Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 17th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Look away now, my fellow Brontophobes, GFS develop an MCS over the Cherbourg Pen., which they then trundle NE, Tuesday night into Wednesday. Yuk! Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tom.

Ooof, look at that, straight in the neither regions!

Can we place an order for that now please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

I really do sympathise with anyone who has a genuine fear of thunderstorms, and I can well imagine you are dreading the next few days given the forecasts. Fingers crossed they miss you, but wish me luck seeking them out. Posted Image

Hi BB,

Well I can take avoiding action, anyway like to see someone with a passion for their subject. 

Meanwhile here's a little something from Feb 2009, to take my mind off the impending t/storms.

Anerley station, after the Thames streamer of 2nd Feb, that year.

Posted Image

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well, that's something.  I'd put a bait hive down right at the start of the spring, nothing in it until this evening, looks like a small cast, covering 3 frames, so now I have 4 hives :-)

No more swarming, so it seems to have done the trick. We'd got 2 supers so they should have had enough room, but the Queen got itchy feet. She's gone miles away to Brandon now, back home from whence she came. But one of the 2 QCs we left must have hatched as things look normal again.

Posted

Well looks like I'll have to put my headphones on and play this really loud. Dont mind this kind of stormy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h6rG5R7f_VA

Tom.

But before it gets Stormy, it gets Smooth...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXp413NynFk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I can't believe somebody just said to me "Did I just see 'for East Anglia follow junction 12' on the m25? I thought that's a country abroad? Slightly confused."  I shook my head in shame! *facepalm* moment.Feeling muggy out there after a chilly evening! I wonder is this is the first sign of things to come??

Posted

^^ And I thought I was confused !!  Definately muggy here this morning. 31c later anyone ?

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Incredible the Met O shows 34C  Monday!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Just for the books thought I better take a screen snap! in case it changes, that could become reality I hope this won't be that high totally mega for this country!!

post-11361-0-79701500-1374379387_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

mostly cloudy here in Hastings this morning but hopefully it will clear a bit later but not get too hot for wearing Pirate gear,

Have a fun Sunday folks !

Posted

Morning all,mostly cloudy here in Hastings this morning but hopefully it will clear a bit later but not get too hot for wearing Pirate gear,Have a fun Sunday folks !

morning   mk

drizzle wind blowing here in  suffolk just looked at the  models  f1 sugg our moonsoon  seasen  coming  next  thing  floods!!

Posted

Solid grey mass of cloud today feels like the humidity has risen over night and slight breeze.

Hope that's a mistake 34c would be extremely worrying. Sorry Tom only one sporting event for me today and that's the slow humiliation of the Aussies as a cricketing and a sporting nation, am I enjoying it, yes, and on the cricket front at least let it continue throughout the winter as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Solid grey mass of cloud today feels like the humidity has risen over night and slight breeze.

Hope that's a mistake 34c would be extremely worrying. Sorry Tom only one sporting event for me today and that's the slow humiliation of the Aussies as a cricketing and a sporting nation, am I enjoying it, yes, and on the cricket front at least let it continue throughout the winter as well.

Hi CK and morning all,

Yes sorry, big gaffe on my part. Can I wriggle out of that by saying from a betting pov the Open will be more popular at work today, ie England are 1/14-1/16 to win the Ashes Test, (too short for the great majority of putners to back), whereas the Open is indeed open, from a betting pov: Around 2/1 Lee Westwood, 9/4 Tiger Woods, 7/1 Adam Scott, Hunter Mahan 20/1 Bar.

My apologies CK, lets hope England continue their demolition of the Aussies in the Test.

So 34c expected in the London area tomorrow, that means with higher humidity Croydon will feel like a wet rag. Yuk!

Exact detail re. storms obv. bit hard to nail down at the mo. but perhaps some flirting with the south coast this evening. Then some homegrown development tomorrow, with the risk again in the overnight period, ditto Tues into Weds.

Off to work in a mo, after a great relaxing week, plenty of sunshine and some wonderful company. For now the pasty Croydon office look, is a thing of the past! Posted Image

Hope you all have a lovely day, whatever you're doing.

Tom. Posted Image

Edited by TomBR7

Posted

Solid grey mass of cloud today feels like the humidity has risen over night and slight breeze.Hope that's a mistake 34c would be extremely worrying. Sorry Tom only one sporting event for me today and that's the slow humiliation of the Aussies as a cricketing and a sporting nation, am I enjoying it, yes, and on the cricket front at least let it continue throughout the winter as well.

lets hope  its done before the storms  come!!

Posted

Hi CK and morning all,

Yes sorry, big gaffe on my part. Can I wriggle out of that by saying from a betting pov the Open will be more popular at work today, ie England are 1/14-1/16 to win the Ashes Test, (too short for the great majority of putners to back), whereas the Open is indeed open, from a betting pov: Around 2/1 Lee Westwood, 9/4 Tiger Woods, 7/1 Adam Scott, Hunter Mahan 20/1 Bar.

My apologies CK, lets hope England continue their demolition of the Aussies in the Test.

So 34c expected in the London area tomorrow, that means with higher humidity Croydon will feel like a wet rag. Yuk!

Exact detail re. storms obv. bit hard to nail down at the mo. but perhaps some flirting with the south coast. Then some homegrown development tomorrow, with the risk again in the overnight, ditto Tues into Weds.

Off to work in mo, after a great relaxing week, plenty of sunshine and some wonderful company. For now the pasty Croydon office look, is a thing of the past! Posted Image

Tom. Posted Image

My sister's family is back from the South of France on Tuesday - feel a bit sorry for her as we've had better weather here than them and it will be thundery cloudy and sticky when they get back.

BTW in view of the thunderstorms likely on Monday and Tuesday afternoon, here's some safety advice. Make sure your kids read it. When I was growing up this stuff was drilled into us, but now they're taught about poley bears and other rubbish, so might not know…

http://www.wildbackpacker.com/wilderness-survival/articles/surviving-a-lightning-storm/

Edited by Iceni

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Morning, another cloudy start and 18C, is the sun going to make an appearance today? Some possibly exciting weather this week! :)

Posted

No problem Tom, realised what you meant, must be plenty of money pouring onto the open, such a shame that the Lords test and the open should clash. Bet you must be looking forward to the football season kicking off early in a couple of weeks :-).

Is 34c likely outside the centre of London? If not what's the expected maximum temperature 32c? Not in office tomorrow and worried the girls may get overwhelmed with calls, engineers are bad enough, but get the girls moaning as well, well its just not worth thinking about is it?

Posted

Morning all!  It's a cloudy 19.3c here at the moment.  The one day when I don't have anything planned. Typical. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Hi all bit murky here in brentford land. Went out to feel the washing and its not totally dry.

Off to the ealing blues festival today, dr feelgood!! Hope sun comes out later for that..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

0927am bbc news 24 nina ridge just said poss up to 34 on Monday in south east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Hi CK and morning all,

Exact detail re. storms obv. bit hard to nail down at the mo. but perhaps some flirting with the south coast. Then some homegrown development tomorrow, with the risk again in the overnight, ditto Tues into Weds.

Off to work in mo, after a great relaxing week, plenty of sunshine and some wonderful company. For now the pasty Croydon office look, is a thing of the past! Posted Image

Tom. Posted Image

Thanks for your analysis! (not) ...Posted Image

As for this morning, it is quiet and very pleasant atm, before its gets stupid hot and humid thereafter. Have a fun Sunday allPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Good morning from a very grey, grotty Beccles...

Sun is trying to make an appearance here and the temperature now at 19.3, I am reading a humidity of 80% which confirms to the local station, it won't feel very nice later when it warms up.

Good morning from a very grey, grotty Beccles...

What about the weather, sorry I couldn't resist as Bedford is probably in the same leaguePosted Image

Posted

Morning :)

A much better start to the day than all that grot yesterday! Currently 21c and sunny. Dew point is on the rise too at 16.5c.

Really looking forward to the anticipation of some storms in the next few days! It's been a while..my hope is they'll be evening storms so I'm not have my attention half taken by work :D

Posted

BTW in view of the thunderstorms likely on Monday and Tuesday afternoon, here's some safety advice.

Make sure your kids read it. When I was growing up this stuff was drilled into us, but now all they're taught about is poley bears and other rubbish, so might not know…

http://www.wildbackpacker.com/wilderness-survival/articles/surviving-a-lightning-storm/

post-8078-0-50823200-1374397665_thumb.jp

Edited by Iceni

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each from a dull and ever so slightly chilly Ippy. :)

Very cloudy and miserable but wierd....as though the world is waiting for..........something. (You have to imagine Twilight Zone type music here :D )

Have a brilliant Sunday, folks whatever you have planned. :)