Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Risk Discussion - 22nd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Convergence setting up around Manchester, this could be the expected storms forecasted on the METAR. I'm expecting rapid development around the Cheshire Plain into Derbyshire within the next hour or two.

Do you think this is a realistic possibility? I sure hope your right. :)

Posted

2 distant rumbles of thunder heard in the last 5 mins here in Northampton.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

What an evening for us Nottinghamshire folk! Its settling now, still raining though. Whats our chances for a repeat performance tomorrow??

Don't be greedy! Posted Image

Posted

Sporadic bursts of heavy rain lasting a few minutes. A few flashes of lightening and distant rumbles of thunder.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Small area of very heavy precipitation popped up to the south of MK in the last 10mins, friend just messaged me to say they had 5 mins of pea sized hail falling, no thunder or lightning as of yet but possibly a new cell springing into life from nowhere. Very strange outside too, winds picked up and i can see the moon illuminating huge thundery looking clouds to my south, 

Can now see huge flashes of lightning firing off to the north of MK towards northampton.

Edited by SnowJoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Saw some terrific fork lightning SE of here about half an hour or so ago. Absolutely brilliant to see it light up the night sky. I assume the other Chesterfield folk are complaining we haven't had a direct hit yet, but the night is young and you only had to look out the window earlier to see a good taster of what's to come over the next 36 hours :D

Posted

Sun has only just set here in Co. Limerick - could see some towers forming over Killarney way on the drive home, and some pileus (I think) over the West Limerick Hills, where I live. Very muggy and close, warmer than it was at 3pm today now by 10 degrees or so!  How can it get warmer when the sun goes own?

No work until 6pm again tomorrow so bring it on!

*tries not to read back through posts in case anybody said 'It's all dying off now'......*

Posted

There is lightning around Grantham currently, of the CG variety, but very infrequent, this time seems to be close by as we could see the lightning coming from the Nottingham cell before, but unfortunately missed that. Here's hoping for a loud and bright night ahead.

Posted

nothing really happening here, the cell to the west of me is still in it's infant stage, so nothing electrical yet. I'm interested in the ones still in the channel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks to be kicking off again in Wiltshire and environs. Also good interest approaching Devon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Is it me or did anyone else in Bristol just hear thunder?

Nothing from me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Sky keeps lighting up intermittently here every couple of minutes. Distant rumbles of thunder.

Definitely hearing faint thunder.

Something just flashed I swear.

Edited by interestingweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

xcweather.co.uk shows the setup nicely.

Thanks....any particular option?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Small area of very heavy precipitation popped up to the south of MK in the last 10mins, friend just messaged me to say they had 5 mins of pea sized hail falling, no thunder or lightning as of yet but possibly a new cell springing into life from nowhere. Very strange outside too, winds picked up and i can see the moon illuminating huge thundery looking clouds to my south,  Can now see huge flashes of lightning firing off to the north of MK towards northampton.

Yes suddenly a lot of beds now has precip showing on radar. Our lone orange pixel came over, bringing its 15 drops of rain!! Some heavier stuff up the road in bletchley. Best place for it ;-)