Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 06/11/13 0000z ------------>

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Will it snow in cardiff? Thought I'd ask :p

Head up to the Brecons/Valleys mate. Could be some picturesque scenes up there next week!

Guest William Grimsley

Looking good for a wintry mix next week Posted Image we might sneak a snow day into November at this rate which would be a nice start to winter.

If it stays on track it could get busy in here by sunday/Monday onwards next week... Posted Image

I agree. Hopefully, the schools will close with 1 cm or more of snow.Posted Image

Edited by William Grimsley
  • Like 2

Posted

Positively mild here with nothing doing.  Temp 5.3c and almost no wind although we did have gusts up to 35mph earlier.  Sadly, I put the heating on and forgot about it so it is too hot in here to light a fire.  Thinking of opening the doors to cool it off a bit Posted Image  as I do love a fire and am well stocked up with fuel Posted Image

William, I always hope that school will close but ours are a stubborn lot and even if all the schools nearby stay open, ours seems to go that extra mile to make sure we stay open Posted Image   I live a very short walk away so no excuses for us.

My colleague (we are a small team of 4) walks all the way to work if it is really bad and that shows the rest of us up so we have no choice but to go in.  We all live within a couple of miles of each other (and the office) too so no opportunity for telling them that we couldn't get in because of the snow!

I love having a snow day off with my children Posted Image   When I lived in a remote village in Cambs, we regularly got snowed in... If the school bus managed to get into the village, the older kids (inc my son) used to hide behind the hedge near my house and then return home to tell their parents that the bus hadn't turned up!  I knew what they were up to but didn't breathe a word Posted Image  My son and his friends thought I was the coolest Mum ever that I allowed this to go on Posted Image

Edited by Sungirl
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

It might just melt though before it reaches the ground Posted Image Posted Image

Posted

I fear I may have blown any hopes of snow in this area as I have posted a possible prediction on FB... Historically this means there will be NO SNOW and I will be discredited Posted Image   I never learn!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well I feel somewhat deflated after reading gibbys forecast... Posted Image

Posted

And again on the 18z GFS Op, some midweek wintriness is possible;

post-12721-0-65518200-1384467729_thumb.jpost-12721-0-73313400-1384467736_thumb.jpost-12721-0-68457500-1384467744_thumb.j

post-12721-0-54569200-1384467758_thumb.jpost-12721-0-38340400-1384467766_thumb.jpost-12721-0-46754600-1384467773_thumb.j

That's all 4 GFS Op runs today that have shown some sort of disturbance over out region providing something of interest mid next week. Interesting to observe if nothing else! :)

• Like 3

Posted

Nice to see it's getting a tad busier in here, even if not particularly!

Good charts being piled out by the GFS as well (snow wise) but as GTLTW would put it, it needs to be taken with a gritter load of salt at this range :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Nice to see it's getting a tad busier in here, even if not particularly!

Good charts being piled out by the GFS as well (snow wise) but as GTLTW would put it, it needs to be taken with a gritter load of salt at this range Posted Image

Sound advice, I predict that you should have snow before March 31st 2014 is my only other offer. Posted Image

Posted

Sound advice, I predict that you should have snow before March 31st 2014 is my only other offer. Posted Image

Hard call, I like the guarantee on this offer though... I'll take this one :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

A nice little RAMP before bedtime. Posted Image

post-7183-0-98721500-1384469302_thumb.pn

Christmas might be coming early, that's all I'm saying. Key timeframe, as it has been for several days now is the 18th to 20th November (damn early for snow, at least for lying snow IMBY, but far from impossible). Personally, if you saw my post from earlier today, my gut feeling would be for a dry feed at least in the early stages. It may well be a long haul to December, however. Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Interesting fax chart for 96hrs. Plenty of troughs in the northerly flow. Especially close to coastline. Maybe some in this region may get lucky and with elevation. Cotswolds? Somerset etc..

post-15543-0-61158800-1384470155_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I'm sitting on the fence. Not getting my hopes up just yet, been burned far too many times. Love to see it happen though. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

No disrespect to those who post the precip-type charts but they are less reliable than the normal precip ones. It's likely that they're taking the isotherm level into account over high ground at the moment, nothing to say that there will be something wintry at lower levels though. :)

Posted

Nearly time to start lamppost watching again!!!

Not in South Glos. The council, in their infinite wisdom, now turn the street lights off in many residential streets from 11.00pm until 5.00am....including mine! GRRRR!!

Posted

Not in South Glos. The council, in their infinite wisdom, now turn the street lights off in many residential streets from 11.00pm until 5.00am....including mine! GRRRR!!

You need to get yourself one of these then BB;post-12721-0-01936600-1384502145_thumb.j
  • Like 1

Guest William Grimsley

You need to get yourself one of these then BB;

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Exactly. There are 3 of these around the house and I just turn on a switch and I can see snow/rain falling at night. Perfect.

• Like 1