Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 17th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Thanks for your analysis! (not) ...Posted Image

As for this morning, it is quiet and very pleasant atm, before its gets stupid hot and humid thereafter. Have a fun Sunday allPosted Image

Sorry Tamarina,

Lets hope we can perform the Great Escape again! Anyway back to work now, air-con on full blast, here in Croydon.

Tom.

Edited by TomBR7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all, remains overcast here too, but temp is not unpleasant @ 18.9oC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Another grey start here in Norwich. A bit annoying to been in a hot office all week with blue sky to find this weekend dull. Typical that Monday looks like to be a cracker of a day.On the storms front will this area really see any as the sea is so cold still and keep the storms further inland? To be honest no one really knows what is going to happen this week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. Posted Image

Grey and quiet here, although it should brighten fairly soon.

Definitely an interesting week of weather coming up. I might have a serious go at taking lightning photos, if an opportunity presents itself.

I'm also interested in how the rest of the Summer then follows. A wet and grotty August is not wanted by myself. I'd rather any prolonged wet weather held off until September, or later personally.

Edited by Steve C

Posted

GFS 6z going for a Kent clipper, this evening,

post-5986-0-66195900-1374399069_thumb.gipost-5986-0-13389400-1374399074_thumb.gipost-5986-0-34468000-1374399079_thumb.gi

High temperatures and dewpoints,

post-5986-0-92910000-1374399260_thumb.gipost-5986-0-08956100-1374399266_thumb.gi

associated with a plume,

post-5986-0-43228600-1374399298_thumb.gipost-5986-0-87343700-1374399303_thumb.gipost-5986-0-18253900-1374399311_thumb.gi

which is destabilising,

post-5986-0-86285100-1374399342_thumb.gi

Think there's going to be something for virtually everyone over the next three days!

Happy hunting

Posted Image

Edited by Sparkicle

Posted

overcast and drizzly here.. reminds me of a november morning.. hmm that reminds me, xmas shopping

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

All dressed up and ready for pirate day here in sunny Hastings....

post-10773-0-77827400-1374399567_thumb.j

...thankfully there is a nice sea breeze !

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Not the slightest indication of cloud clearing...Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

According to the Netweather Homepage nowcast, I'm enjoying sunny spells and 22C...if only that were the case...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Doing a family BBQ this afternoon, still cloudy here, warm but still it would be nice to see the sun. Posted Image

Posted

Hi all,

Still feeling cool in Bromley, but the cloud is breaking and lifting and the sun isn't far away.

Aaah bliss. Typing this and watching my son mow the lawn Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Still cloudy in Ippy but sun keeps trying to peek through. But it's muggy and I feel lethargic.:O

I'm trying not to get too excited about possible TSs ......have had so many let downs in the past. Let Nature take its course eh?

Good luck everyone. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I guess the only hope here for thunderstorms are french imports as the south easterly wind will likely keep the coasts clear of homegrown storms. Still with mid-twenties forecast here it will feel lovely if we get sunny skies instead of frequent thunderstorms :)

Posted

Hello All !

It's very cloudy here at the moment and it doesn't look as if that's going to change soon from looking out of the window. Very dull and boring this is.

Looked like that in Hendon until about a minute ago, and NOW at last blue and and sunny spells just popped through for 2 mins, but i see more on the way, definitely clearing slowly and slower than forecast from the south.  So you should see sun later on.  whether we get the heat looks possible from what those in the SE corner are reporting.  Just need a bit of sun

And just look at that heat down in France right now wafting its way up towards us

Edited by Swave Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

That heat down there is headed our way with added potential too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Hi all sun has broke thru here in last hour or so...and I can feel it getting warmer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Sunny here now. Cloud cleared from the south

Good luck for others to my north soon too.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Alert of Rain for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Medway, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Slough, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead & Wokingham

Yellow Alert of Rain for East of England :

Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton, Norfolk, Peterborough, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk & Thurrock

Issued at:

1149 on Sun 21 Jul 2013

Valid from:

0000 on Tue 23 Jul 2013

Valid to:

2359 on Wed 24 Jul 2013

During this period, all but some northwestern areas of the UK come under a much increased risk of seeing thunderstorms or longer spells of thundery rain, with some torrential downpours in places. The peak risk transfers northeastwards with time and will probably be clear of most southern and western areas of Britain by the start of Wednesday. This update to the Alert issued yesterday, includes areas as far north as southern Scotland; further updates are likely.

The public should be aware of the risk of localised disruption to travel, and more generally to summer holiday activities, due to (for example) surface water flooding.

An area of low pressure is expected to increasingly interact with the plume of hot, humid air resident across parts of southern Britain. Whilst preceding days will have seen relatively isolated thunderstorms, the developing set-up on Tuesday and Wednesday, provides the ingredients for more widespread and energetic storms. Large rainfall totals, falling in short periods (perhaps exceeding 50 mm in 3 hours) and onto hard-baked ground, may lead to flooding locally, with hail and gusty winds an additional possibility.

As is common in such situations, not everywhere will catch the heaviest of the storms, and some places may well escape altogether. The Alert intentionally covers a broad area at present, to cater for the uncertainties in the thundery focus, as signposted by various available computer model output. As such, further updates to the area are highly likely.

Edited by MKsnowangel