Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 17th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Good afternoon all,

Very low cloud but much cooler today thankfully.

Looks like T.S,s are in the offing for next week. I hope you enjoy them, those that do Posted Image

My dogs go mad in that weather so between them and me, should be interesting. A good weekend to all.

cant  wait for things to go bang mid week  to get wid  of this heat!!!

Posted

Sun came out for a little while in cloudy Dartford, now gone cloudy again, sitting here watching a very deflated Aussie team attempting to bowl, only 512 runs behind, do I feel sorry for them, of course not. Wish whoever having a BBQ would put a lid on it, the smell is exquisite, don't think it safe yet to request a g&t yet as I heard the dreaded arrival of the ironing board.

Stop press news Aussies just got Bell out, worse ball of the day and that's saying something.

Also stop stop press, Mel Smith passed away today, one of my comic heroes, and to make it worse was the same age as me, RIP Mel.

Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted

I hope you treated yourself to an ice cream at that little cabin on the sea front by the yacht club Ali.Posted Image

Well it did eventually reach a fairly respectable 24c here despite the near constant cloud cover, not too bad.

Edit: RIP Mel Smith, one of my favourite comedians. Thank you for the many laughs you gave me over the years.

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted

Hi all

At brandon for the week

Tuesday looks a tad stormy

Cannot do full fax updates but will do brief ones still

Hopefully get some photos next week

Talk later and enjoy your weekend

John

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Hi all from funky brentford isleworth borderlines. Much cooler today, enabled us to get some gardening done. When I say gardening, I mean picking up crispy leaves and hay type grass and sweeping up!! Saw the sun at brief interludes where it warmed up pleasantly, but the pesky clouds won't shift.

Our house still feels like an oven inside!

I think come Monday we will all be sleeping outside.

Cheers all, just having a cava with nuts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Anyone seen the latest charts?! 

Germans, its your turn to do the camwatching this week by the looks of it ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Anyone seen the latest charts?! Germans, its your turn to do the camwatching this week by the looks of it ;)

Good news is it? I watched one of those German cams a week or two ago wasnt it, amazing!

Posted

Lots of cloud, occasional drizzle, but also some sunshine appearing from time to time, feels quite warm too. Better than expected really.

I'd agree about feeling warmer, but it's been warm drizzle here of and on all day.

Radar has been useless, according to that no rain of any sort, whereas the road have been wet pretty much all day.

Off to check my bees now, hopefully the warm weather has produced some honey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I'd agree about feeling warmer, but it's been warm drizzle here of and on all day.

Radar has been useless, according to that no rain of any sort, whereas the road have been wet pretty much all day.

Off to check my bees now, hopefully the warm weather has produced some honey

The hot weather probably had something to do with my bees swarming last week... everything ended well as we'd anticipated them and put up a bait hive and they went there.

I'd better go and check them now and the other bait hive, so thanks for the reminder. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Good news is it? I watched one of those German cams a week or two ago wasnt it, amazing!

It sure was, but painful at the same time seeing Hamburg and Kiel having all that fierce lightning! Their turn should be this week, massive potential for some big storms here.

Posted

The hot weather probably had something to do with my bees swarming last week... everything ended well as we'd anticipated them and put up a bait hive and they went there.

I'd better go and check them now and the other bait hive, so thanks for the reminder. Posted Image

Well, that's something.  I'd put a bait hive down right at the start of the spring, nothing in it until this evening, looks like a small cast, covering 3 frames, so now I have 4 hives :-)

Posted

I posted over on the Convective/Storm risk thread but I will also ask here if that's ok with the mods. Apologies if not.

Given the potential in the coming days would anyone be interested in a possible storm chase in our region if conditions are favourable ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

I posted over on the Convective/Storm risk thread but I will also ask here if that's ok with the mods. Apologies if not.

Given the potential in the coming days would anyone be interested in a possible storm chase in our region if conditions are favourable ?

I would love to BB, But heaviest work period and staff holidays means no time off for me. Praying the storms are night time ones...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Here we go.....Posted Image .... Reading through the model thread, The breakdown starts next week, I guess its back to reality for August which probably means a complete washout and below average temps. I was hoping that this superb dry and hot theme would last a couple of more weeks, As  per usual kids break up ,the weather goes down the pan. I have to hope and pray that August 3rd is a nice sunny day. Its my daughters 10th Birthday, My family have a tradition that every 10Th Birthday year is a big event, I just think its a big excuse for a massive P!SS UP. Not complaining as they are good but because My daughters birthday is at the beginning of August . I have had to arrange bouncy castle,Buy a fast set 12ft pool,Do up all the bloody garden and still going. Why do I feel mother nature will give me Churchill reversed victory sign. 

Please Lord cut me some slack.....Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Feels rather chilly in the wind tonight!I have been finding all types of insects and animals that I wouldn't noramlly see because the weather has been soo nice!I have seen Ichneumon Wasps, blue Butterflies/more butterflies in general and a large colony of Summer Chafers which are flying round the cherry tree in my garden.

Really quite interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Feels rather chilly in the wind tonight!I have been finding all types of insects and animals that I wouldn't noramlly see because the weather has been soo nice!I have seen Ichneumon Wasps, blue Butterflies/more butterflies in general and a large colony of Summer Chafers which are flying round the cherry tree in my garden.Really quite interesting.

Seen those wasps too, lots of exotic looking insects have visited my allotment polytunnel these last few weeks. Some big, foreign looking wasps, loads of different butterflies, beetles and spiders. Been very interesting looking at them, even more so trying to free them from the tunnel :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Evening all,

Last few hours of my holiday ebbing away now and back to work tomorrow, main sporting event at the mo. is of course the Open Golf championship, so plenty going on there. Will Lee Westwood finally get his first major win?

Talking of which, spent a lovely afternoon watching the golf with my son Antony.

Here he is, with his sister Hayley, in Chislehurst but which looks suspiciously like Naples.

Posted Image

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomBR7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Good afternoon all,

Very low cloud but much cooler today thankfully.

Looks like T.S,s are in the offing for next week. I hope you enjoy them, those that do Posted Image

My dogs go mad in that weather so between them and me, should be interesting. A good weekend to all.

Hi Jan,  Mad dogs and Englishmen come to mind - but that proverb is supposed to apply to the midday sun, and we have seen plenty of that recently. If the storms are bad enough then I guess we could be troubled with midnight darkness insteadPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Well I never, it stayed cool and grey all day, comfy temps with it.

We have very (and it is a hint) light drizzle now here.

Posted

Look away now, my fellow Brontophobes, GFS develop an MCS over the Cherbourg Pen., which they then trundle NE, Tuesday night into Wednesday. Yuk! Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tom.

Edited by TomBR7

Posted

Well looks like I'll have to put my headphones on and play this really loud. Dont mind this kind of stormy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h6rG5R7f_VA

Tom.

Posted

Look away now, my fellow Brontophobes, GFS develop an MCS over the Cherbourg Pen., which they then trundle NE, Tuesday night into Wednesday. Yuk! Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tom.

Like the look of that. Looks like a good light show for Tuesday night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I am all good for a light show

Posted

I really do sympathise with anyone who has a genuine fear of thunderstorms, and I can well imagine you are dreading the next few days given the forecasts. Fingers crossed they miss you, but wish me luck seeking them out. Posted Image