Wales (Cymru) Autumn Regional Discussion 28/10/13 -------->

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

more to come tomorrow night

Posted Image

Posted Image

Don't take those charts for granted..models are only a GUIDE they don't dictate whats going to happen!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

more to come tomorrow night

Posted Image

Posted Image

Post the charts from the GFS 0.5 they have a much better resolution..

I can see Pen y Fan from my house and it's looking solid white, probably a few CM up there. We had sleet last night which turned to snow later on and gave a dusting which soon melted. The surrounding mountains were also white (400m or so) but it melted up there too by late morning. As expected... bit of an uninspiring cold snap but it isn't even winter yet I suppose. Looks rather anticyclonic into the future with some frosts.

• Like 1

Snowing quite heavy here

There was heavy snow around this time at sea level as well, wasn't really expecting that. Reports as well of snow settling around here during the heavy showers, but thawing later due to the sun./rising daytime temps.

If the snow had come an hour earlier it would have been a Met Office Snow day. but overall pleased to have snow and also to see it falling.

Posted

Snowing again in North Swansea last one before dying out .

Saying that a streamer seems to be drifting eastwards off the irish sea.

Posted

-0 really cold and frosty already! Any snow for se wales? Makes me want to put my decks up! Anything is better than the mild wet weather

-0 really cold and frosty already! Any snow for se wales? Makes me want to put my decks up! Anything is better than the mild wet weather

After a bit of rain over the next few days, High Pressure looks like becoming established over the UK and settling things down, so perhaps sunny and frosty as well.

• Like 1

Posted

Sun and frost do me nicely, let winter strike after xmas and have one huge snow fall and then back to sun.

why are there so many links to articles stating worst winter for 100 years, and 100 days of constants snow? how can these people give out information line that without any truth in it? I know they need to sell papers but most would just read it on links like I have so no gain there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Blue skies, smokey black clouds and hail and hail and hail....... time to light the fire.........

• Like 1

Posted

Gone very dark here! Probably be rain though.

same here jay and bits of rain every now and then, although i will say today all in all its been very chilly in the shadows but quite ok if in the sun.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

heres a video for you lot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6WZeKFHGkM

I am working on more videos and will post them as I finish

• Like 4

Posted

What a wild cold feeling day heavy showers of rain sleet snow squalls and gales from the NW....

4.6 max..

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

here is a cold jan 47 video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbaEJC_eLNw

• Like 1

Posted

Really raw night out their tonight - cold northerly wind - and the radar screen is looking full of potential - reports of snow from the midlands - so all to play for yet before this low pressure clears our shores

Edited by Snowmadsam

Posted

Out west the wind has been howling all day. Really squally showers too.

Not cold enough here. Temps at 4°C so can't see any wintry ppn. But the showers are fairly fast moving so maybe if a more organised band came this way....?

Posted

RADAR - approaching now and in HEREFORD - seems to be getting stronger too as it approaches our mountains - will this be heavy enough and cold enoiugh to fall as snow? - again reports of snow in the midlands.

Edited by Snowmadsam
  • Like 1

Posted

RADAR - approaching now and in HEREFORD - seems to be getting stronger too as it approaches our mountains - will this be heavy enough and cold enoiugh to fall as snow? - again reports of snow in the midlands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you'll see snow mate but not down here, always rains here haha.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Aah, the joys of a Slate Cottage in Wales - wind blowing a gale outside and floorboards inside lifting in sympathy - still it might drive some of the damp off...........  love it though - have learned the joy of sox - knitting my fifth pair now........................

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

I hope I see something, as its heading my way but temp at 5C and dew at 1.5C its unlikely that I will see snow...

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

Posted Image JUST COMING OVER OUR BORDERS NOW - CAN I CHECK YOUR PASSPORT MR LOW PRESSURE!Posted Image 

Welcome to Wales

Croeso i Gymru

(looks like a real line of precip coming straight at our eastern valleys)

Edited by Snowmadsam
  • Like 2