Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Risk Discussion - 21st July 2013 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Finally that grey stuff has shifted to leave hazy blue skies..

Bring it on..

(Hope I don't have to bring the anti east army out again >.<)

Edited by Kain

Posted

We had a storm maybe last Saturday, but it was pretty rubbish, with a few rumbles, no lightning and rain. Would have preferred to have stayed hot and sunny, like everywhere else in the country was that day.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Those AS CS clouds have now totally evaporated - it shows that there are pockets of increasing instability in what is a stable but slowly destabilising moist airmass. Worth watching anywhere in the bulk of the country because sometimes convergence zones can be wrongly forecast.

Can anyone possible supply a link to the latest satellite pic please because I don't have a link on this computer. Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

What type of storms tend to be the most violent? surface based or elevated? I just don't really know the difference between them.With the plumes in the 90's I always remember how loud the thunder was 'wardrobe shakers' we called them, hopefully we all get some of them bar the people who don't want them ;) 

Posted

NAE 12z accumulation charts show some very heavy rain across the spine of England i.e West, South, North Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire etc, but it's changing a lot from run to run.

Posted Image

That looks fantastic for here, but we'll have to wait and see...

Posted

Can anyone possible supply a link to the latest satellite pic please because I don't have a link on this computer. Thanks

Posted Image

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_vis.html

Nottingham 12z sounding looks about on the money:

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Jay Wynee has just been on BBC news didn't even mention Thunderstorms for the next 24 hours.Instead he mentioned thundery showers moving NE through the early hours and clearing in to the North Sea.They will be then be replaced by heavy thundery rain moving up from the south with the risk of local flooding through tomorrow.So not as enthusiastic as I was earlier today,but hey who knows!!.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Very humid and warm - small clouds starting to drift in. Feels like it's going to explode with thunderstorms at the moment.

Posted

We had a storm maybe last Saturday, but it was pretty rubbish, with a few rumbles, no lightning and rain. Would have preferred to have stayed hot and sunny, like everywhere else in the country was that day.

we also got a glancing blow from that storm, crowland area got the best of that one i think

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Where is this bang I was promised? Posted Image Posted Image

29c now though.

In all seriousness its much quieter than I expected. Might have to just rely on tonight here. 

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

just got this from the met office for the west midlands

West Midlands Headline:

Feeling hot and humid with an increasing risk of thunderstorms.

This Evening and Tonight:

Any isolated thunderstorms should die out during the evening, with most places having a dry end to the day with some sunshine. Continuing mainly dry overnight and feeling very warm and humid. Risk of further isolated thunderstorms towards dawn. Minimum Temperature 17 Â°C.

Tuesday:

Heavy, thundery downpours spreading from the south through the morning and persisting across many places areas into the afternoon. Only limited sunny spells, but feeling very warm and humid. Maximum Temperature 25 Â°C.

Updated: 1522 on Mon 22 Jul 2013

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

First signs of increasing mid level instability here in East Grinstead with a slowly developing Altocumulus Castellanus field

Can vouch for that, clouds starting to bubble.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Jay Wynee has just been on BBC news didn't even mention Thunderstorms for the next 24 hours.Instead he mentioned thundery showers moving NE through the early hours and clearing in to the North Sea.They will be then be replaced by heavy thundery rain moving up from the south with the risk of local flooding through tomorrow.So not as enthusiastic as I was earlier today,but hey who knows!!.

Depends on the forecaster. Jay Wynne often plays down potential whereas Tomasz Shaffernaker plays it up.

Looking at northern France as an idea of whats to come I can see things going bang big style.

Posted

Centre of London is oppresive right now. Like walking into a hairdryer. Yes its been hot for past week or so but today is another level altogether as far as humidity is concerned. It needs to go *pop* and soon ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

i know how u fiel gordon up untill last year i uce to love t-storms i don't mind the thundery showers but not the kind of storms they talking about on here. So i hope we mis most of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Posted Image

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_vis.html

Nottingham 12z sounding looks about on the money:

Posted Image

Thanks Robin. It is a pity that there is not something out there that is a little bit more zoomed in!

Posted

Is that thin line of rain that is approaching Truro going to expand into anything?  Could this be the instability that kick starts some storms later this evening?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Hi Folks. Thunderstorms are notoriously difficult to predict ,just like snow in winter! If your feeling disappointed now ,you may well feel elated later.!!!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

Centre of London is oppresive right now. Like walking into a hairdryer. Yes its been hot for past week or so but today is another level altogether as far as humidity is concerned. It needs to go *pop* and soon ...

are you on about the weather or Kate Middleton's Baby ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Depends on the forecaster. Jay Wynne often plays down potential whereas Tomasz Shaffernaker plays it up.Looking at northern France as an idea of whats to come I can see things going bang big style.

Are you going chasing Supacell,was thinking of going up to Alport Heights masts above Ambergate to get a decent view should anything develop later.

Posted

He is not a storm fan though, unlike the south wests very own Fergie.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Anyone else starting think 'damp squib'?Posted Image