Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 8th September onwards 2013

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Maybe worth watching this soon.. http://www.bognorregisbeach.co.uk/live

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

That storm has East Anglia's name on it, where will get hit the hardest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

That webcam is incredable, the strike rate is increasing every minute! Just warned my friend down in kent, hopefully he can get me some pictures!

Posted

That's a Kent clipper if I ever saw one. Hopefully some of the intense cells producing much of the lightning can move more north like some of the Anvil rains are, or new cells can develop further west (there are a few but not sure if they will become thundery)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

That webcam is incredable, the strike rate is increasing every minute! Just warned my friend down in kent, hopefully he can get me some pictures!

Wow, pretty awesome display!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Sat here not a million miles from the Dartford crossing here in Kent hoping i`ll see seeing a light show in a few hours time!

That saint-jouin-bruneval webcam is firing up a treat tho.....if only! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Good luck to y'all in the SE! As for my location, I just something happens with those small bunch of showers to the SE of Plymouth.

Edit:Something pepping up now to the SW of Plymouth!

post-17320-0-61780300-1380828465_thumb.p

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Humidex temperature of 21c an hour ago has now risen to 22c, so it is actually still turning more humid despite it now being after dark. I don't think I will see anything here by staying at home, even if the storms over France headed directly north they would head to my east. So, I have the car fueled and the camera ready for if anything looks to hit within 100 miles of here.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Would love to be under tail-end charlie on the Cherbourg Peninsula right now.

• Like 4

Posted

Good luck to y'all in the SE! As for my location, I just something happens with those small bunch of showers to the SE of Plymouth.

Edit:Something pepping up now to the SW of Plymouth!

You might get something in Cardiff - looking at the NMM the area of rain modelled in S Wales for just after midnight looks similar to the band approaching from the Plymouth area.

post-8245-0-12211900-1380829084_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

HHmmm so i have to be at work at 7am tomorow so i really should go to sleep soon... Fat chance! My friend in kent has started seeing the first flickers on the horizon... lucky bugger

Posted

Looked like things were slowing down a bit for a minute but then a sudden splurge of strikes near the south coast.

• Like 1

Posted

Reports of T & L in Brighton now. Though it looks like the most intense cells are still out over the east English Channel.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

I'm afraid to say that it has weakened rapidly in the last quarter of an hour. Getting storms across that Channel in one piece is just too much to ask for.Posted Image Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Tornado damages buildings and homes in Galway, Ireland

A tornado has caused structural damage to a number of buildings in the Republic of Ireland, knocking down several trees. One family had a lucky escape when a tree fell on their mobile home. There were no reports of any injuries but power supplies were affected around the Clonfert area of Galway on Wednesday evening.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-24390743

Posted

I'm afraid to say that it has weakened rapidly in the last quarter of an hour. Getting storms across that Channel in one piece is just too much to ask for.Posted Image Posted Image

There are a few sferics making it inland, but nothing like what was happening over in France. Recent sferics around Sussex for instance.

The cell near Plymouth looks quite potent, but this one is not producing any sferics yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

There are a few sferics making it inland, but nothing like what was happening over in France. Recent sferics around Sussex for instance.

The cell near Plymouth looks quite potent, but this one is not producing any sferics yet.

I really from the bottom of my heart hope we do see a good round off. My gut is saying no though unfortunately. I hope it is wrong. 

At least we both saw the best activity of the year from right under the epicentre though! Definitely the highlight of the year that night was.

Posted

Saw a couple of distant flashes to the south and I'm north if London in Stevenage. Must be very elevated!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

** Severe Drizzle Alert **

Amber Warning Issued by the Met Office for North & Mid Wiltshire at 2130 on Thu 3 Oct 2013

Valid from:
2130 on Thu 3 Oct 2013

Valid to:
0800 on Fri 4 Oct 2013

Outbreaks of thundery drizzle will spread north during the forecast giving local accumulations of up to 5nm, with the increasing likelyhood of isolated muddy puddles. The general public are advised that these muddy puddles maybe accompanied by Peppa Pig and to take these warnings seriously. Drivers are advised that road conditions will be treacherous due to spray from said muddy puddles and to use extreme caution and may have to use their windscreen wipers once every 5 mins. 

Posted Image

• Like 8

Posted

Kent clipper prediction has come true.

Posted

I really from the bottom of my heart hope we do see a good round off. My gut is saying no though unfortunately. I hope it is wrong. 

At least we both saw the best activity of the year from right under the epicentre though! Definitely the highlight of the year that night was.

Unfortunately I think your gut may be right. It would be nice to see something, especially so late in the year but as you say there was always the 23rd July, and for me the 2nd August was pretty special too.