Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/10/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Im retreating into here.

My other normal threads have suddenly turned into a quagmire of people writing off the entire winter and fights.

I like it here, anyone want a biscuit?!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Yes I agree. This weather illustrates why I find autumn my least favourite season of the year, next to winter if all it produces is endless wind and rain. Even if we have to wait for any properly cold weather with frost and snow, I will be happy simply for the low pressure system train to be derailed. This is starting to resemble that hideous November 2009 too much (albeit its still the last day of October)Posted Image ..although I did like what followed the following monthPosted Image

Btw - I hope you feel better soonPosted Image

I agree, this weather isn't interesting as it's bog standard British Autumn, it's just not pleasant at all to go about our daily lives. I want the sun back that was out yesterday Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Im retreating into here.

My other normal threads have suddenly turned into a quagmire of people writing off the entire winter and fights.

Are they zesty lemon and cardamon biccies!?Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Well both those weather warnings are for Friday and Sun/Mon so I'm gonna put my rose-tinted glasses on and hope that Saturday night will dodge the worst weather and the firework party for my sons 7th bday will still go ahead!!!H x

Just looked at XC Weather for Saturday night and so far it looks OK (fingers crossed). Hawkhurst at 6pm and 9pm shows as dry, 10c and 18-21mph winds which would be fine for the local Bonfire Night procession and fireworks in Battle. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Ive got 20 gallons of pdtrol to start the bonfire, im lightning it tonight and burning a full size model of the queen on it, also i have an app that tells me whdn its halloween in Egypt.

For God's sake don't light it with petrol! The most dangerous thing you can think of doing. Petrol creates a vapour which can burn you alive.

Use diesel instead, much safer.

Edit: I see you were joking, but it's not very funny... people have actually done this.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 6

Posted

Im retreating into here.

Yes i got huge stick for ramming it down there throats in the possible storm next weekend thread in relation to the southern bias that was being bashed about. So i decided not to post in there again whatever happens this week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

For God's sake don't light it with petrol! The most dangerous thing you can think of doing. Petrol creates a vapour which can burn you alive.

Edit: I see you were joking, but it's not very funny... people have actually done this.

An old work colleague of mine had a husband that did this. Flash / bang and a house that shook immediately followed, as well as a partially destroyed bonfire. The lady in question said that she thought she was a widow at that point, although hubby's only loss was his eyebrows, which were singed off! Posted Image

I must admit to laughing, when she relayed the tale, the Monday morning afterwards. Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Are they zesty lemon and cardamon biccies!?Posted Image

Those things are like heroin to me!
  • Like 1

Posted

Those things are like heroin to me!

They are easy to make and yes, they are very addictive!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

My dad burnt some of his hair off when he used petrol once and he was almost hit with a firework from a cake that he was trying to light. My dad is prone to accidents though, he has fallen from 2 metres on to his back on to a 2 ton concrete block with large bolts in them which they use to test the overweight cut off switches on scissor lifts (my dad is a lift manufacture/engineer) he builds lifts for companies such as marks and Spencer, asda, Sainsbury’s etc (works as a contractor for easylift) and he was once working on a junction box when one of his colleague turned the mains on electrocuting him lucky his colleague turned the power straight off again, he had serious burns on his hands. That’s not the worst of it either, my dad had bone fragments explode into his face and mouth when one of the lifts failed sending it crashing down onto a man’s hand.

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?mode=2&ech=204

just  looked  deep in to fantasy world am i allowed  to mention  the s..w  word  yet!! 

Guest bjaykent

Even if it did come off and that is about 1/100 chance.. it would and looks like a snow to rain event I HATE THAT WITH A PASSION!

I'm not looking for specifics, just a potential change of pattern, anything that will derail the Atlantic will be fine with me and there have been a few hints in FI over the last few days on GFS. Once we get a change then we can start to look for the potential of snow. Autumn lows have been fairly relentless of late and it would be nice to see them stop before we end up with some serious flooding issues.Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

One of my friends did this about 10 years ago. He burnt his whole face :( he looks pretty normal now but it was AWFUL. He has the pic of his burnt face as his FB profile pic and I hate seeing it...melted *shudder*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

been a long day today, and it has remained dull and cool too, only just about managed 12oC here.

Well apart from a quick nip to the local corner shop it is a full on night in, curled up on the sofa later to watch Autumnwatch (why only 4 eps?) and may do a bit more on one the pictures I have currently in progress later.

Posted

My dad burnt some of his hair off when he used petrol once and he was almost hit with a firework from a cake that he was trying to light. 

My dad is prone to accidents though, he has fallen from 2 metres on to his back on to a 2 ton concrete block with large bolts in them which they use to test the overweight cut off switches on scissor lifts (my dad is a lift manufacture/engineer) he builds lifts for companies such as marks and Spencer, asda, Sainsbury’s etc (works as a contractor for easylift) and he was once working on a junction box when one of his colleague turned the mains on electrocuting him lucky his colleague turned the power straight off again, he had serious burns on his hands. That’s not the worst of it either, my dad had bone fragments explode into his face and mouth when one of the lifts failed sending it crashing down onto a man’s hand.

Jeez! I hope he's well paid for it! Posted Image

Posted

Starting to get dark now, so time to take refuge, from the trick or treaters, down the pub. Posted Image

Safe to return by 9, I guess? Posted Image

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 1

Posted

Starting to get dark now, so time to take refuge, from the trick or treaters, down the pub. Posted Image

Someone at work said they had put a Picture of Jimmy Saville on their door to deter them.

I have nothing in for them if they come knocking and protocol is if nothing out showing the event then do not go knocking.  Not being a misery, just not wishing to participate myself, not in the mood.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Quote CK:" We settled in and of course she who must be obeyed decided to go into labour, you ought to heard the noise, whinging and whining, I mean how un thoughtful can you get, not only did she wake me up but she expected me to take her up the hospital as well, so I said I would ring for an ambulance, but no, our lovely daughter decided she was going to make a quick appearance, so it had to be the car, well with a screech and much spinning of wheels off we went. Got to hospital and being a typical pair of woman, they decided between them that, no she wouldn't be born yet. So the first serious row of our marriage commenced, honestly I only put my head on her bed, because I was overcome with emotion, it had nothing to do with that I was still drunk and had fallen asleep, I am sure that I didn't deserve the kick in the head from the wife because I was snoring whilst she decided to have a few labour pains. I also don't think it was correct that I couldn't have the gas and air for headache, obviously caused by the vicious kick in the head, and not by the beer"

Just had a chance to read the post in full CK, certainly got me laughing!

Reminds me of my first appearance on a Maternity Ward, as a very nervous, expectant father. After my wife had experienced initial labour pains, decided to hastily take a weeks holiday from work, of course the pains stopped and I decided to go back to work on the Saturday, as we were short-staffed and very busy. That did the trick and got a call from my mother-in-law to say that my wife, Jackie, was on her way to hospital and to meet them both there.

28th March and very warm, temps hit 70f that day, got into the Delivery Room, with the temp seemingly double that and was met with the sight of all sorts of tubes being attached to my wife. Felt extremely nervous and when the nurse suggested a nice cuppa with sugar, enthusiastically accepted the offer, which initiated this curt response from the nurse, "Actually, I was talking to your wife Tom, you can have one all the same and while I'm at it I'll find you a bed, you look as if you need a lie down yourself"! Whoops! Posted Image Our son was born a couple of hours later, at a bonny 8lb 6oz.

My daughter Hayley, began her final descent into daylight at 3.30 am on a Monday morning, wonderful timing and we've had timing issues ever since! Love her to bits really! Posted Image

Anyway, very murky here in Croydon and have very cunningly got the evening shift, leaving my daughter to the mercy of the trick and treaters of Chislehurst. But little Miss Feisty will no doubt handle any trouble-makers with her usual firm but kind approach! Posted Image

Happy Halloween.

Regards,

Tom

• Like 4

Posted

Saturday looks more and more like a better day than previously suggested as the overnight rain leaves and we have a window of drier weather during the day.  Rain returns as we go into Sunday, but with the low pressure quite a lot further north than previously suggested than we might well miss the worst of the weather in this region.

Posted Image

Further rain though on Sunday night and into Monday as the next low pressure returns south. A fairly unsettled weekend in relative terms, though not as bad perhaps as seemed in the last day or so - and wind strength is a much lower threat.

That's my glass half full appraisal of things anywayPosted Image

Edited by Tamara תָּמָר
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Heading out at 7 to meet someone for a while so I think I am safe Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Saturday looks more and more like a better day than previously suggested as the overnight rain leaves and we have a window of drier weather during the day.  Rain returns as we go into Sunday, but with the low pressure quite a lot further north than previously suggested than we might well miss the worst of the weather in this region. Further rain though on Sunday night and into Monday as the next low pressure returns south. A fairly unsettled weekend in relative terms, though not as bad perhaps as seemed in the last day or so - and wind strength is a much lower threat.

That's my glass half full appraisal of things anywayPosted Image

And the best bit of the weekend (daytime) I am working :(

Posted

And the best bit of the weekend (daytime) I am working Posted Image

Well I won't be working exactly in the sense you describe, but I will hopefully be taking advantage of a drier day to do some gardening work and tidying up of twigs and things after the storm early last Monday

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy winters

Kids are getting ready for trick or treating. Going to take them to the Pub that Steve C is going to!!!!.  Lol.

• Like 6

Posted

Well I won't be working exactly in the sense you describe, but I will hopefully be taking advantage of a drier day to do some gardening work and tidying up of twigs and things after the storm early last Monday

I hear you, this weekend is my rota weekend and I will be working from home and being single it still does give me the chance to sort out my chores as well as no one else will be doing them, we are kinda on call but have to monitor IT stuff so you cannot stray from home if you see what I mean?