Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 17th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

*uff* Deep joyPosted Image Posted Image

Make hay while the sun shines *she thinks*... (even though it is rather cloudy atmPosted Image )

way hey!

oh not that then...

What dedication to the forum as I though MKSA was on the way to the seaside and we have the weather warnings posted, seems a long while since the last tine you has to post onePosted Image

i bought a new water butt from Argos yesterday which i reserved a few days ago, however in two days it increased in price by £4.00, so they must watch the weather forecastsPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Alert of Rain for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Medway, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Slough, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead & Wokingham.

Issued at:

1151 on Sat 20 Jul 2013

Valid from:

0000 on Tue 23 Jul 2013

Valid to:

2359 on Wed 24 Jul 2013

During this period, the risk of thunderstorms or longer spells of thundery rain, increases from the southwest. The main focus for severe weather will probably be clear of southwestern areas by the start of Wednesday, when the peak risk is still moving into parts of northern England.

The public should be aware of the risk of localised disruption to travel, and more generally to summer holiday activities.

Posted

Looking at my grass I think it could be turned into hay

yup, what is deemed "my lawn" looks that way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

What dedication to the forum as I though MKSA was on the way to the seaside and we have the weather warnings posted, seems a long while since the last tine you has to post onePosted Image

i bought a new water butt from Argos yesterday which i reserved a few days ago, however in two days it increased in price by £4.00, so they must watch the weather forecastsPosted Image

I have no problem with some welcome rain for the garden etcPosted Image Just not the 'wrong type of rain'Posted Image

Posted

What dedication to the forum as I though MKSA was on the way to the seaside and we have the weather warnings posted, seems a long while since the last tine you has to post one:good:

I'm on the A21 at the moment so I'm posting using my iPhone and before anyone asks no I'm not driving ! Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

I'm in the A21 at the moment so I'm posting using my iPhone and before anyone asks no I'm not driving !

I hope you mean *on* rather than *in*, unless you have upset someone recently?

*edit* and then you go update as I post...

Edited by Jax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

way hey!

oh not that then...

Forest Gump to you too!Posted Image

I think I had better deal with the fish. Have a nice afternoon allPosted Image

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Oh, please please let there be a BIG SC over us next week some time. :)

Posted

I hope you mean *on* rather than *in*, unless you have upset someone recently? *edit* and then you go update as I post...

I meant in the car on the road lolHaving a "nervous passenger" journey though having completed and passed my driver aware course this week I'm feeling super critical of everyone else's driving - I need to keep my thoughts to myself or I might be in trouble !

Posted

I meant in the car on the road lolHaving a "nervous passenger" journey though having completed and passed my driver aware course this week I'm feeling super critical of everyone else's driving - I need to keep my thoughts to myself or I might be in trouble !

Have a safe journey then :)

I meant in the car on the road lol

Having a "nervous passenger" journey though having completed and passed my driver aware course this week I'm feeling super critical of everyone else's driving - I need to keep my thoughts to myself or I might be in trouble

All we need now is for you to hook up a camera and we will have our own regional storm chaser ready for action later this weekPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

I'll eat a rotten egg if I don't get a good storm this week. Last time I had to eat my hat Posted Image

Hi Tom,

I will buy you a dozen sell-by-date expired, large ones, if both you and I miss the storms, in a few days time.

Got a lovely recipe for a rotten omelette! As the weathers been so warm, all served up in a Panama hat.

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Early this coming week looks very interesting indeed. 

Now Monday, forecast maps seem to want to develop something homegrown during the evening and send it over us NE overnight. With 30c plus on the cards and no lower than 20c at night, this could well be full of beans and produce something pretty spectacular if we're lucky!

Tuesday though is looking like the king! We see widespread home grown stuff developing, but also a big risk of a MCS or two moving up clobbering our region any time Tuesday lunchtime onwards tracking N/NE. We'll need more runs and have to give it time before we can nail it down as to when and how bad it will be. But the potential is most certainly there for some huge stuff. 36-37c over France will cause some explosive stuff, no doubt about it. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Hi Tom, I will buy you a dozen sell-by-date expired, large ones, if both you and I miss the storms, in a few days time. Got a lovely recipe for a rotten omelette! As the weathers been so warm, all served up in a Panama hat. Tom

I sincerely hope all these hats are ones with BIG PLUMES!!! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Thought this stoopid cloud would have burned back by now but it actually looks like its spreading! Was this forecast? Annoyed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Lots of cloud, occasional drizzle, but also some sunshine appearing from time to time, feels quite warm too. Better than expected really.

Posted

I sincerely hope all these hats are ones with BIG PLUMES!!! Posted Image

Posted Image Very good K but hope you dont mind me saying, was rather hoping them to be rather woolly, weak and inconsequential!

All joking aside, like to see the passion of you storm fans, I dont expect to get much support on here (notable exceptions of course, being the ladies from Sussex and Bromley) but if the storms come, I will still be online reading your reports, until it becomes time to hide and there's always Chislehurst Caves of course. Posted Image

Here is my family in the temporary accomodation deep in the Caves, supplied by Bromley Social Services, after flooding problems with our new property. So I have tried it out already and a great place to escape t/storms.

Posted Image

Tom.

Edited by TomBR7

Posted

Cloudy morning here, even got a bit cold out and about in the t-shirt and shorts, sun just trying to come through now but we're off out so will hope for a suntan catch-up at 5.30 when cloud should have burned off. Wish next week's storms could just hold off for a day or two longer, but very excited to know they're on their way... as much as we can ever be sure of anything in weather forecasting:/

Posted Image Very good K but hope you dont mind saying, was rather hoping them to be rather woolly, weak and inconsequential!

All joking aside, like to see the passion of you storm fans, I dont expect to get much support on here (notable exceptions of course, being the ladies from Sussex and Bromley) but if the storms come, I will still be online reading your reports, until it becomes time to hide and there's always Chislehurst Caves of course. Posted Image

Here is my family in the temporary accomodation deep in the Caves, supplied by Bromley Social Services, after flooding problems with our new property. So I have tried it out already and a great place to escape t/storms.

Posted Image

Tom.

Do hope the ghost didn't scare you; probably not as much as the thunderstorms anyway:) Edited by Reefseeker

Posted

Good afternoon all. What a contrast today, cloudy and just 20c. Have a good weekend whatever the weather

*uff* Deep joyPosted Image Posted Image

Make hay while the sun shines *she thinks*... (even though it is rather cloudy atmPosted Image )

The forecast for t******s***** next week was what I was referring to in my earlier post Tamara, when I said chin up ! 

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The sun's out peeps...Bugger, it's gone again.

Posted

Cloudy morning here, even got a bit cold out and about in the t-shirt and shorts, sun just trying to come through now but we're off out so will hope for a suntan catch-up at 5.30 when cloud should have burned off. Wish next week's storms could just hold off for a day or two longer, but very excited to know they're on their way... as much as we can ever be sure of anything in weather forecasting:/ Do hope the ghost didn't scare you; probably not as much as the thunderstorms anyway:)

Hi RS,

No, would probably go up to said ghost, introduce myself and become friends. No, my fear of storms is way greater than any other fear I have.

Tom.

Edited by TomBR7

Posted

Good afternoon all,

Very low cloud but much cooler today thankfully.

Looks like T.S,s are in the offing for next week. I hope you enjoy them, those that do Posted Image 

My dogs go mad in that weather so between them and me, should be interesting. A good weekend to all.