Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 17th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

The sea fog is starting to make its move now, been just along the beach for most of the afternoon and actually it's been warm again. Those few sunny days have helped warm the sea up a bit.

Still very clear here, best visibility for several days.  No doubt Cromer is starting to see the fog as well, but it has to make it over the ridge :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Still very clear here, best visibility for several days.  No doubt Cromer is starting to see the fog as well, but it has to make it over the ridge :-)

Will it burn back tomorrow, though? That is the question...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Very quiet in here today .... Have you all got heat exhaustion ?

I've had a moovellous day in Lincolnshire ...

post-10773-0-46123600-1374255374_thumb.j

post-10773-0-54747800-1374255435_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Good evening campers!

Been a very pleasant day here today, its been very warm with literally no cloud and that breeze has made it feel very comfortable.

We had our 4th consecutive night of alfresco eating tonight, and the kids love it.

Hoping for more of the same this weekend, but hopefully not as hot as I'm getting back on the knowledge bike tomorrow, with all that gear one it can feel very unpleasant. If you see a bloke with a black helmet on with red detail, give me a wave and if I toot you I will stop for a chat. I will be in crystal palace / Sydenham area 😄

Posted

Very quiet in here today .... Have you all got heat exhaustion ?

I've had a moovellous day in Lincolnshire ...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Holy cow, the pictures are great 😉 I think everyone (except charltonkerry) are enjoying a very happy and early POETS day 😄

Posted

Will it burn back tomorrow, though? That is the question...

And the answer is a definite

maybe

First wisps of cloud crossing the face of the sun now, 21.5 here, in Norwich 90 mins ago was 25.5

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I  think today has been the best day of the current spell here. :)

It ended up being warm, with clear skies and a refreshing breeze. Pure bliss! And people can even water their gardens without recriminations too. Posted Image

Posted

I think today has been the best day of the current spell here. :)

It ended up being warm, with clear skies and a refreshing breeze. Pure bliss! And people can even water their gardens without recriminations too. Posted Image

Defo agree with that mate. It's been the best / most comfortable day. That's the perfect summer weather for me. Another 6 weeks of this, then bring on the autumn fog and frost and dazzling colours 😉 Edited by LeighD

Posted

Sorry. Quoted instead of edit

Edited by LeighD

Posted

Holy cow, the pictures are great I think everyone (except charltonkerry) are enjoying a very happy and early POETS day

I am really not normally a miserable person, just with my job I hate hot weather and with the M25 what chance I have got, not only that the wife works late on a Friday, and would you believe it, she didn't even have a nice iced gin and tonic waiting for me, when I arrived home, she can't imagine what's its like, having to seat in a luxury car with the air conditioning on and driving at less than 10mph to get home. When i queried the fact that the ice cold drink was not ready and in my hand as i stepped through the door, I really couldn't believe her attitude. Do you know she only had to walk home 2 miles, after working for 6 hours in a non air conditioned shop, I mean to say she did beat me home by at least 2 minutes. Do you think she really have grounds for divorce, my neighbours and the people opposite certainly heard her views on the subject, and from taking a pole it seems they agree.Only joking I made her one a g+t whilst she cooked the dinner, we been married for 35 years and hopefully we are as happy now as we where all those day ago.Beautiful evening, wind blowing the washing (I would offer to help her to do the ironing, but 35 years ago I burnt her bra and I been banned from ever ironing again, and i think I'm in enough trouble over the joking [honest I was] about the g+t) and what a magnificent blue sky. Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Another beautiful day with a high of 28.1C.

Posted

Lol CharltonKerry, my hubby also burnt my bra when he tried to iron it.  He is banned also.  I am sure it is a ruse you men try on.

Today has been just perfect.  If only every day could be like today. The first very pleasant dog walk across the fields, with the evening breeze and the sun slowly sinking behind the clouds.  

Posted

Charltonkerry and chilly milly's husband sound like major feminists to me, from the last postings! Posted Image

Posted
Lol CharltonKerry, my hubby also burnt my bra when he tried to iron it.  He is banned also.  I am sure it is a ruse you men try on.

Chilly milly is that how you got your username?

My father taught me that trick, he used it as well, along with dropping a plate on my first attempt of drying up :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The cack from the North Sea is here!

Posted

NMM 12z model still shows a reasonable (although not necessarily unbroken) amount of sunshine tomorrow for most of us and even extends the 'reasonable' area to most of the north of the region too. Here is the 14:00 graphic for tomorrow.

post-11059-0-29697900-1374264533_thumb.p

The BBC graphics imply that my area will be mostly cloudy, so it'll be interesting to see what happens. Posted Image

Personally, I'm none too fussed. I'll be on a 15 mile walk tomorrow from 8 o'clock (ish) I aim to be in the Sun public house in Dedham, when it opens at 11 a.m. and Manningtree Station for the journey home early in the afternoon. Cloudy weather is probably better for walking and sunshine for relaxing. Posted Image

I still think I'll see reasonable sunshine tomorrow, despite the BBC forecast.

Have a good weekend all, whatever you're doing.Posted Image

Posted

Evening all, another fine and very warm day here, though unlike recent days it stayed cloud-free throughout. Maximum temperature recorded was 28.3C.

Quite an impressive week temperature wise, three days reaching 30C+ (highest temp 31.7C on Wednesday), with the lowest max of 27C. A very dry month so far with only one day with rainfall, however that is likely to change as we enter the start of the new week, with hints of potentially heavy rain/thunderstorms. Been nearly 11 months since the last storm here, would be nice to see one!

Posted

fax time Posted Image

Posted Image

tomorrow

east to north east flow

best to say sunny intervals

temps around 24-28

breezy

Posted Image

sunday

a more south east flow

again sunny intervals

temps 26-28

and dry

Posted Image

monday

a more south east flow

should be mainly sunny and feeling humid

very light winds

temps between 26-30 degrees

Posted Image

tuesday

a very weak variable flow

temps hot 28-30 degrees

very humid

sunny spells

TUESDAY NIGHT COULD SEE SOME STORMS POSSIBLE

Posted Image

wednesday

still looks pretty humid with storms

just holding off for now until a little closer

what happens after is tricky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Anyone have any idea if this potential Mcs will affect east Anglia next week?

Posted Image

None for you!

This range is pretty uncertain but im pretty sure the whole of the southern half of the UK may be in with a chance, including East Anglia.

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Today has been just perfect.  If only every day could be like today. The first very pleasant dog walk across the fields, with the evening breeze and the sun slowly sinking behind the clouds.  

I couldn't have put it better myself ......and I'm not only talking about the weather, I've just had the one of happiest 24 hours of my life Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It's clear here still, where's the low cloud Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Well, its the end of what has been a lovely week( putting aside yesterdays shenanighans on the road) and a chance for some really good social fun to enjoy with it it as well, plus the weekend weather looks great too. I must admit I'm not liking at all the prospects for next week, but hey ho, the weekend is to come first so one step at a timePosted Image