Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 06/11/13 0000z ------------>

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Any snow this week looks very unlikely, now. Though, things can change. So, it's best to wait until Tuesday before there are any decisions made.

Over your house or everywhere within this region William. Posted Image Even at t+48 to t+72 range, I'm still sitting on a very big fence.

Posted Image

Taking nothing away from anybody's analysis at this range, as quite rightly you state that things can change. The point to note is that each TV forecast is altering from one to the next too, so a strong indication that the NWP outputs are not reaching a consensus even at such a short timeframe. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I see met ofgice app has reduced snow in forecast although still has lught snow showers showing on tuesday and some brief transient snow wednesday morning fir high ground but it could and will change for better or worse yet....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Fog/mist.  7.8c. Still saying sleet Weds/Thurs....Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Morning! You can see the temp in the pics, just a shame I won't be able to see them. Incidentally, does anyone else have a vantage vue? I cannot find any info on a lunar eclipse tomorrow, it's normally accurate though..

post-15177-0-46865800-1384690029_thumb.j post-15177-0-18751500-1384690053_thumb.j

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow and storms

Afternoon all. Currently 9.6c here, misty and grey, very little wind or breeze. Off to watch my boys play footie now in Windsor.

• Like 1

Posted

I see met ofgice app has reduced snow in forecast although still has lught snow showers showing on tuesday and some brief transient snow wednesday morning fir high ground but it could and will change for better or worse yet....

spell check not working

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Not that the BBC's 5-day forecasts are anything to go by, the temperature for Wednesday in Bristol seems to have crept up by 1C each time it's update, on Friday it was showing 3C and sleet, then yesterday evening 5C and sleet, now 7C and heavy rain. Before we know it will be saying 11C and drizzle lol!

How so much mild air can get caught up with a low coming down from the north is beyond me!

• Like 1

Posted

spell check not working

Drunk I expect. :D

Another damp. dreary and overcast day at Daisy Towers.  

So snowmageddon is fading into a distant dream then,  I have a feeling that this will be this winters story.  Happy to be wrong though.

Posted

If ever there was a day that typifies mid-November weather it's today.

Damp, misty, dreary, coldish at 7c. Yuck!

Edited by Bristle boy
  • Like 3

Posted

Drunk I expect. Posted Image

Another damp. dreary and overcast day at Daisy Towers.  

So snowmageddon is fading into a distant dream then,  I have a feeling that this will be this winters story.  Happy to be wrong though.

Dreary it is today.

As to the snowmageddon, it was never on the cards, a brief blip like this in november, the sea temperatures down here are still far to high, keeping the air warm, .

Sea temp is currently 14.1C in bournemouth

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Dreary it is today.As to the snowmageddon, it was never on the cards, a brief blip like this in november, the sea temperatures down here are still far to high, keeping the air warm, .Sea temp is currently 14.1C in bournemouth

Did you go into the sea yourself to find that out then?post-12721-0-61774200-1384703469_thumb.j;) ;)
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Did you go into the sea yourself to find that out then?

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

still overcast and foggy,Horrible grey day.Temperature  8.1c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Did you go into the sea yourself to find that out then?

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Where did you get that from, I didn't see you down there on the seafront.

If it snows this week, I'll fetch mine out the wardrobe and run across Bournemouth sea front! Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

You are right Barry my spell check wasn't working because I was using my phone and also I had a bad hangover daisy Posted Image

Oh does anyone know why I cant see previous quotes when I reply to specific people?

Edited by mullender83
  • Like 1

Posted

Just posted this over on the SE thread, hope it's of assistance in trying to second guess the weather this coming week.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://forum.netweat...1113/?p=2832981

Four days hence Posted Image and still things haven't really changed regarding the snow prospects, i.e. no overall consensus.

Odd how things don't change much once we shut down the Atlantic. Certainly looking forward to the potential over the coming days and weeks, whatever the weather. It's certainly going to be on the colder side of Average for the rest of November I reckon. Posted Image

In fact, whilst referring to the far North of the UK initially, I did mention the following within the Snow and Ice thread on the 11th November.

I feel that even a Northwesterly flow would be distinctly chilly at this rate given the increase in ice around Greenland and Iceland, small wonder the Geese have moved on. Posted Image

Well the first proper wintriness of the season is arriving initially from the Northwest, whether it will make it's presence known in this region is down to local Dewpoints, wet bulb Temps, upper level Temps and the like. We shall know for sure in less than 48 to 72 hours. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Here we go again! Straw clutching for some and complete madness for others, this cold outbreak is a month to early, a bit of a waste of cold really and to think this could be the highlight of the winter...............................................!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Here we go again! Straw clutching for some and complete madness for others, this cold outbreak is a month to early, a bit of a waste of cold really and to think this could be the highlight of the winter...............................................!! 

The "waste of cold" suggestion is not true. And who said it will be the highlight of the winter? The south was NEVER going to see days of widespread snow potential, the depth of the cold has been watered down somewhat, but it will still be several degrees below average this week.

Also, it can't be the highlight of the winter because winter doesn't start for another 2 weeks!

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Not saying it IS going to be the highlight of the winter, with the boot on the other foot though who can say it won't be?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Not saying it IS going to be the highlight of the winter, with the boot on the other foot though who can say it won't be?

Well nobody knows, but even during the mildest winters of the 2000s there were still widespread snow events.

Posted

Not for central western areas away from high ground nick, many recorded 0 days of snow cover.

Posted

Don't be so sure Mark P, remember 2010. Furthermore there are striking similarities and I think there will be short-term upgrades throughout. The flow will very rarely be from the SW through the rest of November, if at all. Snow or no snow, as I've said before, I am very grateful for the blocked Atlantic. Yes 2010 (December especially) was a very rare setup but this time around, we are NOT a million miles ahead from it when viewing things from a NH profile point of view.

• Like 3

Posted

Not for central western areas away from high ground nick, many recorded 0 days of snow cover.

If we want to remain in pessimistic mode, many of the 90s winters were pants IMBY and so too were a great many from the naughties. Then again, looking ahead it's not ALL about the snow, either. At least for me It isn't I also like to see the Temps fall and records tumble, freezing fog leaving rime ice on the trees, got to love that weather.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Anyone see the huffington post review of the daily express headlines of 100 days of snow.... Finally another news company tackling the ridiculous of them.. It will I suspect be just a normal cold snap for this time of year! Sorry to say all but I fear it will be just that. .... Although secretly I ll be doing a snow dance...;)