Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern Regional Discussion 2nd August 2013 >

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Yes, I can see it has got the better of you very clearly.Posted Image

No heavy rain, this evening. Just moderate rain, this evening.

At Newton Poppleford Weather, moderate rain has been falling on and off for the past 90 minutes. Newton Poppleford Weather, has recorded 3.8 mm of rainfall so far today and the highest rainfall rate recorded so far today is 4.8 mm/hr 18:41. Posted Image

Pardon me for asking William but is Newton poppleford a real place? It sounds so very Miss Marple.. Very charming if you aren't pulling our leg and its moderate rain does exist. :)

Posted

I can confirm Newton poppleford is real, its a village between Axminster and Sidmouth.

Oh and its raining here, steamy weired weather.

Guest William Grimsley

Never mind William GTLTW when is anything remotely heavy coming our way.. Please don't say tomorrow morning.. I am in the middle of a large firld tomorrow morn so hoping all the rain does its stuff tonight... Although I think ill be disappointed... Posted Image

Sorry but what does "GTLTW" mean? You should get some rain by midnight. :D

I can confirm Newton poppleford is real, its a village between Axminster and Sidmouth.

Oh and its raining here, steamy weired weather.

No, Newton Poppleford is not a village between Axminster and Sidmouth. It is a village between Sidmouth and Exeter.

Posted

GTLTW got to love the weather?

Sorry but what does "GTLTW" mean? You should get some rain by midnight. :DNo, Newton Poppleford is not a village between Axminster and Sidmouth. It is a village between Sidmouth and Exeter.

Ok well if you live in Axminster its not between Sidmouth for us is it?

Guest William Grimsley

Pardon me for asking William but is Newton poppleford a real place? It sounds so very Miss Marple.. Very charming if you aren't pulling our leg and its moderate rain does exist. Posted Image

Yes problem? No it does exist.

Guest William Grimsley

GTLTW got to love the weather?

Ok well if you live in Axminster its not between Sidmouth for us is it?

Yeah must be.

You don't make sense, it's a village BETWEEN Sidmouth and Exeter not in Axminster! Posted Image 

Newton pop is real, it has a pub, Italian and post office and lots of rain from what I see

Thank you, except never go to the Italian, it's a load of rubbish. You're right on the rain though.

Newton Poppleford Weather, has recorded 4.0 mm of rainfall today and the highest rainfall rate recorded today is 4.8 mm/hr 18:41. :D

Posted

I felt sorry for you when they were making fun of you but i dont now.

Its simple if i live in Axminster then to me newton pop is between axminster and exeter, right?

Posted

I felt sorry for you when they were making fun of you but i dont now.Its simple if i live in Axminster then to me newton pop is between axminster and exeter, right?

Sort of, more between Sidmouth/Beer and Exeter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Never mind William GTLTW when is anything remotely heavy coming our way.. Please don't say tomorrow morning.. I am in the middle of a large firld tomorrow morn so hoping all the rain does its stuff tonight... Although I think ill be disappointed... Posted Image

I think the field might get a little waterlogged. Having said that, it is forecast to be showery outbreaks so even we might miss out. It begins in the overnight period and extends into tomorrow afternoon, slowly transferring East. PB, what are you up to, in this field?

Guest William Grimsley

I felt sorry for you when they were making fun of you but i dont now.Its simple if i live in Axminster then to me newton pop is between axminster and exeter, right?

They? You mean you?Yeah but more between Sidmouth and Exeter. 

Sort of, more between Sidmouth/Beer and Exeter

Yeah Sidmouth and Exeter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

If anyone's interested, Yatton is between Weston-super-Mare and Bristol...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

If anyone's interested, Yatton is between Weston-super-Mare and Bristol...

I though it was inbetween Congresbury and Clevedon? lol. ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

I don't think it is likely will get anything tonight apart from possibly the odd rumble in isolated spots and maybe some distant faint flashes to the east of us.

Latest bbc west country forecast looks good later tomorrow for eastern areas of our region later in the day. It is our last chance though, as next week is looking like it is going to become settled again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I though it was inbetween Congresbury and Clevedon? lol.

Posted Image

Now that's just picky. Posted Image

Posted

They? You mean you?Yeah but more between Sidmouth and Exeter. hang on how was I making fun of you? I was sticking up for you telling people where you live is a real place. Once and for all IF I am going to Exeter from Axminster I go through Newton pop to get to Exeter. I wont bother with this childishness again, who cares where it is!

Yeah Sidmouth and Exeter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

I think the field might get a little waterlogged. Having said that, it is forecast to be showery outbreaks so even we might miss out. It begins in the overnight period and extends into tomorrow afternoon, slowly transferring East. PB, what are you up to, in this field?

Thanks GTLTW you star. Oh well wellies it is ... Think we may have more rain then by what you say than Newton poppleford which is real apparently. I want to go there.. Love the name. My friend is eventing today so am helping her. Wet ground as long as it doesn't get churned up is a good thing and ill just have to be prepared with the waterproofs... Although I only have winter ones so I could roast... Have a good day now.. :)

No problem at all. It is a great name. :)

No problem at all. It is a great name. :)

GTLTW got to love the weather? Sure is Sherrie. :) Ok well if you live in Axminster its not between Sidmouth for us is it?

GTLTW got to love the weather? Sure is Sherrie. :) Ok well if you live in Axminster its not between Sidmouth for us is it?

Posted
Guest William Grimsley

There we go! :D

I'd just like to start something about Sunday Night (all action gone in SW England). Netweather.tv is showing a 32% chance of storms and around 200 j/kg with a LI index of 1. Probably nothing much but something may come to SW England do you think?

Guest William Grimsley

Tuesday Evening could be interesting. Temperatures in the mid 20s and heavy rain associated with a cold front pushing down from the NW. With the combination of another cold front with warm/muggy air could be another repeat performance of last night. :D

Guest William Grimsley

Also, after that rain band has moved through, towards the end of the week lots of convective showers will grow mostly inland and look like they could be quite heavy. Then, towards the start of September, lots of intense downpours are forecast. This could be good. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

I haven't checked the latest forecast yet but I do remember them saying last night that there was a risk for maybe some heavy thundery showers for eastern areas of our region in the afternoon.

Is that still the case or has it changed?

Guest William Grimsley

I haven't checked the latest forecast yet but I do remember them saying last night that there was a risk for maybe some heavy thundery showers for eastern areas of our region in the afternoon.

Is that still the case or has it changed?

Depends how far east you mean. Hoepfully East Devon means 'east'. Posted Image

I have checked and the BBC just says 'It will be a fairly cloudy start with the odd shower possible but bright spells should develop through the morning as the cloud breaks up. More prolonged sunny spells are expected in the afternoon with occasional showers in the east.'

Posted

So what happened to the rain then and the yellow warnings of some heavy downpours?

We had very slight drizzle about 5ish this morning.

But its dry now, cloudy but not looking like any further rain.

Edited by lettice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Wareham has to be the most storm-free place in the country. There wasn't a drop of rain last night either, made for good fishing. Currently 17.6C and cloudy.