is insignificant. Here are example charts from 9:00, 13:00 and 17:00.

post-11059-0-13018700-1374238132_thumb.ppost-11059-0-76457100-1374237968_thumb.ppost-11059-0-06863400-1374238236_thumb.p

I personally think I'll see a fair amount of sunshine, as we don't seem to suffer here like Gt Yarmouth etc., once summer proper is here. Time, as ever, will tell though.

Posted

Good afternoon Regionairres. Is everybody happy ??!!

It's currently 28c here under clear blue skies with a nice breeze keeping things very pleasant overall. Low humidity certainly helps though that may change next week if I am reading things correctly ?  I really do struggle to interpret the charts so I'm very much reliant on the many knowledgable posters who thankfully post here on NW.

Have a good day folks. Posted Image

Posted

Afternoon all,

Not really much to report here with regards to the weather - still hot.  I must say, I was looking at the River Thames at lunch and thinking a swim in there was looking ever more appealing as the days of the heatwave go on Posted Image

Am looking forward to a couple of days respite this weekend with cooler temperates and hopefully a thundery break down next week (sorry Jan, Tamara and Tom!)

Posted

Afternoon all,

Not really much to report here with regards to the weather - still hot.  I must say, I was looking at the River Thames at lunch and thinking a swim in there was looking ever more appealing as the days of the heatwave go on Posted Image

Am looking forward to a couple of days respite this weekend with cooler temperates and hopefully a thundery break down next week (sorry Jan, Tamara and Tom!)

Reminds me of the days I would often swim in the Thames at Windsor. Probably not the brightest of ideas but it seemed like fun at the time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The sea fog is starting to make its move now, been just along the beach for most of the afternoon and actually it's been warm again. Those few sunny days have helped warm the sea up a bit.