Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Risk Discussion - 22nd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

New cells south of Worcester. But I have little confidence despite some of the best conditions being here. Nothing can get going this side of Bham. Of course if this was on the other side it would be an MCS by now. What a joke. 

The SE never gets good storms anymore my ****! :lol:

Edited by Blizzards

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

New cells south of Worcester. But I have little confidence despite some of the best conditions being here. Nothing can get going this side of Bham. Of course if this was on the other side it would be an MCS by now. What a joke. The SE never gets good storms anymore my ****! :lol:

All I'm seeing r flashes in the distance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

If I could film this I would....the rain is so intense you can hardly see anything.

Lightning is incredible though....multiple return stroke beading CGs....this should be heading Essex way - if only the Sherminator was awake!!

Posted

Seems to be moving away from here now. Going NNE as far as I can tell. Any more behind it? Or is it safe to open the windows again ;-)

Posted

If I could film this I would....the rain is so intense you can hardly see anything.Lightning is incredible though....multiple return stroke beading CGs....this should be heading Essex way - if only the Sherminator was awake!!

sounds amazing- I'm watching from here - but I don't think the Kent ones will head this way will they ?

they are heading more N-N-E ? I think the London one is heading this way though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

If I could film this I would....the rain is so intense you can hardly see anything.Lightning is incredible though....multiple return stroke beading CGs....this should be heading Essex way - if only the Sherminator was awake!!

I can hear it, it literally exploded over me mate.  There's some organised stuff crossing the Channel now by the looks of things. going to get 30 minutes nap. Should be hear by then!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

How do you get such great lightning shots? I have a Nikon D5100 and this evening I had it on esposures between 5 seconds and 30 seconds and despite lightning appearing while the shutter was open, I got nothing Posted Image

Have you got a bulb setting? continues exposure for at least 1 min 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

What about that pushing through east Wales at the moment? It could possibly trigger something north of there as it progresses further north?

Might give it another hour but I'm getting tired and it'll start getting light after then anyway.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Guys I think we have a wall cloud, you can make it out with the brighter flashes! Best storm in years so far, amazing structure and booms

Posted

Frequent distant flashes here in Tunbridge Wells, just missed the best of it. Trees obscuring view east.

Posted

Lightning flashing every second now....it is insane!!! This is a surface based monster and that's no exaggeration....people in the path of this should be careful indeed!!! If you have any webcams in the area then watch them...absolutely epic!!!

Posted

Incredible evening, back in Northants the lightning show has been cracking on for a good couple of hours now. Best witnessed in a mighty long time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

The whole of the E Midlands down to the SE of England must be lighting up like a Christmas tree. Incredible. How do things forecast to affect the west always end up affecting the east?

Posted

Now flashing on average every half a second.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/ Snow

Storm is superb at moment here in goodmayes, ilford, essex

really picking up with hail and loads of lightning. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Well.... Oh my actual god! This is incredible, been going on for about an hour and a half and still everything is exploding! Lightning every 10-20 seconds, had a few big bangs here and there too, woooow as I speak, flash BANG!! 

Posted

We're in a lull here, frequent lightning to the north east, north, north west and now coming from the south. Great to watch.