Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 8th September onwards 2013

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

A rumble of thunder heard to my SW half an hour ago,convective skys last seen on July 23rd here! Thought that ship had sailed this season but maybe not...

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

The split in the front is getting larger. Maybe it's going to split with main energy going up the west side of the UK and a the other bit going across the South east/ east Anglia into the North sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

looks like total bust here.....radar has a huge gap in the ppn tracking here, it might even end up staying dry here.....you couldn't make it up!! Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

KENT clipper Posted Image

Direction might be right if it can travel:

Posted Image

Posted

It's a messy old day out there and the latest SatRep interpretation shows there is more than the one front to contend with later:

Posted Image

Posted

A Summer plume at the start of Autumn Posted Image well I never..

Still think some of us shall be talking about the event of 3rd October for some time..good-luck if that's your kinda thing.

Beginning to look quite threatening towards the SW already and we're miles away from any action.

And an interesting commute for some later too - large dark billowing clouds spitting out some sparks then that familiar wall of rain..be prepared.

I thinks its being a bit hyped up to be honest. Its just heavy rain with the odd rumble of thunder. doubt my grandkids will be studying it in Georgraphy in 30 years time lol.  Not a single strike on UK soil in the last 30 minutes according to the detector!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

The sky has taken a very stormy look to it this afternoon, just fueled up the car incase there is any activity tonight... looking at the charts there is a good chance later tonigjt. Fingers crossed everyone!!

Posted

Rained a little here, not even heavy, total waste of time, BBC cock up again for my area. CRY WOLF AGAIN!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

As per usual - took one look at the Bedfordshire area and flaked out! Looking at that lot in the Irsh sea - could Dublin be in line for another pounding like a couple of years ago...100 mm wasn't it or something like that?

Made the Bournemouth flood (my home town's one) look puny!

Edited by Buzzard

Posted

Just a lttle drizzle on and off today and brightening up now in southampton  - have to laugh at the  forecasts, not even close

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Looking good for some, hopefully it won't end in tears like it often does, we often see a build up for it only to decay as it moves in, however I don't think so this time!

Think I gave it the death nail by saying

that!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

0.0mm of rainfall........carlsberg don't do plumes, but if they did.............................................................................................

................they'd go bankrupt in a day! Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Can't really see anything spectacular from the latest radar.  Just moderate to heavy rain in places.  Not really a plume

Posted

Well only enough rain to wet the ground here, despite charts like the Met Office rainfall maps looking good yesterday or earlier, and showing more heavy/torrential cells/storms around here later, which of course also look like they won't happen now or will be further east!

This is unlike home that gets more torrential rain and thunderstorms, with the weather coming out of the boring mode it was in for over 3 month where I didn't have a total over 8mm all summer, just after I go back to uni again.

Of course more interesting stuff forecast for home later tonight but not here now.

In my second year of uni now and still haven't even seen rain over 'heavyish' here like what would show about 4-8mm/hr on the radar, even briefly.. This place really does seem to be a s***hole for weather..

Sorry needed a slight rant.. lol

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Well that was a total anticlimax!! 20 mins of heavy-ish rain and it stopped. Radar shows big gaps in rainfall intensity along the front. So disappointing, some intense rainfall alone would have been enough for me lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

It's raining heavily in Belper but i'm a bit disappointed by the lack of thundery activity so far in the uk. Maybe tonight will offer more promise.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

As per usual another non-event, frustrating to see France yet again get all the fun and games! Was looking forward to some intense rainfall at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

Umm, Met Office seem to have changed their forecast for me with more heavy rain arriving late evening now.

Posted

Abandon hope all ye who enter here?

Or wait another three of four hours and see if some of this bubbling up brings home the bacon?

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=holiday&jaar=-3&soort=loop24uur&URL&lightning=1

http://www.weathercast.co.uk/radar/france.html

At this point the water I'm expecting is still in this glass:

Posted Image

and it's definitely half full.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Latest GFS shows the SE third of the UK under nearly 1000j/kg of CAPE tonight but no rain.