IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 23rd July 2013 onwards

Coast

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Didn't think we would get any storms last night, sometimes you just have to look at the skies!

But Captain Shortwave reported brief T&L last night...

Definitely looked thundery here early in the afternoon yesterday and in fact quite heavy showers, although not thundery, did break out in my locality. By 5 o'clock, the sky was covered by cirrostratus here and the mid and high level dynamics had changed.

Posted

Morning all

It's a lovely English summer's day, though as I am stuck in the office at Harefield I'm not getting much chance to sample it, trying hard to get everything as straight as possible before 2 weeks holiday from Sunday, when I will definitely not be taking my work mobile, nor laptop.  If I can get a particular transaction over the line today, I might just start to be able to think properly about going away.

Hope all are having a good day

AS

Posted

It's still a way off and the Chief Forecasters guarded comments are worth noting:

Heavy showers or thunderstorms may affect at least some southeastern and eastern parts of England later on Saturday or during early Sunday.

The public should be aware of the risk of localised disruption to travel due to surface water flooding.  An area of heavy showers and thunderstorms developing over France during Saturday may move northwards to affect at least parts of eastern and southeastern England later on Saturday or early on Sunday. There is a chance that these showers and thunderstorms may also affect parts of southern and central England, but at this stage this aspect of the forecast is subject to a greater degree of uncertainty.

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Cooler today but thankfully still 21.8C so feels allright, sunny now from cloudy earlier on so the warm feel continues.

Posted

Certainly not cooler here, temp 24C with high humidity based upon need to remove sweat from trickling into eyes every few minutes.

Posted

Back to clear blue sky and sunshine here again, lovely and just before lunchtime - I'll get my bike out!

Posted

Still muggy here too. I think Norwich is still the hot spot at 25C. It looks like the long run of 80+ Fahrenheit temperatures is under threat now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Still muggy here too. I think Norwich is still the hot spot at 25C. It looks like the long run of 80+ Fahrenheit temperatures is under threat now.

Still got a few hours to push up to 27C, should be able to :)

Posted

Still got a few hours to push up to 27C, should be able to Posted Image

I hope so. I see Northolt has pushed on to 25C, or about a 3C rise, in an hour.

Edited by Steve C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Alert of Rain for London & South East England :

Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Greater London, Kent, Medway, Surrey & West Sussex

Yellow Alert of Rain for East of England :

Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk & Thurrock

Heavy showers or thunderstorms may affect at least some southeastern and eastern parts of England later on Saturday or during early Sunday.

The public should be aware of the risk of localised disruption to travel due to surface water flooding.  

Issued at:

1152 on Wed 24 Jul 2013

Valid from:

1800 on Sat 27 Jul 2013

Valid to:

0600 on Sun 28 Jul 2013

An area of heavy showers and thunderstorms developing over France during Saturday may move northwards to affect at least parts of eastern and southeastern England later on Saturday or early on Sunday. There is a chance that these showers and thunderstorms may also affect parts of southern and central England, but at this stage this aspect of the forecast is subject to a greater degree of uncertainty.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=uk&from=rss&sn=6A2E6DC5-CD21-172E-E3BE-104826A805BD_2_EE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&fcTime=1374879600

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

This is the July that keeps on giving, a glorious day in central London. Cavendish Square is packed and the sun is beating down! :)

post-9962-0-15663500-1374669459_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Can the Hastings shield withstand yet another test??Posted Image  *she asks speculating about the weekend*

Its a lovely day todayPosted Image Ideal temperature.... and none of that horrormidityPosted Image

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Oh what a beautiful mooorrrningggg....

A lovely start to the day, much fresher and bearable. Now what will hump day bring....Have a good un all.

Well for me it was breakfast in bed Posted Image  (just not in my bed Posted Image )

It's pretty much a perfect day in every way here, blue sky, warm sunshine, refreshing breeze....the list of positives is endless and then there is the weekend to look forward to....storms or not I can't wait Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I hope so. I see Northolt has pushed on to 25C, or about a 3C rise, in an hour.

26C at Heathrow, feels similar here, wind is offshore so no relief at the beach. Though an evil cirrus cloud has come over and blocked out the sun Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Well for me it was breakfast in bed Posted Image  (just not in my bed Posted Image )

It's pretty much a perfect day in every way here, blue sky, warm sunshine, refreshing breeze....the list of positives is endless and then there is the weekend to look forward to....storms or not I can't wait Posted Image

You saucy little minx Ali.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Has turned into a perfect summer's day here too. Clear blue sky now, pleasant breeze, humidity lower than recently, and weather station saying 26.3° at the moment. (It's normally pretty accurate, but looking at the official high temps currently - and the feel out there - I reckon that could be slightly higher than the reality for some reason.)

Liking the look of the Met Office's warnings. Lots of 'may's and 'chance's, yes, but in terms of storms (in fact, MOST weather), can we expect much more than that this far in advance?

Anyway, as I say, perfect afternoon here. So no complaints from me!

Posted

Liking the look of the Met Office's warnings. Lots of 'may's and 'chance's, yes, but in terms of storms (in fact, MOST weather), can we expect much more than that this far in advance?

That's all part of the fun of looking forward to the potential - you can't beat the weather rollercoaster - whether it be for storms or snow Posted Image

Posted

From what I could gather on the latest BBC weather report, the discussion, re. the weekend storm event, seemed to be whether only the East (Kent / EA) would be affected, or whether it would be further west (and presumably taking the far east out of the direct firing line) Posted Image

There wasn't any discussion on the event missing the UK entirely (although presumably that has to be a possibility too)

Edited by Steve C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

That's all part of the fun of looking forward to the potential - you can't beat the weather rollercoaster - whether it be for storms or snow Posted Image

Yep. And it always, always turns into a rollercoaster doesn't it?! It never seems to be straightforward. But yes, I agree, that IS part of the fun. (Even though it doesn't always feel like it, when the huge French storms head for Belgium, or the snow stays as rain or sleet!) Posted Image

Posted

Well 

Really beginning to wonder about this thread, perhaps it's just me?

Back to the weekends potential, with everything that has been thrown at us in the last few days (and model uncertainty) perhaps we should wait until Friday to start being more confident?

Edited by Coast

Posted

I am getting fed up of the local forecasts in this region, lunchtime forecast saying it will only reach 22-25C, when large parts of the region are already higher than this. There is conservative and then there is being plain wrong. Look Easts forecasts have got the temperature wrong here by a good 4-7 degrees the last few days.

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

A lovely afternoon: 26C with almost wall-to-wall sunshine!Posted Image

Posted

Approaching 28.5C in sunny NE Essex, most pleasant.

Now 28.7

Edited by Nick.F