Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern Regional Discussion 2nd August 2013 >

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It's 21C in the cloud here but the sun is fighting it's way through, so i expect the temps to shoot up today. It's one of those situations that happens where i usually end up with a higher temp than expected. I may nip out to do a bit of bass spinning this evening, wouldn't mind a thundery shower breaking out! :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Cloud is very slowly clearing away now with occasional intervals of warm sunshine. Really would like it to get a move on so I can enjoy the sun during it's peak hours rather than just before dinner. Of course, had we a proper spell of high pressure at the start of August the cloud probably would have cleared by now!

Guest William Grimsley

Lots of cumulus/cumulus congestus clouds are starting to make their presence felt. With the rate these clouds are expanding (little cumulus clouds to cumulus congestus clouds in 30 minutes), we could see some heavy showers, later. Felt very warm walking down the River Otter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

a lovely day here in the countryside, 23C currently with lots of sunshine and feeling rather muggy

Guest William Grimsley

a lovely day here in the countryside, 23C currently with lots of sunshine and feeling rather muggy

exactly the same here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

exactly the same here

looks like you're in  good spot for potential showers and thunderstorms later on this afternoon William, hope you get the storm you crave for! Posted Image

Guest William Grimsley

looks like you're in  good spot for potential showers and thunderstorms later on this afternoon William, hope you get the storm you crave for! Posted Image

yeah some towering Cumulonimbus clouds just inland now though a breeze sea breeze has just kicked in here so we may not be so lucky but there's still a chance, AJ! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

And the sun burns and burns;

http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

Little cloudcover left to burn away now. Gloucestershire & South Gloucestershire with a bit.

Sunny and warm IMBY now with it only getting better as we progress into the afternoon.

Enjoy!

I like that phrase Posted Image , saves the need to keep mentioning one's location. NIMBY is not a phrase I particularly concur with, though. When something benefits the wider community, what's it termed then? IMBYIFWW maybe, "in my back yard it f'ing works wonderfully" Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Lots of cumulus/cumulus congestus clouds are starting to make their presence felt. With the rate these clouds are expanding (little cumulus clouds to cumulus congestus clouds in 30 minutes), we could see some heavy showers, later. Felt very warm walking down the River Otter.

I love the Otter, I especially like the area around Budleigh Salterton for long walks. Posted Image

Posted

Currently 24C here with some Cumulus bubbling up.

25C since i posted the above .. Posted Image

Edited by Mapantz

Guest William Grimsley

I like that phrase Posted Image , saves the need to keep mentioning one's location. NIMBY is not a phrase I particularly concur with, though. When something benefits the wider community, what's it termed then? IMBYIFWW maybe, "in my back yard it f'ing works wonderfully" Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Erm?

I love the Otter, I especially like the area around Budleigh Salterton for long walks. Posted Image

Yeah a great river it is. Posted Image

Some lovely cumulonimbus to my W, WNW and NW, now. I just wish it was over here not inland. Sea breezes, damn things.

Posted

To describe one's location, I prefer the phrase, IMFGEABITWSAEMFNP.......

....(In My Front Garden Enjoying A Beer In The Warm Sunshine Approximately Eighty Miles From Newton Poppleford)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Carrying heavy boxes up to the garden was hard work and I was sweating like mad.

Its only 22C here but I think the humidity level of 68% is making it feel worse.

Guest William Grimsley

Sat on the convergence line, here. Always a good place to be when there's convection/showers forecast. Wind keeps going from WSW to S/SE here.

Posted

To describe one's location, I prefer the phrase, IMFGEABITWSAEMFNP.......

....(In My Front Garden Enjoying A Beer In The Warm Sunshine Approximately Eighty Miles From Newton Poppleford)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image and then Posted Image  Life's hard lessons. Newton where? Posted Image

Guest William Grimsley

Quite a few cumulus congestus clouds around now with one sat on top of me. More to the ENE though in a line.

Posted

Quite a few cumulus congestus clouds around now with one sat on top of me. More to the ENE though in a line.

Not too much kicking off yet just now, according to the radar but there are a few speckly bits (anaprop?) showing up. Maybe it's AJs speckled hens? Top post in the MOD thread, AJ, well said in response to Tooty's original comment.

24.8c here, looks like the Max. DP is 16.3c currently, but rather variable. Air Pressure falling slowly 1017.0mb

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Theres a cumulus cloud that is starting to build quite large and the base is starting to get dark.

Wouldn't be suprised if it manages to grow into a cumulonimbus.

Guest William Grimsley

There's some virga to my West/South West but i can confirm it's raining in the areas underneath it. Posted Image

No rain is falling to the ground from those clouds but at the top maybe. :D

Theres a cumulus cloud that is starting to build quite large and the base is starting to get dark.

Wouldn't be suprised if it manages to grow into a cumulonimbus.

Quite a few are trying around here, still warm and muggy.

Edited by William Grimsley

Guest William Grimsley

Not too much kicking off yet just now, according to the radar but there are a few speckly bits (anaprop?) showing up. Maybe it's AJs speckled hens? Top post in the MOD thread, AJ, well said in response to Tooty's original comment.

24.8c here, looks like the Max. DP is 16.3c currently, but rather variable. Air Pressure falling slowly 1017.0mb

Yeah I see a lot of that around but one shower just crossed over Chesil Beach.

Posted

No rain is falling to the ground from those clouds but at the top maybe. Posted Image

Well there was .. hence why i used the word 'confirm' - A friend tweeted to say she was being rained on whilst sunbathing. Posted Image

• Like 1