Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/10/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

We were discussing this weekends display and current thinking is if this transpires we expect it to be called off.

If that does happen I will only have the storm to watch out the window and not the fireworks as well.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

As much as I would enjoy some interesting weather. We have already spent a fair bit on fireworks, food and booze for our party, so if it could delay itself that would be fab.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I think everybody now with the latest met warning is going....... "oh here we go again" cause I am Posted Image

At least it's not amber straight away this time, the river dour flooded with the last storm and will probably flood with this one. It sounds like the winds are not such a concern this time, fingers crossed there is no upgrade in the wind and the rain downgrades.

Posted

As much as I would enjoy some interesting weather. We have already spent a fair bit on fireworks, food and booze for our party, so if it could delay itself that would be fab.

can you still get indoor fireworks? we used have them when we were kids (responsible adults in charge of course)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

can you still get indoor fireworks? we used have them when we were kids (responsible adults in charge of course)

Wow.... just wow.- - - - - - - - - - - - - -I hope this Atlantic dominance doesn't persist throughout winter. 

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

If that low keeps tracking it will probably go amber, there are a lot of trees that took a pounding Monday that will be weakened enough for some real problems if this comes through.

Posted

Posted Image MetO 5 day transposes that to gusts up to 57mph just up the coast from me on Sunday morning, quite lively elsewhere too:

Posted ImageMetO gusts Sunday 0600.png

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/london-greater-london#?tab=map&fcTime=1383415200&map=GustSpeed&zoom=8&lon=-0.12&lat=51.51

Posted Imagewig.jpg

Looks like I will need an anchor.....and I am fishing from the bankPosted Image

Posted

I remember these they are terrible Posted Image

Oh, never said they were anygood :p (you are right they were pants really, just filled your house with smoke)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Please say it's not going to do it again.

It shouldn't be so bad. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

It will last longer though, the worry is not so much this event but exisiting damage from before.

Weakened trees, full rivers, sodden ground etc.

A solid 6 hours with gusts over 50 could cause some disruption

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

One point to note, this weekend the tide in dover is 6.8m (which is a large spring tide) as opposed to Monday when a had a 5.3m tide.

We had problems with the sea height on the piers last time, guess my friend will be waiting a while to reopen his cafe on the pier.

Posted

Here is perturbation 15 from the latest GFS (obviously cherry picked...Posted ImagePosted Image)

post-11059-0-31015000-1383153417_thumb.ppost-11059-0-18631400-1383153418_thumb.ppost-11059-0-02589700-1383153419_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Any idea when we will know by a good percentage whether this will hit the SE or not as I need to come up with a Plan B if fireworks can't happen.

Guest bjaykent

Not too sure about this weekend, more runs needed at the moment, but this is what I have been waiting to see, laughingly far off into FI but blocking starting to appear in the Atlantic.
First signs of winter I hope.Posted Image

post-16390-0-32531000-1383155319_thumb.p  post-16390-0-05070900-1383155306_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted

Any idea when we will know by a good percentage whether this will hit the SE or not as I need to come up with a Plan B if fireworks can't happen.

Well nothing is set in stone, apart from that it'll be unsettled. Here are other model predictions for Saturday evening. ECM isn't updated yet.post-11059-0-20554200-1383155698_thumb.ppost-11059-0-16675300-1383155699_thumb.gpost-11059-0-99000200-1383155699_thumb.pThey all show a low to a degree, but the intensity is not the same.Here is a rainfall chart for 21:00 on Saturday from GFS.post-11059-0-89658300-1383155700_thumb.pNot even rain is certain for the evening, although likely.So in answer to your question, specifics will be hard to ascertain for at least 24 hours imho. Edited by Steve C

Posted

Just copied this from Exacta Weather site.

"The stormy conditions are also likely to become and feel more widespread in scale and distribution, than the more recent St. Jude storm that we have just experienced. Further gusts and severe gales in excess of 60-80 mph are also a possibility, especially in some exposed coastal areas. This period will therefore bring the risk of further large waves at sea/flooding issues, structural damage, and falling trees. Extra caution in consideration of travel is advisable and close attention to local weather forecasts and any forthcoming weather warnings that are issued/upgraded. This will also bring some snow across higher ground in parts of the far north for this period too.

The dominant conditions of largely unsettled weather and strong/severe winds is also likely to continue into November, in particular, around bonfire night. This will also bring the additional risk for some further violent storms and hurricane strength weather events throughout the first half of November. November is also likely to turn significantly and progressively colder than of late. This will allow some wintry/snow showers to develop in places, with an increased risk of more widespread snow developing across the country, especially in the second half of the month in some northern and eastern parts of the country."

Hmmm..., talk about sensationalist imho. I particularly like it references violent storms / hurricanes in the plural, in a period of a little over two weeks. Posted Image I'm astounded by the weather site tbh.

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Hmmm..., talk about sensationalist imho. I particularly like it references violent storms / hurricanes in the plural, in a period of a little over two weeks. Posted Image I'm astounded by the weather site tbh.

So we can expect the press to pick up on this with some killer mega storm part two headlines soon then ... Oh dear !

Chilly out tonight ....snug as a bug in a rug here though heating is on and so are the fluffy slippers :-)

• Like 3