Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 17th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

A brand new thread to discuss the weather in our region during this interesting period

I know we tend to wander a little off topic at times, but can we please make sure we keep things respectful, polite and give consideration to others who may not share the same interests, views or opinions. :good:

So how hot is it now?

Posted Image

Our old thread is back here:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77241-south-east-east-anglia-regional-discussion-11th-july-2013-onwards/

I know we tend to wander a little off topic at times, but can we please make sure we keep things respectful, polite and give consideration to others who may not share the same interests, views or opinions. Posted Image

Posted Image

Our old thread is back here:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77241-south-east-east-anglia-regional-discussion-11th-july-2013-onwards/

I think you must be talking about the wifePosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Hey everyone im a bit late on here today, the clouds have been building nicely but I dont think they are building quick enough to break the cap.Just fyi, one way I have been keeping myself and the dogs cool is by freezing fruit and then slicing it up whilst still frozen and then eating it like a ice lollie not only does it lower core temperature but its delicious which isn't unheathly.

Posted

Out of work and phew is it hot?! Warmest day of the year for me, currently 28.2c. Not bad at all :)

Makes me want to play summer & heat related songs though..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Posted Image

In this heat that could be in real time!

Another hot day here, 29.1oC in the shed (was a bit higher earlier but sunshine is more hazy now).

And next week it could be hotter still by the looks of things and then more possible TS chances thrown in the mix I wonder?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Afternoon all,

From a hot and steamy Croydon, just came in to gloat and mock my colleagues, not working but had to pop in and pick up entries to a Fantasy Open Golf competition, that I run with a colleague.

Btw, the Snow Depth Cup thingy was a 3 way dead-heat, I do believe, between Lottiekent, Snow someone from Addington and someone else, sorry about the vagueness but it was a chaotic time back in Feb/March/April, what with the move, rough sleeping arrangements and other competitions I was running at the time.

Are we all up for a Snow Cup Competition next Winter? I promise that it wont be as shambolic as this one has been, hope to have a super-duper spreadsheet in operation by then.

Off to Orpington now, to visit my younger sister and my gorgeous little niece.

Hope you're all having a lovely afternoon, I am, mocking my colleagues and them slaving away in this heat! Posted Image

Regards,

Tom. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Very very hot here. Dunno about any of you guys, but today is the first day of this heatwave I'm struggling with the heat. Bring on the snow, and cool us all down I say 😃â„⛄

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Heathrow has done it, 32c making it the hottest day of the year so far. Still time for temps to climb more too.

Cambridge today has been giving the usual spot Heathrow a good run for money though, 30c there today and a lovely 29c here in Peterborough too.

Off for some sleep in a bit. This night shift should be a bit of a relief from the heat as I've been out in it all week so far. Not pleasant to work in!

Think the 'Siesta' rule should be enforced tbh!! :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Afternoon all,

From a hot and steamy Croydon, just came in to gloat and mock my colleagues, not working but had to pop in and pick up entries to a Fantasy Open Golf competition, that I run with a colleague.

Btw, the Snow Depth Cup thingy was a 3 way dead-heat, I do believe, between Lottiekent, Snow someone from Addington and someone else, sorry about the vagueness but it was a chaotic time back in Feb/March/April, what with the move, rough sleeping arrangements and other competitions I was running at the time.

Are we all up for a Snow Cup Competition next Winter? I promise that it wont be as shambolic as this one has been, hope to have a super-duper spreadsheet in operation by then.

Off to Orpington now, to visit my younger sister and my gorgeous little niece.

Hope you're all having a lovely afternoon, I am, mocking my colleagues and them slaving away in this heat! Posted Image

Regards,

Tom. Posted Image

cheers for all the effort with the snow cup Tom

Really was good fun

And appreciate all the effort you put in to it

Yeah I'm up for it next year mate

Posted

Think the 'Siesta' rule should be enforced tbh!! Posted Image

I like that thought and will try it out tomorrow!

Posted Image

Posted

When I worked in a factory for a boot and shoe manufacturer I suggested we start early and finish early (whole shift), everyone loved the idea, and we did that instead.

I would rather do that than take a break in the middle, that just IMHO makes your working day longer.

Posted

Yesssss.........just reached the big NINE OHHHH here.......32c/90f. Quite a bit of convection going on as well and I might be well placed for that if it does go bang later. Happy Days.

Posted

When I worked in a factory for a boot and shoe manufacturer I suggested we start early and finish early (whole shift), everyone loved the idea, and we did that instead.

I would rather do that than take a break in the middle, that just IMHO makes your working day longer.

Hell, flexible management.  Must have been about 20 years ago.  Nowadays you'd get  "Can't do that, "Elf and safety might be impacted"

Posted

30.7c from a weather station across from Garston train station at the moment, I live about two minutes away. Who knows how accurate it is though?

Posted

Hell, flexible management.  Must have been about 20 years ago.  Nowadays you'd get  "Can't do that, "Elf and safety might be impacted"

Been either office or office & shift based ever since then anyway, those days are sadly gone like you say, now it's "rules is rules" and tough.

(dammit, your right it was over 20 years ago, feeling old and creaky now)

I even managed to get the weekly hours changed, instead of 1 hr lunch made it 30 mins, made Mon-Thur longer and all outta there by 13:00 on a Friday, jeeze I had some good ideas in them day's.

30.7c from a weather station across from Garston train station at the moment, I live about two minutes away. Who knows how accurate it is though?

no idea, is that the Garston near Gt Yarmouth or is there another one?

Posted

no idea, is that the Garston near Gt Yarmouth or is there another one?

No, Garston in North Watford. About 2 miles south of where the M25 and the M1 meet.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=watford+

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted

No, Garston in North Watford. About 2 miles south of where the M25 and the M1 meet.

damn, should have known that ( the name was familiar but I could not remember why), shame on me I really should have remembered that, have rellies that rest there and used to live not far from there either (having a blonde day, a moment does it no justice)

Posted

Okay someone is having a laugh.  My radiator has just come on in the hallway.  I can't understand it.  My heating is turned off at the timer, my thermastat is at zero and yet my flippin' radiator clearly thinks it isn't quite warm enough.  Can't wait for for hubby to get home from work. 

Posted

Okay someone is having a laugh.  My radiator has just come on in the hallway.  I can't understand it.  My heating is turned off at the timer, my thermastat is at zero and yet my flippin' radiator clearly thinks it isn't quite warm enough.  Can't wait for for hubby to get home from work. 

how can it be warm if the boiler is off?

do you have the thermostatic valves on them (in the in feed side)?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Just got ack from Stratford to Warren Street on the underground, an extremely unpleasant, swelering experience. I now have the commute home to look forward to in a few minutes. The Greater Anglia train from Liverpool Street that I usually catch is left in the blazing sun with all the windows shut in sidings all day. Some nights it is difficult to breath properly when first entering the carriage and only a little relief after openng all the windows until the train picks up speed after about Benthnal Green. Oh the joys of commuting!

I am looking forward to arriving home this evening and sitting in the garden for a few minutes, then up to the allotment to do some watering.

Kind regards

Dave

Posted

how can it be warm if the boiler is off?

do you have the thermostatic valves on them (in the in feed side)?

I have thermostat valves on all  my radiators except this one.  All the valves on the other radiators are a zero.  My thermostat on the wall is at zero and I have a timer thingy in the airing cupboard, that controls the hot water and the heating.  The heating is set to off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

(I bet this reply goes to the top of the next page!!! I really hate that!)

Hi all, Temps/humidity here in sunny Basildon have been pretty constant over the last few days.

Sunday 32.6/55%

Monday 31.0./40%

Tuesday 32.0/40%

Today 30.5/35%

Loving the heat but the higher humidity levels can go swivel!!

Edit to add: Yeehah post 3 page 2 Posted Image

Edited by Wet'n'Dry

Posted

Try turning the isolator valve on the radiator on and off a few times to see if it re-seats itself and then check the settings on the controller/thermostat/timer :good: You could also give the divert valve a big thump to see if it stuck when you want it to give you just hot water?

(I bet this reply goes to the top of the next page!!! I really hate that!)

Bet it doesn't!