Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern Regional Discussion 2nd August 2013 >

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Tuesday Evening could be interesting. Temperatures in the mid 20s and heavy rain associated with a cold front pushing down from the NW. With the combination of another cold front with warm/muggy air could be another repeat performance of last night. Posted Image

It doesn't look particularly muggy on the GFS, upper temps don't look out of this world either, so unless another shortwave develops like it did yesterday, the best you can look out for is some drizzly showers by Tuesday.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Only 1.5mm rain overnight, followed by drizzle for much of the morning, but not enough to register in the gauge.  Now looking slightly brighter.

Guest William Grimsley

It doesn't look particularly muggy on the GFS, upper temps don't look out of this world either, so unless another shortwave develops like it did yesterday, the best you can look out for is some drizzly showers by Tuesday.

Drizzly showers? It's going to rain a lot anyway on Tuesday. What's a 'shortwave'?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

No rain,.. No rain. Dry all day . Overcast. 17.6c...Such a difference then notice how much cooler it is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Stuck out on middle of a field the sky looked ever so threatening all day..a little drissle and a few stronger spots when it looked evil above. North of us looked like it was getting a kicking.. We got off lightly thank goodness... But really where were the downpours ... Was it north of reading way? Anyone? ...

Guest William Grimsley

Stuck out on middle of a field the sky looked ever so threatening all day..a little drissle and a few stronger spots when it looked evil above. North of us looked like it was getting a kicking.. We got off lightly thank goodness... But really where were the downpours ... Was it north of reading way? Anyone? ...

More to the E of Reading but some to the N.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

9.6c difference in the high of 17.7c today at  15.27 and yesterday same time reading of 27.3 c...Some blue patches to be seen and now reading 16.6c..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

a dry, but positively autumnal feeling day, with grey skies & a stiff north/north westerly breeze making it feel very chilly at times......the good news is that tomorrow should be much brighter and feel considerably warmer

Guest William Grimsley

a dry, but positively autumnal feeling day, with grey skies & a stiff north/north westerly breeze making it feel very chilly at times......the good news is that tomorrow should be much brighter and feel considerably warmer

I hope so it was quite cold today on Exmouth Seafront in the NW breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Tomorrow's forecast map;

post-12721-0-09178800-1377373622_thumb.j

A day of sunshine and for some of us, a few heavy showers.

The area in green will be the focal point for the peak of shower activity late in the afternoon. This area includes Wiltshire, West Hampshire into the Mendips. The showers will be at their heaviest when they reach this area and cold be very heavy in places.

The area in red will also see some showers, again some heavy. They will be well scattered in the red area, which includes parts of Somerset, north Dorset, Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, parts of Gloucestershire, BANES & Bristol. Inbetween the showers, some warm sunny spells are likely. Showers will be most noticeable during the afternoon.

As ever with shower activity, they will be hit and miss and if you are inside either area, this does not guarantee you a shower.

Elsewhere, it should be shower free and some prolonged sunshine should be present. Cornwall & Devon will be the focal point for this.

Temperatures should hit the low twenties for many of us, maybe briefly peaking into the mid twenties in Hampshire.

• Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

Tomorrow's forecast map;

Posted Imageimage.jpg

A day of sunshine and for some of us, a few heavy showers.

The area in green will be the focal point for the peak of shower activity late in the afternoon. This area includes Wiltshire, West Hampshire into the Mendips. The showers will be at their heaviest when they reach this area and cold be very heavy in places.

The area in red will also see some showers, again some heavy. They will be well scattered in the red area, which includes parts of Somerset, north Dorset, Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, parts of Gloucestershire, BANES & Bristol. Inbetween the showers, some warm sunny spells are likely. Showers will be most noticeable during the afternoon.

As ever with shower activity, they will be hit and miss and if you are inside either area, this does not guarantee you a shower.

Elsewhere, it should be shower free and some prolonged sunshine should be present. Cornwall & Devon will be the focal point for this.

Temperatures should hit the low twenties for many of us, maybe briefly peaking into the mid twenties in Hampshire.

I think your shower boundaries are a little too far E. I think some showers (maybe heavy) could reach E Devon, at least.

Guest William Grimsley

My guess is that the showery rain currently sitting NW of London will move W/SW towards SW England and pep up today with a little convection. Or, that rain could dissipate and showers form anywhere by convection.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Its quite overcast here.Posted Image

Thought it was going to be more sunny by now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

and the radar is showing a band of moderate rain sweeping north east to south west across the region this morning, in fact it's just started raining as I type

Guest William Grimsley

and the radar is showing a band of moderate rain sweeping north east to south west across the region this morning, in fact it's just started raining as I type

hopefully that might intensify later on or at least head towards E Devon.

Posted

Its quite overcast here.Posted Image

Thought it was going to be more sunny by now.

Yes, so did I.  I've even done a couple of loads of washing and hung them out....looks like they may have to be brought in again.Posted Image That line may be weakening, but it's still coming this way!

Guest William Grimsley

Yes, so did I.  I've even done a couple of loads of washing and hung them out....looks like they may have to be brought in again.Posted Image That line may be weakening, but it's still coming this way!

It could break up into showers which could intensify. I hope.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Nevermind about dribs and drabs of rain, I want the sun to come out! Should be sunny here today.

Guest William Grimsley

The N part of the rain band moving NE to SW has just hit a convection pocket. That's a good sign. The rain band is just starting to move into Somerset and will shortly move into Devon at around 12:00. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Only 14.2c here as I type this. What has caused these conditions to be so far removed from what was expected. Posted Image

Posted

Heavy drizzle here now, temp dropped to 15.8C.  I had plans for this afternoon that didn't involve it being wet.....Grrrr!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Drizzle cleared but still overcast. 16C currently, pretty chilly! Looking forward to a sunnier week with some decent temps for us in the South.